purchased Adzam branded Heerlen 12ax7 and Brussels 6v6gt from from this ebay seller. they were NOS and the pricing was very good indeed.
he sent me this tube puller. this silicon tool designed to grab the preamp tubes and the the tubes like EL84. you still need to hold the tube using this puller. and it feels easy may protect the letters on the tube
post any music you want to share
“He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself; and if you gaze too long into the abyss, the abyss will gaze into you.”
~ Friedrich Nietzsche
The German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche died in 1897 of brain cancer in the home of his mother. He had a nervous collapse in 1887 at the age of 44 and spend his last ten years totally and completely insane. He saw too far.
The American writer Ernest Hemingway killed himself in July of 1962. He had been suffering from severe depression and was undergoing electroshock therapy. He wrote that he was depressed because he saw the “black emptiness of human existence”. He saw too far.
You see my friends there is a dark place in our psyche. An abyss. The most intelligent and far-sighted of us can see into it. It is a frightening place. Not peopled with monsters or ghosts but with emptiness. An emptiness so complete that it appears that there is no end to it and no escape.
Yet, this is an illusion. The dark place is something we create for ourselves. We stare into it and it takes our hope. It clouds our perception and crushes our spirit. Yet, it does not have the power to destroy us. We must do this on our own. If one leaps into the dark place and embraces it then we fall through to the other side. On the other side is perfect freedom. Death is not the answer. Life is the answer. We can live in freedom from fear by embracing our fear. The darkness cannot touch us ever again.
“It’s done by hurling yourself into the abyss, and discovering that it’s a feather bed. There’s no other way to do it.”
~ Terence McKenna
(Picture by Seb Janiak)
I dropped by a friend’s place to pick up my big red bum fuzz and hang around. then I dug this EH germanium OD out of a big plastic box.
I’m not sure what this NTK275 exactly is. but the same one shows up on ebay. and I guess it came from 60’s or 70’s
It’s the pile I dug out my bum fuzz and this germanium OD. I know few more guys with the same symptom. falling in love with fuzz pedals. don’t worry. some of them have wives or girlfriends. not all of them of course.
These five principles form the foundation of just about every major religion and philosophical system which emerged in that incredible span of years from the 8th to the 3rd century BCE called the Axial Age when Taoism, Buddhism, Zoroastrianism, Confucianism, Classic Greek Philosophy, and Christianity all flowered in the same time period. Why? Simple, it is because they are universal and when put into active practice in our daily lives they work.
The practice of these principles will garb you in a suit of spiritual armor. Even in the midst of chaos and in the face of evil your heart will be unsullied, calm and serene.
The five principles: Wisdom of the Axial Age
1. Be compassionate. Compassionate in both thought and deed. Learn to recognize that the actions of others are often caused by spiritual pain. Avoid contempt. Avoid those mental judgments we always make of others. Compassion leads to harmony and harmony and balance is the key to inner peace.
2. Be kind. Very simple. In every interaction, you have you have an opportunity to add to the sum total of good. No act of kindness or charity is too small. It does not matter if you receive gratitude. At times your acts of kindness will even cause resentment in others. That is their way. Let yours be kindness.
3. Be Forgiving: Forgive others and mostly yourself. Forgiveness is not easy. It requires effort to let past harms and slights go. You may be perfectly justified in your anger, sorrow or resentment but it does not matter. Resentments do not harm the object of your resentment. They harm only you. Much of our spiritual disharmony is caused by our own self-contempt. We magnify our failings. We mull over our mistakes and shortcomings again and again. We compare ourselves to an impossible ideal and then hate ourselves when we fail to measure up. Forgive yourself. Let it go. There is so much that is good in you and tomorrow brings a new opportunity to achieve your dreams.
4. Be Loving. When you have been compassionate, kind and forgiving you will sense a flood of a unique form of love. Love of all. It will well up within you and influence your every action. It will baffle and confuse others. People who would confront you, engage you in argument or dispute and who would transmit their own anger to you will be astounded when they see that you are unruffled. They will not know what to do. Your calm and peace will affect them.
5. Be Accepting: You are not in control of the universe. Stop taking everything so personally. It is not all about you. Be humble before the majesty of the universe knowing that it is you and you are it. Things are often not going to go your way. You may be treated unfairly by others, or be the target of hatred or cruelty. You are not going to get everything you want. Accept this. Move on.
(Picture: Artist unknown)
MR-4BX series has been produced for only a couple of years. the first version came at ’06 and replaced with B-Max4 which was different from previous yoke buggies at ’08.
MR-4BX series is like the last blood of traditional Yokomo to me. and I see the same blood on Jconcepts BJ4.
I have managed to get a nicely used Worlds edition last month. and took some pics with my factory edition. they both came at ’07.
the differences between them are main chassis, F/R shock towers, top deck(s), steering, rear bulkhead, and a few misc parts
MR-4BX Worlds came with a new camber mount which allows only the longest upper rod setup. also the steering is different than previous 2 versions
this new camber mount can be installed on older versions as well
the steerings are quite different. I hope I can feel the difference while I’m running this Worlds edition. but, didn’t have a chance so far.
this steering was introduced with MX-4. prototype MX-4 still had older servo saver. and the first time I saw this was in MX-4 kit.
but the difference is the angle. this steering system on MR-4BX is tilted for better handling.
MR-4BX Worlds came with this 1 piece chassis with 2 extra holes for new steering system. please ignore the stainless screws on the Factory chassis. I’d go back to the black steel screws.
the top deck, now it covers the rear belt. and new camber mount is here
Factory edition had 2 piece top deck like the original version. but the rear piece was improved that older one has clearance problem with the belt
there were a few guys tried this before Worlds edition came. the shocks were moved to the back end of the car.
also they put a camber mount like the front end
the original and Factory edition had same suspension geometry. the shocks can be moved to the back end with this stock mount plus a few tricks
the new aluminum part which holds the the shock tower is changed along with new bulkhead and camber mount