en Fender tweed vibrolux 1958

Updated on January 14, 2020 | 54 Views all
0 on January 14, 2020

a friend recently got this amp. everything is original and still sounds good. it has voice coil rub but not that serious. even the filter caps are still alive

• Liked by

Be the first to post a comment.

Loading more replies
  • en Fender tweed deluxe 5D3 b+ voltage with a few different rectifier tubes

• 377V with Bendix 6106 5y3wgt which has purchased as NOS and less than 1 year old

366V with Hytron 5y3wgt which is many many years old

369V with GE 5y3gt less than 1 year old

393V with GE 5v4g which I purchased as NOS and less than 1 year old

396V with RCA 5v4g as NOS and less than 1 year old

370V with another Bendix I have purchased as slightly used condition a couple of months ago

btw, I recently scored this Bendix for $25 off ebay. but it just killed my 5F1’s fuse and the B+ is only 266V with 5D3. not every single Bendix lasts like forever

and, figured out why I had 60hz hum with this 5v4g. this one shows only 307v. I’m going to update the 5v4g thread

Load More...
  • en Jensen EM-1002 10″ speaker with syntox-6 ceramic magnet

• didn’t know Jensen had Concert series with ceramic magnets. this PM-1002 sounds more like Jensen 10J11 than WGS Veteran ceramic to me. even I believed it was an alnico speaker when I grabbed this off ebay for $69 plus shipping. then googled what Syntox-6 was after a week playing this in my 5F1 project. a bit disappointed while figuring out what the magnet was. but still happy with this NOS Jensen with the original box. and it is way louder than Jensen 10J11 alnico speaker as I expected.

I’ve tried Mullard and a few different 12ax7 tubes with it. and going to stick with GE black plate 5751 for a while. 

Load More...
  • en The next big IPO is just around the corner?

• Beyond Meat is going public. Investors are betting on a new future for food. Plant-based meat products might fix our food system.

Beyond Meat, the plant-based meat company, is going public next week. The company sells burgers that contain no meat, but taste like they do. Its stated goal is to fix our food system. Its initial public offering (IPO) is the latest sign that alt-meat is going mainstream – and that’s a big deal.

It’s been a good few years for Beyond Meat. National chains including Del Taco, Carl’s Jr., and T.G.I. Friday’s have started carrying their products. They’ve also found their way onto grocery store shelves at Whole Foods, Kroger, and Target. In total, Beyond Meat says its products are available in more than 35,000 outlets, from hotels and college campuses to grocery stores and sports stadiums. Sales have been growing fast – last year the company reported revenues of $87.9 million, up from $32.6 million in 2017.

(Excerpt – To read the full article click the link above.)

#Futurology #Technology #Humanity #Development #Sustainability

Your opinions to this topic are welcome.

Load More...
  • en FLASHBACK FRIDAY: The Successes of Yokomo – LiveRC

• Many new generation R/C car racers recognize Yokomo for making its name after Ryan Maifield won the 2017 IFMAR World Championships in both 2wd and 4wd, but little do they know, Yokomo has been winning races around the globe for over 30 years. For this week’s Flashback Friday we revisit some of Yokomo’s earliest successes in the world of off-road.

Load More...
  • en i found the best album of my life

• @ I do not own the copyright to this recording so if it needs to be removed, I will remove it. If you like this album please buy it for the full experience. …

i found this album randomly. i was looking for something else and i clicked it because of thumbnail and i just surprised that  I could like this style of music

Load More...
  • en endless Youtube music thread

• post any music you want to share

Load More...
  • en Two Beautiful cars

•  

On this episode of Head 2 Head, Automobile Magazine’s Jason Cammisa rekindles a classic European sports sedan battle, pitting the legendary BMW E30 M3 agains…

#BMW #E30 #W201 #190E

Load More...
  • en Which methods are the best examples of data mining?

• Data mining is not just the art of extracting new information; In fact, it is about identifying new patterns from data that you’ve already collected. Here are 10 best examples of data mining methods and techniques:

1. Cluster analysis to identify target groups
    2. Regression analysis to bring on marketing forecasts
    3. Classification analysis to spot on spams and more
    4. Anomaly detection to identify abnormalities
    5. Intrusion detection for system security
    6. Rule learning to recognize links between data
    7. Decision trees analysis to improve on project risk management
    8. Neural network application for automated learning
    9. Induction rule to prefigure data-based analysis
    10. Data warehousing

via @BMM Read the full article here: https://www.bmmagazine.co.uk/business/which-methods-are-the-best-examples-of-data-mining/

#data #DataScience #MachineLearning #AI #BigData #deeplearning #IoT #ComputerScience

Load More...
  • en Inside of Sola Sound Bum Fuzz Unit – Cheap ass version

• Came across this big red bum fuzz here on reverb.com

https://reverb.com/item/17423735-sola-sound-cheap-ass-bum-fuzz-jumbo-tone-bender-direct-from-sola-sound-london

Sola Sound / Macaris sells a few different versions with different components along with the pricing. this one is a literally cheap, actually the cheapest version of them. they had/have more coming as well.

http://www.macaris.co.uk/colorsound

They have 3 different versions by the price. £399.00, £349.00, and £149.00. then I paid $29 for international shipping. mine is £149.00. it was $195 shipped to South Korea.

£399.00 and £349.00 versions come with the reliable components like Cliff jacks, Carling(could be Arrow H&H) DPDT footswitch, Omeg potentiometers (2 of log B 100K, 1 of linear A 100K), and better caps and resistors.

They put Zetex ZTX109 transistors on £399.00 version with better caps, even with the NOS carbon composite resistors, and probably with some tweaks.

£349.00 Bum Fuzz Unit comes with BC184 transistors. £149.00 version comes with the same transistors as far as I know. (update – this pedal came with BC549C known as a substitute for BC184)

But, £149.00 version has, as the name, cheap components include the plastic molded pots. the pots feel not good. but they still came from Piher at least. it has more unknown parts like 1/4″ jacks, footswitch, knobs, and ceramic caps.

I believe I can change some of the parts using the pics on Macaris.co.uk and Reverb.com. The schematics for Jumbo Tone Bender and B&M fuzz are on the web.

I’ll update with some mods and samples. here are the pictures

Load More...
  • en ’54 Fender Tweed Deluxe 5D3 pics

• this wide panel tweed deluxe 5d3 came to me with weber 12a125a speaker a few months ago. it was a very good combo and the price was fair with the new skin. but, I couldn’t stand the blue color of 12a125a. everything else was good to me and my friends.

I’ve tried a like new ’51 p12r without bell, re-coned ’53 p12r came out ’54 5C3, black ’61 p12n, and this ’51 p12q.

p12q is known as one of the original speakers for fender tweed deluxe. but didn’t have a chance to play with p12q before. 

p12q breaks up early like p12r. it was my first question while I was searching this speaker. and the question has solved.

I was obsessed with vintage jensen speakers a while ago. especially with p12n. but it didn’t work well with 5d3 because of the breakup point. or the family and the neighbors. 

then p12q came into my mind. the sound was great like p12n even at the lower volume. and breaks up early enough like p12r in my imaginary world before I actually got this speaker. and it came true. I love this setup and won’t change the speaker again. 

#fender #tweed #5d3 #P12R #P12N #P12Q

Load More...