en Fender tweed champ 5F1 1959 pics – inside and outisde

Updated on May 25, 2019 | 2951 Views No Category
3 on February 24, 2019

it’s a ’59 fender tweed champ with 8″ stock jensen speaker. I’ve learned more than a few things from this amp. mostly about the tone. and it forces me to play more than before I got this small tweed amp. 

I’m using 5y3 rectifier for the original setup along with 5v4g for more clean headroom. and  watching that huge rectifier from the back side. 5v4g and Bendix 5y3 look beautiful at night.

5F1 breaks up early and it’s the character of this amp. 5v4g makes 5F1 sounds a bit like tweed deluxe. but, it’s still tweed champ of course. and, I recently noticed 5f1 with 5v4g is more vulnerable to 60hz hum. so, I came back to the stock 5y3

• Liked by
  • bananapeel

Be the first to post a comment.

Add a comment

0 on April 1, 2019

I’m adding more pictures while looking at the transformers and the ground wires. have been playing with this champ for the last 9 months. and it keeps leading me into playing with music and electrics at the same time.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on May 25, 2019

replaced the AC cord with 16 gauge Belden E3462-C. E3464 doesn’t work with vintage tube amps due to the aluminum or braided shield. only E3462-C works with my tweed Champ and Deluxe

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on May 25, 2019

even I’m traveling with this Champ

• Liked by
Cancel
Loading more replies
  • en Rusty Beauty l 1972 Porsche 911S Targa

• You’re a Porsche enthusiast running his own restoration and sales operation in the UK. A client’s request for a 1973 Carrera RS sends you to Japan to inspect…

Load More...
  • en Elliot Mechanics – Mechanicland Strat Neck pictures

• got this brazilian strat neck a couple of years ago. it has refinished before. unfortunately, it’s urethan finish on it.  it still ages well though.

trussrod nut and the decal have replaced at 90’s by the owner before me. and I don’t think this Mechanicland neck came with the decal. the decal on the head is definitely a aftermarket product. and it looks funny a bit

everything else is great with this beautiful with brazilian fretboard. and, sounds stunning along with this light ash (not swamp ash) body

#mechanicland #strat #brazilian

Load More...
  • en LSD – Audio (Official Video) ft. Labrinth, Sia, Diplo

• Load More...
  • en The five principles: Wisdom of the Axial Age

• These five principles form the foundation of just about every major religion and philosophical system which emerged in that incredible span of years from the 8th to the 3rd century BCE called the Axial Age when Taoism, Buddhism, Zoroastrianism, Confucianism, Classic Greek Philosophy, and Christianity all flowered in the same time period. Why? Simple, it is because they are universal and when put into active practice in our daily lives they work.

The practice of these principles will garb you in a suit of spiritual armor. Even in the midst of chaos and in the face of evil your heart will be unsullied, calm and serene.

The five principles: Wisdom of the Axial Age

1. Be compassionate. Compassionate in both thought and deed. Learn to recognize that the actions of others are often caused by spiritual pain. Avoid contempt. Avoid those mental judgments we always make of others. Compassion leads to harmony and harmony and balance is the key to inner peace.

2. Be kind. Very simple. In every interaction, you have you have an opportunity to add to the sum total of good. No act of kindness or charity is too small. It does not matter if you receive gratitude. At times your acts of kindness will even cause resentment in others. That is their way. Let yours be kindness.

3. Be Forgiving: Forgive others and mostly yourself. Forgiveness is not easy. It requires effort to let past harms and slights go. You may be perfectly justified in your anger, sorrow or resentment but it does not matter. Resentments do not harm the object of your resentment. They harm only you. Much of our spiritual disharmony is caused by our own self-contempt. We magnify our failings. We mull over our mistakes and shortcomings again and again. We compare ourselves to an impossible ideal and then hate ourselves when we fail to measure up. Forgive yourself. Let it go. There is so much that is good in you and tomorrow brings a new opportunity to achieve your dreams.

4. Be Loving. When you have been compassionate, kind and forgiving you will sense a flood of a unique form of love. Love of all. It will well up within you and influence your every action. It will baffle and confuse others. People who would confront you, engage you in argument or dispute and who would transmit their own anger to you will be astounded when they see that you are unruffled. They will not know what to do. Your calm and peace will affect them.

5. Be Accepting: You are not in control of the universe. Stop taking everything so personally. It is not all about you. Be humble before the majesty of the universe knowing that it is you and you are it. Things are often not going to go your way. You may be treated unfairly by others, or be the target of hatred or cruelty. You are not going to get everything you want. Accept this. Move on.

