en Riders In the Sky (American Outlaws: Live at Nassau Coliseum, 1990)

Updated on November 25, 2019 | 263 Views all
0 on November 25, 2019
The Highwaymen performing “Ragged Old Flag” from American Outlaws: Live at Nassau Coliseum, 1990 Listen to The Highwaymen: https://Highwaymen.lnk.to/listenYD…

• Liked by

Be the first to post a comment.

Loading more replies
  • en How it all ends. Maybe.

• “Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate to say that for destruction ice Is also great and would suffice.” Robert Frost (1874-1963)

The end of the world may come slowly, but it’s inevitable. Our sun, exhausting the hydrogen-fuel of the core, will successively burn the outer layers and doing so becoming hotter and expanding in size. In estimated 7,59 billion years a red giant will engulf the earth – or whatever still be left over of the once blue planet.

Already in 1,6 billion years the hotter sun will evaporate the oceans, and plate tectonics, whiteout enough water acting as lubricant in subduction zones, will stop. Without plate tectonics erosion will become a dominant factor. The increased radiation of sun will modify the chemical composition of earth’s atmosphere. The light hydrogen will also “evaporate” into space and the heavy oxygen will accumulate on the surface of earth. In this denser atmosphere rare, but strong, rainstorms will cause large mudflows in the last mountain ranges. Mountains will be eroded and basins filled with sediments and earth’s surface will become a plain desert. The iron in the sediments will react with the oxygen and earth’s colors will change into a permanent red, like planet Mars today. In the dense atmosphere temperatures will still rise, dissolving gypsum and other sulphur-bearing rocks. The free sulphur will react with the traces of vapor left in the atmosphere and it will rain sulphuric acid from earth’s sky.

In 7,5 billion years the expanding sun will gravitationally lock earth and one side will now face always towards sun. In the sunny side the temperature of earth’s surface will rise to 2.200°C, on the dark side of earth the temperature, without an isolating atmosphere, could plunge to -240°. Basalt, one of the most common rocks on earth, melts at 1.100-1.200°C, on the sunshine side it will be so hot that a molten magma-ocean forms… and it will start to evaporate. Between the hot side and cool side of earth the evaporated elements, like iron and silica, will form rain and like today snowflakes form a landscape composed of snow, iron- sodium-, magnesium- and potassium-flakes will form an eerie landscape composed of these elements. Rock-glaciers will descend from the mountains to the shores and icebergs of rock will float into the magma-ocean.

Excerpt – Read the complete article here: https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/history-of-geology/how-it-all-ends-8230/

Load More...
  • en 5D3 tweed deluxe with the factory original P12R

• my jenen P12R came back from the re-cone job at my local speaker repair shop. this new cone I got off ebay doesn’t look like the original as I expected. but it still sounds very close to my silver P12R speaker came from the friend who gave me this P12R. 

50’s Jensen P12R restoration has begun

this tweed deluxe 5D3 came from December 1954. and the speaker came from a ’54 5C3. the date code one the speaker is 1953. they are like a family. 

it’s not easy to pick only one speaker for my tweed deluxe so far. P12n is a great sounding speaker with it’s chime and volume. but I want a jensen which is crispy at the lower volume. maybe the bell cover doesn’t affect the sound. but me and the friends tested two different jensen p12r came from the same era. and the result was different at low volume in 5C3. and most of all, p12r looks way better with the bell. 

it sounds really good with it’s look. even I like that red safety sticker on the bell. 

#fender #tweed #5d3 #p12r #12n

Load More...
  • en NIKE x OFF-WHITE The Ten series Air force 1 Low white

•  

one of my dream shoes, it’s almost like 800$..

Load More...
  • en Tamiya Tamtech Buggy Champ

• I’m running this small version of Buggy Champ – Rough Rider for years. yes, it’s small and cannot run on the bumpy tracks.

and I watched it’s not bad on the the rally circuit where I’m running my old RC10 and 834B runners.

I started from finding a better motor for this 1/16 Buggy Champ. sport-tuned motor from tamiya was the most easy to find. but it turned out not much better than the stock motor.

they released a better sport-tuned SPT recently. and, I was told it was good. I’m thinking getting one at some point. 

this tamtech champ came with the plastic spring dampers. buggy champ runs like tamiya grasshopper with the stock shocks. actually it runs better than grasshopper.

google found me Losi Mini-T shocks weeks or months ago. an I’m running with the shocks. losi shocks turned this tiny champ into a racer.

Losi shocks are slightly shorter than stock ones. and this length is better on the tracks and my living room.

Losi front shocks have almost twice bigger stroke with a dead center. and, this simple trick with shrink tube is working great. 

then I came back to the motor.
    a friened who is an expert on the small motors told me to find “Speed 300 6V” motor from Graupner or GWS. 

Speed 300 on ebay.de

ElectricFly  T-370

but the shipping charge for one single motor was overkill. I found this for less than $10 include the postage from somewhere.

this E-sky 370 motor is cheap and can be found everywhere. it has this 1/10 style endbell as you can see. the size is identical to the stock 370 motor.

the torque and speed are great for the scale. and it turned out this motor needs too much juice for the size. I might need more or better batteries.

I ran with this setup for a while, then I went to Tamtech SPT motor and new shell. SPT is much better than older sport tuned motor in every way. I have brushless in my mind too. but the price is an issue for me.
    Load More...
  • en LUXAR ONLINE – Community title,logo design

• Load More...
  • en Korea in 1956 by an American photographer

• Load More...
  • en gibson les paul junior DC ’83

• i’ve got this les paul tv yellow a couple of weeks ago.

it has very nice tone saturation and the ranges of volume control.

very simple control with playability, of course the design is simple too.

i checked the serial number as I learned through the wikipedia. it has made at ’83 when gibson company shifted kalamazoo to nashville before they established historic / customshop line.

replaced the stock ceramic cap with sprague black beauty capacitor right after I got this beauty. and this les paul sounds way better than before with the sustain.

lucky strike it is.

Load More...
  • en Sprague 16uf 475v fits perfect to Astron vintage paper sleeve

• 5y3 rectifier tube in my 5F1 tweed champ went dead a month ago. and everything was fine after I put a new 5y3 tube.

then, the same thing happened today. I figured out this 16uf 450V Astron minimite filter cap was the problem.

Sprague 16uf 475v fits Astron Minimite 16uf 450V paper sleeve. my champ sounds firm and clear than ever with this new cap.

You need to strip off the blue shrink cover to put it in the paper sleeve as you can see

Sadly, I’ve lost 2 of these 5y3 tubes from this issue. but still good with the better sounding from this small tweed amp.

Load More...
  • en endless Youtube music thread

• post any music you want to share

Load More...
  • en R?Is What? album cover design for yoffy

•  

i designed those two works for yoffy who work really hard on music

here is his soundcloud profile link

https://soundcloud.com/user-184228744

Load More...