en Yokomo YR-4 special

Updated on March 9, 2021 | 205 Views all
0 on March 9, 2021

there were more than one, at least two different YR-4 Special models I remember. this one is one of them. it came with carbon graphite top deck, shocks towers, and the chassis. the top deck was fragile and everyone knew it. at the same time everyone wanted to try it as well.

this YR4 special is pretty much with stock parts except for Tech Racing shock mounting hardware which looks brilliant.

I don’t have any plan for a racing track in a near future. but this white bulkhead caps brought a magical moment like the one I had yesterday. yeah it’s and addictive hobby. maybe all the hobbies are

• Liked by

Be the first to post a comment.

Loading more replies
  • en SUPREME x NIKE 2019 summer season new collaboration

• 슈프림 나이키 2019 여름 나일론 재킷 후드 니트 스웨트팬츠 패니팩 전 제품군 발매 정보

슈프림 나이키 2019 여름 나일론 재킷 후드 니트 스웨트팬츠 패니팩 전 제품군 발매 정보

The Supreme x Nike 2019 summer collection will be available at the skate label’s in-store locations in New York, Brooklyn, Los Angeles, London, Paris and also its online store from May 23. Japan will see a later release as usual on May 25.

Load More...
  • en Tamiya Tamtech Buggy Champ

• I’m running this small version of Buggy Champ – Rough Rider for years. yes, it’s small and cannot run on the bumpy tracks.

and I watched it’s not bad on the the rally circuit where I’m running my old RC10 and 834B runners.

I started from finding a better motor for this 1/16 Buggy Champ. sport-tuned motor from tamiya was the most easy to find. but it turned out not much better than the stock motor.

they released a better sport-tuned SPT recently. and, I was told it was good. I’m thinking getting one at some point. 

this tamtech champ came with the plastic spring dampers. buggy champ runs like tamiya grasshopper with the stock shocks. actually it runs better than grasshopper.

google found me Losi Mini-T shocks weeks or months ago. an I’m running with the shocks. losi shocks turned this tiny champ into a racer.

Losi shocks are slightly shorter than stock ones. and this length is better on the tracks and my living room.

Losi front shocks have almost twice bigger stroke with a dead center. and, this simple trick with shrink tube is working great. 

then I came back to the motor.
    a friened who is an expert on the small motors told me to find “Speed 300 6V” motor from Graupner or GWS. 

Speed 300 on ebay.de

ElectricFly  T-370

but the shipping charge for one single motor was overkill. I found this for less than $10 include the postage from somewhere.

this E-sky 370 motor is cheap and can be found everywhere. it has this 1/10 style endbell as you can see. the size is identical to the stock 370 motor.

the torque and speed are great for the scale. and it turned out this motor needs too much juice for the size. I might need more or better batteries.

I ran with this setup for a while, then I went to Tamtech SPT motor and new shell. SPT is much better than older sport tuned motor in every way. I have brushless in my mind too. but the price is an issue for me.
    Load More...
  • en a replacement for #47 bulb – #239

• I’ve been using this 239 bulb after the factory GE #47 bulb went dead. 239 is same 6.3V and the bayonet base is identical to #47. mine came from Westinghouse as I remember. and found more from Tung-sol, Sylvania, Chicago Miniature, and more

239 rated 2.268 watt while 47 is 0.945 watt according to this web page. I’m wondering if I can go with this bulb. but didn’t have an issue yet

https://www.bulbtown.com/6_2_VOLT_LIGHT_BULBS_s/380.htm

and there are sellers have #1847 which is the long-life version of #47 on ebay. even their pricing are fair. it’s a thread about #47 and #1847

https://www.antiqueradios.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=145938

Load More...
  • en Gibson ABR-1 50’s non-wire and historic bridge pics

• I’d say 50’s ABR-1 bridge is better in every aspect.

Load More...
  • en Jaguar XJ220 l My dream car

• Racecar-driver Justin Law dives into detail the very rare XJ220 supercar project and it’s storied history, passing hands from Tom Walkinshaw Racing (TWR) and…

Load More...
  • en Past Generations of the BMW 7 Series

• ב.מ.וו סדרה 7 – דורות קודמים

Load More...
  • en SU.SG Hosting logo design

• Load More...
  • en Fender tweed vibrolux 1958

• a friend recently got this amp. everything is original and still sounds good. it has voice coil rub but not that serious. even the filter caps are still alive

Load More...
  • en 50’s Switchcraft 1/4 black phone plugs

• this switchcraft black plastic plug looks always nice to me. especially with vintage Jensen speakers and tweed amps.

I recently noticed the material and the shape has changed through the years. I’m not sure with the exact timeline but, the first and second left ones look a bit older with the different shape of the end tips.

the first one on the left looks like the oldest brother. it’s the one for my 5D3 with P12Q now.

the next one came with 1953 tweed deluxe 5C3. the rest of them look like came from 60’s or 70’s production. I’m just guessing. I’m wondering when they started to put the nylon spacer not bakelite.

#switchcraft

Load More...
  • en late 50’s Sprague bumble bee and black beauty caps

• all they are .022uf 400v Sprague caps from the same era. there were PIO and Mylar Black Beauty and Bumble Bee caps with the same model number 104263B

Load More...