en VHT standard 12 – a fat tweed deluxe 5e3 clone

Updated 6 days ago | 411 Views all
3 on January 17, 2020

it’s getting better with some NOS caps and tubes. 50’s Jensen does something of course. VHT standard 12 is a bit bigger than the original tweed deluxe. and I like this cabinet as well. I might try P15N at some point

• Liked by

Be the first to post a comment.

0 on January 17, 2020

came with P12Q very quickly. bigger cab seems to need more speaker power.

I think I love every single trip with P12R, P12Q, and P12N

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on January 30, 2020

back and forth between P12R and P12Q then came back to P12R again. this cabinet is still new and needs more time than anything

• Liked by
Cancel
0 6 days ago

update with Jensen P12N and Astron cap sleeves 

• Liked by
Cancel
Loading more replies
  • en endless Youtube music thread

• post any music you want to share

Load More...
  • en interesting amps and cabinet from John Mergili

• recently got me a 5F1 champ cabinet for 10″ speaker from this guy. the quality is great indeed. I’ll update with some pics after I finish the amp inside of the tweed cabinet. a friend is playing his tweed champ with 12″ speaker more than the stock 8″. I’m going to start with WGS 10″ ceramic speaker which came with the cabinet. 

Tube Amplifiers, Electronic Design and Repair, Restoration, Harmonica Amps, Guitar Amps, Reverb and Tremolo

Load More...
  • en Elliot Mechanics – Mechanicland Strat Neck pictures

• got this brazilian strat neck a couple of years ago. it has refinished before. unfortunately, it’s urethan finish on it.  it still ages well though.

trussrod nut and the decal have replaced at 90’s by the owner before me. and I don’t think this Mechanicland neck came with the decal. the decal on the head is definitely a aftermarket product. and it looks funny a bit

everything else is great with this beautiful with brazilian fretboard. and, sounds stunning along with this light ash (not swamp ash) body

#mechanicland #strat #brazilian

Load More...
  • en Yokomo Hotdog4 build from YR4 kit

• I started this build on my personal blogspot blog. then I moved whole the articles on slowbean. I might want to arrange them into one single thread later.

it’s my yokomo Hotdog4 built from YR4 kit with some Works bits, along with Yokomo Esprit stock motor. I’m working on the new shock towers. 

MX4 rear CVD bones fits perfect for ’91 through ’93 Works. Hotdog4 has the same arms. and you guys can see the result. the length is same with post ’94 yz10 rear cvd bones.

Load More...
  • en Fender – Jensen speaker phase were reversed in 50’s tweed amps

• I just tried 9V battery trick for 50’s Fender Champ 5F1 and Deluxe 5D3. and the speaker wiring turned out being reversed. both of them still have the factory wiring.

And, both of them move backward (to the magnets) when they wired 9V + to the white wire, and – pole to the black wire.

They mostly say there is no absolute speaker phase unless they are in the same cabinet. at the same time, many people say the speaker cones move forward when they hooked up in the right direction with 9V battery.

Fortunately, 9V battery didn’t kill my 8″ Champ speaker, nor 12″ Deluxe speaker. but I’ve read some cases this trick killed their speakers.

I’m not sure with 50’s and 60’s Jensen speaker’s correct phase. but, I started to believe Fender hooked them up this way. I’ve seen only 2 cases. and will update if I come across any Jensen speaker with different phase.

Load More...
  • en Which methods are the best examples of data mining?

• Data mining is not just the art of extracting new information; In fact, it is about identifying new patterns from data that you’ve already collected. Here are 10 best examples of data mining methods and techniques:

1. Cluster analysis to identify target groups
    2. Regression analysis to bring on marketing forecasts
    3. Classification analysis to spot on spams and more
    4. Anomaly detection to identify abnormalities
    5. Intrusion detection for system security
    6. Rule learning to recognize links between data
    7. Decision trees analysis to improve on project risk management
    8. Neural network application for automated learning
    9. Induction rule to prefigure data-based analysis
    10. Data warehousing

via @BMM Read the full article here: https://www.bmmagazine.co.uk/business/which-methods-are-the-best-examples-of-data-mining/

#data #DataScience #MachineLearning #AI #BigData #deeplearning #IoT #ComputerScience

Load More...
  • en Korea in 1956 by an American photographer

• Load More...
  • en Tecumseh

• Tecumseh, one of the greatest men ever to be born on the American continent. A Native American, war chief and statesman he was essentially a Native American George Washington. He saw his family killed by the white settlers and the soldiers of the new United States of America yet he refused to kill women and children.

Among the tribes, there was no concept of Indians as a group i.e. you were a Shawnee or Mohawk, not an Indian. Indeed, even the whites were seen as “tribes” the British tribe, French tribe, Spanish tribe or, worst of all from their perspective, the American tribe. Tecumseh was a visionary and envisioned a Native American confederacy from the Great Lakes to the Gulf.

He sided with the British in the War of 1812 only to be abandoned after the end of the war. Abandoned to the Americans who destroyed him and his people.

Please note: No nation is all good or all evil. One must acknowledge the failings as well as the successes of a nation to truly understand it.

#History #CoreBeliefs #Philosophy #NativeAmericans #Courage

(Picture: Portrait of Tecumseh – Nineteenth-century portrait by Benson John Lossing, after a pencil sketch by Pierre Le Dru)

Load More...
  • en Jconcepts BJ4 went to retro – update

• This update has done a couple of years ago. and, I noticed I haven’t updated the pictures. here they are

And, the leftover stock parts from BJ4 and B44

#BJ4 #Jconcepts #B44 

Load More...
  • en How to spot Siemens, Tyco V23084-C2001-A303 relay and the counterfeit

• I have emailed to dozens of electric part suppliers and messaged to ebay sellers for

V23084-C2001-A303 to fix my E46 GM5 module.

and I noticed most of them are counterfeit. this seller looked legit with the picture of NOS Siemens relay. but it didn’t go well.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-New-Tyco-Relay-V23084-C2001-A303-GM5-BMW-E46-X3-E39-E38-Grundmodul-Siemens/122754020496

and it’s the the relays I got from this seller

The original Siemens, Tyco, TE connectivity relays have molded bottom with thick and strong lead pins. and, you can buy this counterfeit relay on alibaba.com or aliexpress.com for less $1 each

I’m talking to these two sellers for the original part. and one of them are running this web site

http://www.bmwgm5.com

I do trust this guy and made a purchase from his ebay store

https://www.ebay.com/usr/bmwgm5?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2754

also this seller has the original relay. but it’s V23084-C2002-A403

the only difference between A303 and A403 is the contact material. and C2002 is sensitive type works with less current as far as I know. I’ll try them both and will update

another seller sent me this picture. and it’s exactly the relay I’m after. you can see the pattern on the bottom but even many of the counterfeit have the patterns as well. but please see the pins carefully all the soldering pins are thick and look strong enough.

I’m ordering a pair from this seller who sent me the picture

https://www.ebay.com/itm/183304411194

it took a couple of months to figure out which is the original and finally found these 2 sellers which I trust on ebay.

I’ll update when they arrive

and please someone advice me if V23084-C2001-A303 can be replaced with

V23084-C2002-A403, or V23084-C2001-A403

undefined

Load More...