This update has done a couple of years ago. and, I noticed I haven’t updated the pictures. here they are
And, the leftover stock parts from BJ4 and B44
header("Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *"); header("Access-Control-Allow-Headers: *");?>
I wonder, did anybody already try to mount a high-def camera on these cars and connect it with a VR headset. And then you could drive like in a 1st person perspective from a video game. But I suppose the weight of the camera + extra battery will make the model slower?
These five principles form the foundation of just about every major religion and philosophical system which emerged in that incredible span of years from the 8th to the 3rd century BCE called the Axial Age when Taoism, Buddhism, Zoroastrianism, Confucianism, Classic Greek Philosophy, and Christianity all flowered in the same time period. Why? Simple, it is because they are universal and when put into active practice in our daily lives they work.
The practice of these principles will garb you in a suit of spiritual armor. Even in the midst of chaos and in the face of evil your heart will be unsullied, calm and serene.
The five principles: Wisdom of the Axial Age
1. Be compassionate. Compassionate in both thought and deed. Learn to recognize that the actions of others are often caused by spiritual pain. Avoid contempt. Avoid those mental judgments we always make of others. Compassion leads to harmony and harmony and balance is the key to inner peace.
2. Be kind. Very simple. In every interaction, you have you have an opportunity to add to the sum total of good. No act of kindness or charity is too small. It does not matter if you receive gratitude. At times your acts of kindness will even cause resentment in others. That is their way. Let yours be kindness.
3. Be Forgiving: Forgive others and mostly yourself. Forgiveness is not easy. It requires effort to let past harms and slights go. You may be perfectly justified in your anger, sorrow or resentment but it does not matter. Resentments do not harm the object of your resentment. They harm only you. Much of our spiritual disharmony is caused by our own self-contempt. We magnify our failings. We mull over our mistakes and shortcomings again and again. We compare ourselves to an impossible ideal and then hate ourselves when we fail to measure up. Forgive yourself. Let it go. There is so much that is good in you and tomorrow brings a new opportunity to achieve your dreams.
4. Be Loving. When you have been compassionate, kind and forgiving you will sense a flood of a unique form of love. Love of all. It will well up within you and influence your every action. It will baffle and confuse others. People who would confront you, engage you in argument or dispute and who would transmit their own anger to you will be astounded when they see that you are unruffled. They will not know what to do. Your calm and peace will affect them.
5. Be Accepting: You are not in control of the universe. Stop taking everything so personally. It is not all about you. Be humble before the majesty of the universe knowing that it is you and you are it. Things are often not going to go your way. You may be treated unfairly by others, or be the target of hatred or cruelty. You are not going to get everything you want. Accept this. Move on.
(Picture: Artist unknown)
오랫만에 참았던 이베이 나들이를 하다가 눈에 들어왔습니다. 판매자는 12ax7이라고 합니다만 이런 관은 처음 봅니다.
found this nicely built 5F1 with 10″ WGS speaker in Mergili cabinet on Ebay while I was in search of the parts for my first 5F1 build. grabbed it off for very good price and I’m changing the components and wires one by one like the filter caps, bypass caps, speaker wires along with the plug.
I think the speaker wires and Amperex 12ax7 changed way more than the capacitors. I’m waiting for yellow and red Jupiter 0.022 caps as well. an A/B comparison video on youtube was very interesting. and red one looks very close to the original Astron firecracker.
there are few tweed amp inspired cabinets around. and it’s the first cab I like except for the original ones. this cabinet sings with WGS ceramic speaker. I’ve been biased toward vintage Jensen alnico speakers so far. and this speaker changed it a bit
the orange filter caps are Roederstein 33uf 450v which replaced the stock caps from the kit. I didn’t know the limit of 5y3 and was brave enough to put two of them on it. then realized the rectifier was too hot and went to 33+10+10.
the first 33uf right next to the rectifier seems fine so far. I’ve tried on the original 5D3 and 5F1 without an issue before. this very capacitor is one of the caps I trust most
this 5F1 is dead quiet and the filament wiring is a bit different to the original champ. I’m trying to figuring out it. nothing is easy with the electric stuff even 5F1 is this simple.
