en VHT standard 12 – a fat tweed deluxe 5e3 clone

Updated 41 mins ago | 670 Views all
7 on January 17, 2020

it’s getting better with some NOS caps and tubes. 50’s Jensen does something of course. VHT standard 12 is a bit bigger than the original tweed deluxe. and I like this cabinet as well. I might try P15N at some point

• Liked by

Be the first to post a comment.

0 on January 17, 2020

came with P12Q very quickly. bigger cab seems to need more speaker power.

I think I love every single trip with P12R, P12Q, and P12N

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on January 30, 2020

back and forth between P12R and P12Q then came back to P12R again. this cabinet is still new and needs more time than anything

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on February 11, 2020

update with Jensen P12N and Astron cap sleeves 

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on February 23, 2020

this VHT standard 12 didn’t come with a insulation between the circuit board and the aluminum chassis. I made the same mistake with my 18 watt clone 15 years ago. I believe this kind of hand wiring should have the insulation for more than one reason.

I put a USPS box piece under the circuit board while replacing the wires. frankly, the soldering from the factory was a disaster. 

Removed all the tricks from VHT. I like this mods from them. but decided to try the original circuit with this big and heay cabinet. and the sounding turned out very nice and more close to my ’55 5D3 deluxe.

still love P12R and P12N both. they are different but both are like the original voicing of the tweed era.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on March 4, 2020

this pair of Chicago caps are beautiful on the circuit. and I hear they sound like Blue Ajax than Astron Blue Point (yellow mustard). hope to find more Chicago caps for my projects and even for the original tweed amps

and I love 3D bell sound with this 50’s output transformer. it was a luck to have this OT. this looks identical to my 5D3’s transformer. less sharp and more warm than the stock OT.   VHT’s stock OT is still sounds great but I’m going to stick with this one.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 49 mins ago

replaced the heater wires and came back to 12ay7 on V1

• Liked by
Cancel
0 41 mins ago

added a video on youtube

GE 6087 (indirectly heated 5y3)

Bendix 6v6gta

Amperex 12ax7 and GE five star 6072 (12ay7)

’59 P12R

mid 50’s OT

• Liked by
Cancel
Loading more replies
  • en More than Human

• The next evolutionary step for humans. Some of us will make the conscious choice to have our bodies integrated into a machine such as a spacecraft or a probe. By integrated I mean encased in a pod permanently connected up tp a “Matrix-like” system where our bodily functions are taken care of by the pod and where the sensors of the ship become our senses and we are the mind and soul of the machine.

A perfect blend of machine and flesh.

Over time our bodies would mesh with the pod and we would look very little like a human. To human eyes we would seem grotesque and removal from life support would mean death, So, our bodies remain in a windowless pod greatly shielded from radiation, heat or the effect of gravity or g-forces.

Then as this hybrid being, we could survive where no human could survive. We could live indefinitely if we slowed the body down while keeping the brain functioning. We could explore the universe this way. We would be more than human.

#evolution #futurism #science #transhumanism

Load More...
  • en Sprague 16uf 475v fits perfect to Astron vintage paper sleeve

• 5y3 rectifier tube in my 5F1 tweed champ went dead a month ago. and everything was fine after I put a new 5y3 tube.

then, the same thing happened today. I figured out this 16uf 450V Astron minimite filter cap was the problem.

Sprague 16uf 475v fits Astron Minimite 16uf 450V paper sleeve. my champ sounds firm and clear than ever with this new cap.

You need to strip off the blue shrink cover to put it in the paper sleeve as you can see

Sadly, I’ve lost 2 of these 5y3 tubes from this issue. but still good with the better sounding from this small tweed amp.

Load More...
  • en JMP 1959 Super Lead 1971 with Rola blackback speaker cab

• took some pics at a friend’s place

cabinet

chassis

the circuit board

filter caps

Load More...
  • en Inside of Sola Sound Bum Fuzz Unit – Cheap ass version

• Came across this big red bum fuzz here on reverb.com

https://reverb.com/item/17423735-sola-sound-cheap-ass-bum-fuzz-jumbo-tone-bender-direct-from-sola-sound-london

Sola Sound / Macaris sells a few different versions with different components along with the pricing. this one is a literally cheap, actually the cheapest version of them. they had/have more coming as well.

http://www.macaris.co.uk/colorsound

They have 3 different versions by the price. £399.00, £349.00, and £149.00. then I paid $29 for international shipping. mine is £149.00. it was $195 shipped to South Korea.

£399.00 and £349.00 versions come with the reliable components like Cliff jacks, Carling(could be Arrow H&H) DPDT footswitch, Omeg potentiometers (2 of log B 100K, 1 of linear A 100K), and better caps and resistors.

