en Fender tweed champ 5F1 1959 pics – inside and outisde

Updated on May 25, 2019 | 3675 Views No Category
3 on February 24, 2019

it’s a ’59 fender tweed champ with 8″ stock jensen speaker. I’ve learned more than a few things from this amp. mostly about the tone. and it forces me to play more than before I got this small tweed amp. 

I’m using 5y3 rectifier for the original setup along with 5v4g for more clean headroom. and  watching that huge rectifier from the back side. 5v4g and Bendix 5y3 look beautiful at night.

5F1 breaks up early and it’s the character of this amp. 5v4g makes 5F1 sounds a bit like tweed deluxe. but, it’s still tweed champ of course. and, I recently noticed 5f1 with 5v4g is more vulnerable to 60hz hum. so, I came back to the stock 5y3

• Liked by
  • bananapeel

Be the first to post a comment.

Add a comment

0 on April 1, 2019

I’m adding more pictures while looking at the transformers and the ground wires. have been playing with this champ for the last 9 months. and it keeps leading me into playing with music and electrics at the same time.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on May 25, 2019

replaced the AC cord with 16 gauge Belden E3462-C. E3464 doesn’t work with vintage tube amps due to the aluminum or braided shield. only E3462-C works with my tweed Champ and Deluxe

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on May 25, 2019

even I’m traveling with this Champ

• Liked by
Cancel
Loading more replies
  • en Jensen EM-1002 10″ speaker with syntox-6 ceramic magnet

• didn’t know Jensen had Concert series with ceramic magnets. this PM-1002 sounds more like Jensen 10J11 than WGS Veteran ceramic to me. even I believed it was an alnico speaker when I grabbed this off ebay for $69 plus shipping. then googled what Syntox-6 was after a week playing this in my 5F1 project. a bit disappointed while figuring out what the magnet was. but still happy with this NOS Jensen with the original box. and it is way louder than Jensen 10J11 alnico speaker as I expected.

I’ve tried Mullard and a few different 12ax7 tubes with it. and going to stick with GE black plate 5751 for a while. 

Load More...
  • en NPN Germanium transistor list for Fuzz pedals

• My interest in fuzz pedal came from JMI Tone Bender III reissue which belongs to a friend. this pedal has 3 of OC75 glass tube transistors.

And, unfortunately, My Sola Sound Bum Fuzz came with 3 of NPN transistors while OC75 is PNP type. then found this web page with germanium and silicone transistor lists

http://vintageradio.me.uk/info/radiocon_data_trans.htm

There are 26 of germanium NPN transistors from the data sheets

ASY28, ASY29

2N388, 2N388A

2N1302, 2N1304, 2N1306, 2N1308,

OC139, OC140, OC141

AD161

AC187

NKT713, NKT773, NKT774, NKT781

2SD72

Black glass tube NPN transistors are OC139, OC140, OC141 from them.

OC75 is like this according to this web page on alltransistors.com

Type Designator: OC75 (PNP)

Maximum Collector Power Dissipation (Pc): 0.125 W

Maximum Collector-Base Voltage |Vcb|: 20 V

Maximum Collector-Emitter Voltage |Vce|: 20 V

Maximum Emitter-Base Voltage |Veb|: 10 V

Maximum Collector Current |Ic max|: 0.01 A

Transition Frequency (ft): 0.1 MHz

Collector Capacitance (Cc): 50 pF

Forward Current Transfer Ratio (hFE), MIN: 55

And, for OC139, OC140 is

Vcb: 20 V / 20 V

Vce: 20 V / 20V

Forward Current Transfer Ratio (hFE), MIN: 40 / 75

I’m going to try OC139. simply beccause, OC139 is cheaper than OC140 on ebay. and I’m wondering how Transition Frequency differences work with Fuzz. I’ll update in a few weeks

Load More...
  • en Jaguar XJ220 l My dream car

• Racecar-driver Justin Law dives into detail the very rare XJ220 supercar project and it’s storied history, passing hands from Tom Walkinshaw Racing (TWR) and…

Load More...
  • en SUPREME x NIKE 2019 summer season new collaboration

• 슈프림 나이키 2019 여름 나일론 재킷 후드 니트 스웨트팬츠 패니팩 전 제품군 발매 정보

슈프림 나이키 2019 여름 나일론 재킷 후드 니트 스웨트팬츠 패니팩 전 제품군 발매 정보

The Supreme x Nike 2019 summer collection will be available at the skate label’s in-store locations in New York, Brooklyn, Los Angeles, London, Paris and also its online store from May 23. Japan will see a later release as usual on May 25.