#Teachings #Philosophy #Compassion #Religion #History

(Picture: Artist unknown)

Load More...
  • en LSD – No New Friends (Official Video) ft. Labrinth, Sia, Diplo

• Load More...
  • en 1972 De Tomaso Pantera

• This week join us as we take a ride in Gary Corcoran’s prized De Tomaso Pantera along the mountain roads overlooking Los Angeles. Back in 1980, Gary was a re…

Load More...
  • en How to spot Siemens, Tyco V23084-C2001-A303 relay and the counterfeit

• I have emailed to dozens of electric part suppliers and messaged to ebay sellers for

V23084-C2001-A303 to fix my E46 GM5 module.

and I noticed most of them are counterfeit. this seller looked legit with the picture of NOS Siemens relay. but it didn’t go well.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-New-Tyco-Relay-V23084-C2001-A303-GM5-BMW-E46-X3-E39-E38-Grundmodul-Siemens/122754020496

and it’s the the relays I got from this seller

The original Siemens, Tyco, TE connectivity relays have molded bottom with thick and strong lead pins. and, you can buy this counterfeit relay on alibaba.com or aliexpress.com for less $1 each

I’m talking to these two sellers for the original part. and one of them are running this web site

http://www.bmwgm5.com

I do trust this guy and made a purchase from his ebay store

https://www.ebay.com/usr/bmwgm5?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2754

also this seller has the original relay. but it’s V23084-C2002-A403

the only difference between A303 and A403 is the contact material. and C2002 is sensitive type works with less current as far as I know. I’ll try them both and will update

another seller sent me this picture. and it’s exactly the relay I’m after. you can see the pattern on the bottom but even many of the counterfeit have the patterns as well. but please see the pins carefully all the soldering pins are thick and look strong enough.

I’m ordering a pair from this seller who sent me the picture

https://www.ebay.com/itm/183304411194

it took a couple of months to figure out which is the original and finally found these 2 sellers which I trust on ebay.

I’ll update when they arrive

and please someone advice me if V23084-C2001-A303 can be replaced with

V23084-C2002-A403, or V23084-C2001-A403

undefined

Load More...
  • en modern 5F1 with Boothill kit and Mergili cabinet

• found this nicely built 5F1 with 10″ WGS speaker in Mergili cabinet on Ebay while I was in search of the parts for my first 5F1 build. grabbed it off for very good price and I’m changing the components and wires one by one like the filter caps, bypass caps, speaker wires along with the plug.

I think the speaker wires and Amperex 12ax7 changed way more than the capacitors. I’m waiting for yellow and red Jupiter 0.022 caps as well. an A/B comparison video on youtube was very interesting. and red one looks very close to the original Astron firecracker.

there are few tweed amp inspired cabinets around. and it’s the first cab I like except for the original ones. this cabinet sings with WGS ceramic speaker. I’ve been biased toward vintage Jensen alnico speakers so far. and this speaker changed it a bit

the orange filter caps are Roederstein 33uf 450v which replaced the stock caps from the kit. I didn’t know the limit of 5y3 and was brave enough to put two of them on it. then realized the rectifier was too hot and went to 33+10+10.

the first 33uf right next to the rectifier seems fine so far. I’ve tried on the original 5D3 and 5F1 without an issue before. this very capacitor is one of the caps I trust most

this 5F1 is dead quiet and the filament wiring is a bit different to the original champ. I’m trying to figuring out it. nothing is easy with the electric stuff even 5F1 is this simple.

I’ve got some NOS Sprague black beauty caps 15 years ago and tried it on this amp. I expected something vintage with them. but I’ve learned they are not useful as the coupling caps. they were good as the guitar tone caps. but they dramatically reduced the output volume regardless of the values. realized why my 18watt replica’s output volume was that low 15 years ago today. I’m still wondering why anyway. 

[update] the sprague caps I put on this amp had twice high capacitance than the marking. I couldn’t find any 0.02 and tried 0.03 but they actually were over 0.05. higher capacitance changes the frequency and reduces the output volume as I learned from them. and NOS caps need time to break in. they sound getting louder for the last few days

Load More...
  • en 1962 Fender 5F1 champ

• I met this little guy again this morning. and gave it RCA Command 5751 as a present. I’ve tried more than a few 12ax7 tubes with this Champ for a while. and love the sound with this 5751. and, one 6v6gt from Valvo factory in Frankfurt is coming to me for this Champ.

the 3rf filter cap is Sprague which replaced the big 8uf 500V Astron minimite last winter. it still has the 2 prong power cord even with the death cap. this 57-year-old Champ is beautiful and sounds great of course. but didn’t sing as much as my ’59 Champ till this morning. now it does sing like a magic.

pictures of the transformers are here

https://slowbean.net/thread/gathering-information-on-vintage-tweed-champ-output-transformer/

Load More...
  • en Jaguar XJ220 l My dream car

• Racecar-driver Justin Law dives into detail the very rare XJ220 supercar project and it’s storied history, passing hands from Tom Walkinshaw Racing (TWR) and…

Load More...