Beautiful designs! I have a public page on Fb, and someday I will ask you to create a new logo for my page. Keep up the good work.
Researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and Harvard Medical School have teamed to develop a novel tattoo ink that can show your body’s health changes.
The novel ink consists of biosensors that react to changes in the tissue fluid and make the skin an “interactive display”. So far, researchers have investigated four biosensors that respond to three types of body information, changing their colors.
As the pH-value increases, the color changes from violet to pink, an increasing sodium content is seen as a bright green under UV light, and blue becomes brown when the glucose level increases.
This animation from a video of the researchers shows how such a tattoo might look like:
Especially for diabetics, a tattoo with ink that reacts to an altered glucose level could be useful. They have to prick their finger with a small needle if they want to measure their blood sugar level – usually several times a day. This procedure can be painful in the long run and can lead to small scars.
You can read more about this innovative technology here: https://www.media.mit.edu/projects/d-Abyss/overview/
377V with Bendix 6106 5y3wgt which has purchased as NOS and less than 1 year old
366V with Hytron 5y3wgt which is many many years old
369V with GE 5y3gt less than 1 year old
393V with GE 5v4g which I purchased as NOS and less than 1 year old
396V with RCA 5v4g as NOS and less than 1 year old
370V with another Bendix I have purchased as slightly used condition a couple of months ago
btw, I recently scored this Bendix for $25 off ebay. but it just killed my 5F1’s fuse and the B+ is only 266V with 5D3. not every single Bendix lasts like forever
and, figured out why I had 60hz hum with this 5v4g. this one shows only 307v. I’m going to update the 5v4g thread
I’ve tried a few long plate 12ax7 tubes like black plate RCA, one of the common Telefunken, gray plate Sylvania with copper grid posts, and this one. Telefunken sounds great with 5D3 but ain’t good with my original and recent 5F1 amps.
this Tung Sol sounds like Telefunken with a modern 5F1 has Heyboer HTS-12005 PT. this PT’s B+ is over 400V with usual 5y3gt tubes. and this 12ax7 sounds great with the original 5F1 to me. grabbed off Reverb.com for $24
These five principles form the foundation of just about every major religion and philosophical system which emerged in that incredible span of years from the 8th to the 3rd century BCE called the Axial Age when Taoism, Buddhism, Zoroastrianism, Confucianism, Classic Greek Philosophy, and Christianity all flowered in the same time period. Why? Simple, it is because they are universal and when put into active practice in our daily lives they work.
The practice of these principles will garb you in a suit of spiritual armor. Even in the midst of chaos and in the face of evil your heart will be unsullied, calm and serene.
The five principles: Wisdom of the Axial Age
1. Be compassionate. Compassionate in both thought and deed. Learn to recognize that the actions of others are often caused by spiritual pain. Avoid contempt. Avoid those mental judgments we always make of others. Compassion leads to harmony and harmony and balance is the key to inner peace.
2. Be kind. Very simple. In every interaction, you have you have an opportunity to add to the sum total of good. No act of kindness or charity is too small. It does not matter if you receive gratitude. At times your acts of kindness will even cause resentment in others. That is their way. Let yours be kindness.
3. Be Forgiving: Forgive others and mostly yourself. Forgiveness is not easy. It requires effort to let past harms and slights go. You may be perfectly justified in your anger, sorrow or resentment but it does not matter. Resentments do not harm the object of your resentment. They harm only you. Much of our spiritual disharmony is caused by our own self-contempt. We magnify our failings. We mull over our mistakes and shortcomings again and again. We compare ourselves to an impossible ideal and then hate ourselves when we fail to measure up. Forgive yourself. Let it go. There is so much that is good in you and tomorrow brings a new opportunity to achieve your dreams.
4. Be Loving. When you have been compassionate, kind and forgiving you will sense a flood of a unique form of love. Love of all. It will well up within you and influence your every action. It will baffle and confuse others. People who would confront you, engage you in argument or dispute and who would transmit their own anger to you will be astounded when they see that you are unruffled. They will not know what to do. Your calm and peace will affect them.
5. Be Accepting: You are not in control of the universe. Stop taking everything so personally. It is not all about you. Be humble before the majesty of the universe knowing that it is you and you are it. Things are often not going to go your way. You may be treated unfairly by others, or be the target of hatred or cruelty. You are not going to get everything you want. Accept this. Move on.
#Teachings #Philosophy #Compassion #Religion #History
(Picture: Artist unknown)
it took a while to get the original Astron mimimite capacitors for re-stuff. came to 33uf + 22uf + 22uf and it turned out great with zero hum and Fender tweed deluxe voicing. it’s funny I met this amp a while back. a friend of mine had it. then another friend owns it now
tried P12N and came back to the original smooth cone P12R after fixed the voice coil rub.
it was like this when it came to me. the voltage dropping resistor fell off once I touched the soldering joint with my iron for 0.1 sec. a bit scary I could say.
Be the first to post a comment.