Load More...
  • en Riders In the Sky (American Outlaws: Live at Nassau Coliseum, 1990)

• The Highwaymen performing “Ragged Old Flag” from American Outlaws: Live at Nassau Coliseum, 1990 Listen to The Highwaymen: https://Highwaymen.lnk.to/listenYD…

Load More...
  • en Belden E3462-C cord makes my tweed amps dead quiet

• needed a longer AC cord for my 5D3 and tried E3462-C cord. this cord noticeably reduces noise even while it has more amps and computers share the same AC and audio source.

then I replaced all the AC cord with this for my tweed amps. the most dramatic change comes to ’59 5F1 which was quiet alone but it cannot be hooked up with AB box. even 60hz hum was loud when it shared the same AC power source without AB box. ground lift didn’t work either. it just shifted the noise frequency

this seller has the cable. but, only one of three was correct. two of them were E3462 without C. they are metal shielded and the noise was louder than 2 prong cord.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-CPU-Power-Cord-Cable-SVT-E-3462-C-LL-30830/253801406241

found another seller had the correct cable. and finally all of my tweed amps are dead quiet at any circumstance with E3462-C. even there is no difference between the original and modern 5F1 with or without the center tab.

and this typical ac cord wasn’t that bad for 5D3 but there is a huge difference with 5F1. E3462-C is still way better for 5D3 as well.

Load More...
  • en LUXAR ONLINE – Community title,logo design

• Load More...
  • en Two Beautiful cars

•  

On this episode of Head 2 Head, Automobile Magazine’s Jason Cammisa rekindles a classic European sports sedan battle, pitting the legendary BMW E30 M3 agains…

#BMW #E30 #W201 #190E

Load More...
  • en Your universe is just a pattern of nerve fibers in the “black box” of your skull.

• You think that the universe resides outside of you and it is true that there is something out there all right. However, that something is nothing like your perception of things. Let’s take the materialist view. That is that everything is just “stuff”. Atoms, molecules, quarks and radishes and all kinds of other “stuff”. That stuff is a kind of vibratory energy through which other kinds of energy flow. Energy is likewise “stuff” just in a different form.

Your brain for all of its gooey gray grossness is a pretty complex thing. More complex than just about anything else in the universe. Stars and planetary systems are BIG but relatively simple. Now, within this gray matter are trillions perhaps a hundred trillion or more neurons. These are specialized cells. They are connected with neural pathways like a gigantic and complex net. When we observe we make pathways. When we think we make other pathways in exactly the same fashion except that the data comes from the brain, i.e. the pathways that are already present.

The brain forging neural networks in real time.

Now, everything you know, remember and experience has no existence for you aside from patterns in this network which began to form the instant your brain developed enough in the womb. So, all of your experiences are just patterns. If the patterns were changed, as in an accident then your reality changes. It is all just patterns connecting and relating to other patterns in this neural network. This is thought, cognition and self-awareness on a macro scale.

Yet, reality, objective reality is something else altogether. It has an extrinsic existence outside of this pattern of neural networks. Your knowledge of it is very limited. Just enough to get around, find food shelter and a mate. When you sleep something else happens. The network fires in patterns. Not random patterns. Very meaningful patterns but without the necessity of obeying the laws of time, space or physics.

Consciousness is so much more complex than even the greatest neuroscientists, medical researchers and philosophers can even begin to grasp and the waking mind is the least significant part of the picture.

#Science #Psychology #Brain #Consciousness #Universe

Load More...
  • en 이 진공관은 정체가 뭘까요?

• 오랫만에 참았던 이베이 나들이를 하다가 눈에 들어왔습니다. 판매자는 12ax7이라고 합니다만 이런 관은 처음 봅니다.

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for AMPEREX ECC83 / 12AX7 TUBE – STRONG – MADE IN HOLLAND at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

Load More...