en Fender tweed champ 5F1 1959 pics – inside and outisde

Updated on May 25, 2019 | 4119 Views No Category
3 on February 24, 2019

it’s a ’59 fender tweed champ with 8″ stock jensen speaker. I’ve learned more than a few things from this amp. mostly about the tone. and it forces me to play more than before I got this small tweed amp. 

I’m using 5y3 rectifier for the original setup along with 5v4g for more clean headroom. and  watching that huge rectifier from the back side. 5v4g and Bendix 5y3 look beautiful at night.

5F1 breaks up early and it’s the character of this amp. 5v4g makes 5F1 sounds a bit like tweed deluxe. but, it’s still tweed champ of course. and, I recently noticed 5f1 with 5v4g is more vulnerable to 60hz hum. so, I came back to the stock 5y3

• Liked by
  • bananapeel

Be the first to post a comment.

Add a comment

0 on April 1, 2019

I’m adding more pictures while looking at the transformers and the ground wires. have been playing with this champ for the last 9 months. and it keeps leading me into playing with music and electrics at the same time.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on May 25, 2019

replaced the AC cord with 16 gauge Belden E3462-C. E3464 doesn’t work with vintage tube amps due to the aluminum or braided shield. only E3462-C works with my tweed Champ and Deluxe

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on May 25, 2019

even I’m traveling with this Champ

• Liked by
Cancel
Loading more replies
  • en a replacement for #47 bulb – #239

• I’ve been using this 239 bulb after the factory GE #47 bulb went dead. 239 is same 6.3V and the bayonet base is identical to #47. mine came from Westinghouse as I remember. and found more from Tung-sol, Sylvania, Chicago Miniature, and more

239 rated 2.268 watt while 47 is 0.945 watt according to this web page. I’m wondering if I can go with this bulb. but didn’t have an issue yet

https://www.bulbtown.com/6_2_VOLT_LIGHT_BULBS_s/380.htm

and there are sellers have #1847 which is the long-life version of #47 on ebay. even their pricing are fair. it’s a thread about #47 and #1847

https://www.antiqueradios.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=145938

Load More...
  • en Fender tweed vibrolux 1958

• a friend recently got this amp. everything is original and still sounds good. it has voice coil rub but not that serious. even the filter caps are still alive

Load More...
  • en 2.2″ front wheels and axles for RC10

• I got myself this front axle mod idea from rc10talk.com forum when I wanted to put Yokomo 2.2″ wheels on my RC10 runners a couple of years ago. Associated #7222 axles are everything actually. there are not much left to do except for getting the axles if you want to use B4 or JC rulux wheels

longer axle on the right side is ASC7222 that makes you can use none-offset wheels like B4’s, Yoke 4WD’s, and more

Yokomo made TH-1 wheel adapters for RC10. early TH-1 came with front adapters as well. but later TH-1 didn’t

I had managed to get a set of front hubs. but needed more. and got another set from a trick with Ultima hubs.

got this after I trimmed the each side of Ultima front hub from TH-8 package above. the diameter is “slightly” larger for 3/16″ bearings. but the tiny play (gap) was fixed with Loctite. then I’v been using the hubs without a issue

RC10 axles and wheels

Load More...
  • en Retro Bj4.3 part 3

• Needed to see the B44.3 chassis to make a new chassis for this project. got the chassis along with the original Bj4 chassis. it’s the first time to see the original version. and I can see the wheelbase is identical to Bj4 worlds edition.

B44.3 chassis is 4mm longer than B44’s. but still the Bj4 and B44 bodies fit the chassis. the structure is different for the front and rear bulkheads. Bj4 was built with Nitro TC3 parts. and B44 series has it’s own bulkheads and tranny, diff cups and more

you can check the wheelbase here

https://slowbean.net/2015/06/a-quick-update-for-retro-bj4/

And, the under tray came from B44.2 Bulldog body set from Pro-line
    http://www.prolineracing.com/bodies/bulldog-clear-body-b442/

With some original Bj4 parts from Jconcepts, AE, and Losi

Load More...
  • en 1/8″ custom towers for Hot Dog 4

• they are 5mm extended front tower and the rear tower with the original shape. the original towers have extra holes for shock mounting. and they were not strong enough. the new towers are strong enough with this thick g10 epoxy material.

870c shocks are beautiful and they leak. and they are beautiful enough to set on this shelfer.

Load More...
  • en LSD – No New Friends (Official Video) ft. Labrinth, Sia, Diplo

• Load More...
  • en 1972 De Tomaso Pantera

• This week join us as we take a ride in Gary Corcoran’s prized De Tomaso Pantera along the mountain roads overlooking Los Angeles. Back in 1980, Gary was a re…

Load More...
  • en Astron minimite dry electrolytic capacitors

•  

it’s my tweed deluxe 5d3 with Astron cap paper sleeves with Sprague caps inside. TE-1207 for 25uf 25V. and, 16uf 475V for 16uf 450V. I’m still after one more Astron 16uf 450V cap or sleeve. but even dead astron caps are not cheap on ebay. I tried it but the ending price went way further than I expected.

this 5d3 is getting closer to the original shape with the restuff filter caps. the correct switchcraft 1/4 phone plug and 18awg Gaviitt cloth wire are coming to me as well.

Load More...
  • en Multifandom | Can’t Hold Us

• THE GIRL THAT SAY “HELLO” AT 00:03 IS FROM “GOTHAM” ● HD IS BETTER ; That remix is fuck I needed to edit it, sorry the black border more gave a charm -q ‘ Im…
    Load More...
  • en VHT standard 12 – a fat tweed deluxe 5e3 clone

• it’s getting better with some NOS caps and tubes. 50’s Jensen does something of course. VHT standard 12 is a bit bigger than the original tweed deluxe. and I like this cabinet as well. I might try P15N at some point

Load More...