They put Zetex ZTX109 transistors on £399.00 version with better caps, even with the NOS carbon composite resistors, and probably with some tweaks.

£349.00 Bum Fuzz Unit comes with BC184 transistors. £149.00 version comes with the same transistors as far as I know. (update – this pedal came with BC549C known as a substitute for BC184)

But, £149.00 version has, as the name, cheap components include the plastic molded pots. the pots feel not good. but they still came from Piher at least. it has more unknown parts like 1/4″ jacks, footswitch, knobs, and ceramic caps.

I believe I can change some of the parts using the pics on Macaris.co.uk and Reverb.com. The schematics for Jumbo Tone Bender and B&M fuzz are on the web.

I’ll update with some mods and samples. here are the pictures

Load More...
  • en 2.2″ front wheels and axles for RC10

• I got myself this front axle mod idea from rc10talk.com forum when I wanted to put Yokomo 2.2″ wheels on my RC10 runners a couple of years ago. Associated #7222 axles are everything actually. there are not much left to do except for getting the axles if you want to use B4 or JC rulux wheels

longer axle on the right side is ASC7222 that makes you can use none-offset wheels like B4’s, Yoke 4WD’s, and more

Yokomo made TH-1 wheel adapters for RC10. early TH-1 came with front adapters as well. but later TH-1 didn’t

I had managed to get a set of front hubs. but needed more. and got another set from a trick with Ultima hubs.

got this after I trimmed the each side of Ultima front hub from TH-8 package above. the diameter is “slightly” larger for 3/16″ bearings. but the tiny play (gap) was fixed with Loctite. then I’v been using the hubs without a issue

RC10 axles and wheels

Load More...
  • en LUXAR ONLINE – Community title,logo design

• Load More...
  • en Retro Bj4.3 part 3

• Needed to see the B44.3 chassis to make a new chassis for this project. got the chassis along with the original Bj4 chassis. it’s the first time to see the original version. and I can see the wheelbase is identical to Bj4 worlds edition.

B44.3 chassis is 4mm longer than B44’s. but still the Bj4 and B44 bodies fit the chassis. the structure is different for the front and rear bulkheads. Bj4 was built with Nitro TC3 parts. and B44 series has it’s own bulkheads and tranny, diff cups and more

you can check the wheelbase here

https://slowbean.net/2015/06/a-quick-update-for-retro-bj4/

And, the under tray came from B44.2 Bulldog body set from Pro-line
    http://www.prolineracing.com/bodies/bulldog-clear-body-b442/

With some original Bj4 parts from Jconcepts, AE, and Losi

Load More...
  • en Fender tweed vibrolux 1958

• a friend recently got this amp. everything is original and still sounds good. it has voice coil rub but not that serious. even the filter caps are still alive

Load More...
  • en don’t want this but still interesting

• Barbie is getting a David Bowie Makeover. This Barbie x David Bowie Doll is a part of the Gold Label Collection.

Load More...
  • en Your universe is just a pattern of nerve fibers in the “black box” of your skull.

• You think that the universe resides outside of you and it is true that there is something out there all right. However, that something is nothing like your perception of things. Let’s take the materialist view. That is that everything is just “stuff”. Atoms, molecules, quarks and radishes and all kinds of other “stuff”. That stuff is a kind of vibratory energy through which other kinds of energy flow. Energy is likewise “stuff” just in a different form.

Your brain for all of its gooey gray grossness is a pretty complex thing. More complex than just about anything else in the universe. Stars and planetary systems are BIG but relatively simple. Now, within this gray matter are trillions perhaps a hundred trillion or more neurons. These are specialized cells. They are connected with neural pathways like a gigantic and complex net. When we observe we make pathways. When we think we make other pathways in exactly the same fashion except that the data comes from the brain, i.e. the pathways that are already present.

The brain forging neural networks in real time.

Now, everything you know, remember and experience has no existence for you aside from patterns in this network which began to form the instant your brain developed enough in the womb. So, all of your experiences are just patterns. If the patterns were changed, as in an accident then your reality changes. It is all just patterns connecting and relating to other patterns in this neural network. This is thought, cognition and self-awareness on a macro scale.

Yet, reality, objective reality is something else altogether. It has an extrinsic existence outside of this pattern of neural networks. Your knowledge of it is very limited. Just enough to get around, find food shelter and a mate. When you sleep something else happens. The network fires in patterns. Not random patterns. Very meaningful patterns but without the necessity of obeying the laws of time, space or physics.

Consciousness is so much more complex than even the greatest neuroscientists, medical researchers and philosophers can even begin to grasp and the waking mind is the least significant part of the picture.

#Science #Psychology #Brain #Consciousness #Universe

Load More...