I’ve got some NOS Sprague black beauty caps 15 years ago and tried it on this amp. I expected something vintage with them. but I’ve learned they are not useful as the coupling caps. they were good as the guitar tone caps. but they dramatically reduced the output volume regardless of the values. realized why my 18watt replica’s output volume was that low 15 years ago today. I’m still wondering why anyway.
[update] the sprague caps I put on this amp had twice high capacitance than the marking. I couldn’t find any 0.02 and tried 0.03 but they actually were over 0.05. higher capacitance changes the frequency and reduces the output volume as I learned from them. and NOS caps need time to break in. they sound getting louder for the last few days
One of the most interesting things about DNA is that we have discovered, in humans, the 3% of the code which builds our physical bodies also has encoded within the bodies of all of our ancestors. We can switch on these old systems (in animals of course since this would be highly unethical to do to human beings) and give a chicken teeth or scales. We are not just us. We are all the physical forms in our lineage.
Now, that accounts for 3% of our storage. What of the other 97%? It is memories. Now the skeptic will go “yeah right Mr. Science”. Hear me out here though. Why is it so hard to accept memories encoded into the helix? In fact all “instinct” is encoded memory. What beach to lay your eggs by the light of the full moon if you are a tortoise. Where to migrate if you are a starling or a monarch butterfly. Sharks even have maps of the magnetic markers on the seafloor. None of this is learned. It is there at birth.
There is a very good evolutionary reason for this. Rapid adaptation. We have a repository of past experiences so we do not have to reinvent the wheel every time our environment changes. Human beings have noted this for at least as long as we have records and this has given rise to theories of reincarnation which appeared in nearly every civilization on Earth. Science has resisted this because it sounds too “supernatural” in the same way they resisted the “Big Bang” because it sounded too much like creation. Yet, it is anything but supernatural. It is entirely natural and the only explanation which makes any sense.
(Picture courtesy of Ya-Webdesign)
BF champ AA764
the voicing of stock 8″ speaker is quite different to 50’s Oxford 8EV. I guess this stock speaker came from Oxford as well but I could be wrong.
I replaced the stock 25uf 25v power tube cathode bypass cap to 47uf.
it came with stock Amperex buggle boy which is still alive and kicking and GE 6v6gt. only the rectifier tube has replaced at some point.
stock speaker is on the right side.
Detailed look at the Sacai X Nike Blazer
new shoes with shoes added to them
it looks a little messy, but it stands out even more through those perfect color combinations
“He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself; and if you gaze too long into the abyss, the abyss will gaze into you.”
~ Friedrich Nietzsche
The German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche died in 1897 of brain cancer in the home of his mother. He had a nervous collapse in 1887 at the age of 44 and spend his last ten years totally and completely insane. He saw too far.
The American writer Ernest Hemingway killed himself in July of 1962. He had been suffering from severe depression and was undergoing electroshock therapy. He wrote that he was depressed because he saw the “black emptiness of human existence”. He saw too far.
You see my friends there is a dark place in our psyche. An abyss. The most intelligent and far-sighted of us can see into it. It is a frightening place. Not peopled with monsters or ghosts but with emptiness. An emptiness so complete that it appears that there is no end to it and no escape.
Yet, this is an illusion. The dark place is something we create for ourselves. We stare into it and it takes our hope. It clouds our perception and crushes our spirit. Yet, it does not have the power to destroy us. We must do this on our own. If one leaps into the dark place and embraces it then we fall through to the other side. On the other side is perfect freedom. Death is not the answer. Life is the answer. We can live in freedom from fear by embracing our fear. The darkness cannot touch us ever again.
“It’s done by hurling yourself into the abyss, and discovering that it’s a feather bed. There’s no other way to do it.”
~ Terence McKenna
(Picture by Seb Janiak)
didn’t expect any noticeable difference between them. but there are actually. Sennheiser 1/8″ to 1/4″ phone plug adapter sounds way better
Grasshopper’s Dream is an insect-shaped cafe that sits along the popular Auraji rail bike route near Jeongseon, South Korea. The converted and stacked green train cars are placed near by the Gujeol-ri train station, and are each outfitted with protruding metal legs and thin antennae.
More informations here: http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/
Photo by Megan from Life Outside of Texas