en Gibson ABR-1 50’s non-wire and historic bridge pics

Updated on May 19, 2020 | 287 Views all
0 on May 19, 2020

I’d say 50’s ABR-1 bridge is better in every aspect.

• Liked by

Be the first to post a comment.

Loading more replies
  • en I Designed a Presentation

• Load More...
  • en SUPREME x NIKE 2019 summer season new collaboration

• 슈프림 나이키 2019 여름 나일론 재킷 후드 니트 스웨트팬츠 패니팩 전 제품군 발매 정보

슈프림 나이키 2019 여름 나일론 재킷 후드 니트 스웨트팬츠 패니팩 전 제품군 발매 정보

The Supreme x Nike 2019 summer collection will be available at the skate label’s in-store locations in New York, Brooklyn, Los Angeles, London, Paris and also its online store from May 23. Japan will see a later release as usual on May 25.

Load More...
  • en Mungo Jerry – In The Summertime ORIGINAL 1970

• This video clip was made in 1970, and is the original Mungo Jerry line up that recorded In The Summertime, this is not to be confused with the version that h…

Load More...
  • en Belden E3462-C cord makes my tweed amps dead quiet

• needed a longer AC cord for my 5D3 and tried E3462-C cord. this cord noticeably reduces noise even while it has more amps and computers share the same AC and audio source.

then I replaced all the AC cord with this for my tweed amps. the most dramatic change comes to ’59 5F1 which was quiet alone but it cannot be hooked up with AB box. even 60hz hum was loud when it shared the same AC power source without AB box. ground lift didn’t work either. it just shifted the noise frequency

this seller has the cable. but, only one of three was correct. two of them were E3462 without C. they are metal shielded and the noise was louder than 2 prong cord.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-CPU-Power-Cord-Cable-SVT-E-3462-C-LL-30830/253801406241

found another seller had the correct cable. and finally all of my tweed amps are dead quiet at any circumstance with E3462-C. even there is no difference between the original and modern 5F1 with or without the center tab.

and this typical ac cord wasn’t that bad for 5D3 but there is a huge difference with 5F1. E3462-C is still way better for 5D3 as well.

Load More...
  • en NIKE x OFF-WHITE The Ten series Air force 1 Low white

•  

one of my dream shoes, it’s almost like 800$..

Load More...
  • en I’m into 5v4g than 5y3 with 6v6 tweed amps

• [EDIT]

I’m updating this post not to make people confused. I believed B+ was lower with 5v4g than 5y3. but 5v4g is increasing B+ and makes the bias warmer than 5y3. I guess it is the reason I feel the amps are more alive with 5v4g

then I noticed the vintage amps with the original caps from 50’s and early 60’s are more vulnerable with 5v4g to 60hz hum. I’m just guessing leakage of the coupling caps and the filter caps could be the reason. I’m still enjoying 5v4g with the amps with new components. didn’t have an issue with my 5D3 which has new filter caps either. 

[EDIT again]
    one of my 5V4G tubes shows very low B+. the 60hz hum came from it I believe

there are more and better info for 5vg and 5y3 rectifiers on the gearpage.net 

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/swapping-rectifier-tubes-5ar4-vs-5r4-vs-5v4-vs-5y3.1382681/

I hook up tweed champ, deluxe, and m-track 2×2 together while jamming with youtube. 5v4g sounds still alive with this stereo and digital setup to me. but, m-track 2×2 is cheap and sharing the one single full bandwidth with usb and instrument at the same time. it sounds good while using only one of them. it sucks when the knob is at the center.

it’s the knob on m-track 2×2. don’t buy it if you want to use your guitar amps as monitor speakers while playing guitar through the direct input. maybe I’m just doing this wrong. 

Load More...
  • en inside of Wem Pepbox rush from British Pedal Company

• I see two of ACY41 germanium transistors on the board.

Grabbed this off ebay for a great price. two hundred something in USD. it sounds great and quite different than my Bum fuzz and old Sola Sound fuzz pedal a friend has.

but, it has an issue. it rattles on high level. I’m sending back this back to British Pedal Company. 

Load More...
  • en 40’s Ken-Rad 6v6GT/G is louder than RCA, GE, Sylvania 6v6GT

• while my 5F1 project is not loud enough with Jensen 10J11 speaker, I tried a few different 6v6 tubes for the last few days.

I noticed Ken-Rad 6v6GT/G tubes are louder than the other tubes. and the texture with this tube is acoustic and strong. 

I don’t see the difference between RCA, GE, and Sylvania 6v6gt tubes that much. GE Canada 6v6GT is a bit brighter than 50’s stock tweed RCA and 60’s Sylvania but, Ken-Rad 6v6GT/G sounds way different to them

Load More...
  • en 이 진공관은 정체가 뭘까요?

• 오랫만에 참았던 이베이 나들이를 하다가 눈에 들어왔습니다. 판매자는 12ax7이라고 합니다만 이런 관은 처음 봅니다.

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for AMPEREX ECC83 / 12AX7 TUBE – STRONG – MADE IN HOLLAND at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

Load More...
  • en NOS Astron Blue point aka. yellow mustard capacitors

• they were on ebay and the price was not bad. it was pretty good actually. these .02uf 600v 50’s Astron Blue point capacitors are for my original and project 5F1 champ amps. two of them for the 5F1 project. and the rest of them for the original ’59 5F1 champ in a case I need to replace them like 50 years from now.

Load More...