en Fender tweed vibrolux 1958

Updated on February 2, 2020 | 440 Views all
4 on January 14, 2020

a friend recently got this amp. everything is original and still sounds good. it has voice coil rub but not that serious. even the filter caps are still alive

• Liked by

Be the first to post a comment.

3 on February 2, 2020

오우 골쟈스..

on February 2, 2020

필터캡을 갈지 않아서 소리가 좀 먹먹하더라구. 스피커 상태도 100%는 아니고. 그래서 딜럭스 리버브를 더 좋아해. 저것도 나중에 필터캡 갈아주려구

on February 2, 2020

저거 가진 친구가 내 62 챔프 데려갔어. 히스토릭 여러대 가지고 있다는 그 친구

on February 2, 2020

아하. 멋진 분이시군요.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
Loading more replies
  • en 5×4 tweed champ project

• only the speakers I got so far and the cab will be done in a month give or take. they are 5″ alnico speaker Fisher branded. the frame looks like Oxford and I believe they came from Oxford.

Load More...
  • en NOS Astron Blue point aka. yellow mustard capacitors

• they were on ebay and the price was not bad. it was pretty good actually. these .02uf 600v 50’s Astron Blue point capacitors are for my original and project 5F1 champ amps. two of them for the 5F1 project. and the rest of them for the original ’59 5F1 champ in a case I need to replace them like 50 years from now.

Load More...
  • en i found the best album of my life

• @ I do not own the copyright to this recording so if it needs to be removed, I will remove it. If you like this album please buy it for the full experience. …

i found this album randomly. i was looking for something else and i clicked it because of thumbnail and i just surprised that  I could like this style of music

Load More...
  • en 2.2″ front wheels and axles for RC10

• I got myself this front axle mod idea from rc10talk.com forum when I wanted to put Yokomo 2.2″ wheels on my RC10 runners a couple of years ago. Associated #7222 axles are everything actually. there are not much left to do except for getting the axles if you want to use B4 or JC rulux wheels

longer axle on the right side is ASC7222 that makes you can use none-offset wheels like B4’s, Yoke 4WD’s, and more

Yokomo made TH-1 wheel adapters for RC10. early TH-1 came with front adapters as well. but later TH-1 didn’t

I had managed to get a set of front hubs. but needed more. and got another set from a trick with Ultima hubs.

got this after I trimmed the each side of Ultima front hub from TH-8 package above. the diameter is “slightly” larger for 3/16″ bearings. but the tiny play (gap) was fixed with Loctite. then I’v been using the hubs without a issue

RC10 axles and wheels

Load More...
  • en 50’s Switchcraft 1/4 black phone plugs

• this switchcraft black plastic plug looks always nice to me. especially with vintage Jensen speakers and tweed amps.

I recently noticed the material and the shape has changed through the years. I’m not sure with the exact timeline but, the first and second left ones look a bit older with the different shape of the end tips.

the first one on the left looks like the oldest brother. it’s the one for my 5D3 with P12Q now.

the next one came with 1953 tweed deluxe 5C3. the rest of them look like came from 60’s or 70’s production. I’m just guessing. I’m wondering when they started to put the nylon spacer not bakelite.

#switchcraft

Load More...
  • en DNA: Life’s Changelog

• One of the most interesting things about DNA is that we have discovered, in humans, the 3% of the code which builds our physical bodies also has encoded within the bodies of all of our ancestors. We can switch on these old systems (in animals of course since this would be highly unethical to do to human beings) and give a chicken teeth or scales. We are not just us. We are all the physical forms in our lineage.

Now, that accounts for 3% of our storage. What of the other 97%? It is memories. Now the skeptic will go “yeah right Mr. Science”. Hear me out here though. Why is it so hard to accept memories encoded into the helix? In fact all “instinct” is encoded memory. What beach to lay your eggs by the light of the full moon if you are a tortoise. Where to migrate if you are a starling or a monarch butterfly. Sharks even have maps of the magnetic markers on the seafloor. None of this is learned. It is there at birth.

There is a very good evolutionary reason for this. Rapid adaptation. We have a repository of past experiences so we do not have to reinvent the wheel every time our environment changes. Human beings have noted this for at least as long as we have records and this has given rise to theories of reincarnation which appeared in nearly every civilization on Earth. Science has resisted this because it sounds too “supernatural” in the same way they resisted the “Big Bang” because it sounded too much like creation. Yet, it is anything but supernatural. It is entirely natural and the only explanation which makes any sense.

#Science #Philosophy #Biology #Life #Origins

(Picture courtesy of Ya-Webdesign)

Load More...
  • en Grateful Dead of the Day

• en this CTS 1M potentiometer w/spst switch looks right for 5F1

• Never used. Nylion shaft – no washers or nuts. 1377940 600-01-33. AUDIO Taper 10% at center position. Lot of 10.

Load More...
  • en Yokomo CVD bones

• This post would be a help. but it seems impossible to get them unless you guys push MIP to make them again.

Yokomo YZ10, Works, and 870C universal drives info

it’s the basic info for Yokomo CVD bones
    ’94 YZ10 front CVD bone 84mm
    ’94 YZ10 rear CVD bone 79mm
    MX4 rear CVD bone 79mm

Kysho RB5/RB6 70mm CVD bones work for 870C F/R

MX4 rear bone works with ’94 YZ10 rear. and, Works F/R
    ’94 YZ10 rear bone works with Works F/R. and, for 870C front wide setup
    Bj4 front bone doesn’t work for Yokomo diff cups

’94 YZ10 front

from the top, MX4 Rear / ’94 YZ10 Rear / Jconcpets BJ4 front.

the length are identical to each other. but the head pins are not. I’ve tried more CVD bones from AE and Losi. and all the US brand CVD bones have bigger head pins which don’t fit Yokomo diff cups

While the length is identical, Bj4 CVD bone don’t work for Yokomo diff cups

’94 yz10 cvd bones go deep inside of the diff

MX4 bones have longer head pins. it’s fine except for 870C

870C front wide setup with ’94 YZ10 CVD

Load More...
  • en Inside of Sola Sound Bum Fuzz Unit – Cheap ass version

• Came across this big red bum fuzz here on reverb.com

https://reverb.com/item/17423735-sola-sound-cheap-ass-bum-fuzz-jumbo-tone-bender-direct-from-sola-sound-london

Sola Sound / Macaris sells a few different versions with different components along with the pricing. this one is a literally cheap, actually the cheapest version of them. they had/have more coming as well.

http://www.macaris.co.uk/colorsound

They have 3 different versions by the price. £399.00, £349.00, and £149.00. then I paid $29 for international shipping. mine is £149.00. it was $195 shipped to South Korea.

£399.00 and £349.00 versions come with the reliable components like Cliff jacks, Carling(could be Arrow H&H) DPDT footswitch, Omeg potentiometers (2 of log B 100K, 1 of linear A 100K), and better caps and resistors.

They put Zetex ZTX109 transistors on £399.00 version with better caps, even with the NOS carbon composite resistors, and probably with some tweaks.

£349.00 Bum Fuzz Unit comes with BC184 transistors. £149.00 version comes with the same transistors as far as I know. (update – this pedal came with BC549C known as a substitute for BC184)

But, £149.00 version has, as the name, cheap components include the plastic molded pots. the pots feel not good. but they still came from Piher at least. it has more unknown parts like 1/4″ jacks, footswitch, knobs, and ceramic caps.

I believe I can change some of the parts using the pics on Macaris.co.uk and Reverb.com. The schematics for Jumbo Tone Bender and B&M fuzz are on the web.

I’ll update with some mods and samples. here are the pictures

Load More...