en fender tweed champ 5F1 1956 with 6 inch speaker

Updated on January 28, 2020 | 144 Views all
0 on January 28, 2020

this 6″ speaker has the model name 6EV on it. I guess it’s Oxford from the 6EV. Oxford 8″ was 8EV-29 .

this Champ had some noise issue even without any input signal. it came from oxidation and fixed instantly with EML contact cleaner. I don’t use the infamous Dexoit anymore. the residue from Dexoit caused some problem on the vintage cloth pushback wires. EML is still the best for tube pins, input and output jacks and plugs, and potentiometers so far.

the filter caps were alive but the volume level was too law and didn’t sound like a Champ. this Champ sounds getting alive while the new caps are broken in already. the replacement is 33uf+10uf+10uf like my old Champ amps.

the texture was nice with GE black plate 575. but turned out it sounds great, I mean more like the Champ sound with RCA black long plate 12ax7 from late 50’s. I prefer 8 inch speakers but this 6 inch Oxford still sings 

• Liked by

Be the first to post a comment.

Loading more replies
  • en late 50’s Sprague bumble bee and black beauty caps

• all they are .022uf 400v Sprague caps from the same era. there were PIO and Mylar Black Beauty and Bumble Bee caps with the same model number 104263B

Load More...
  • en This Lotus Esprit Is A Light Rider Reborn

• en The Abyss

• “He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself; and if you gaze too long into the abyss, the abyss will gaze into you.”

~ Friedrich Nietzsche

The German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche died in 1897 of brain cancer in the home of his mother. He had a nervous collapse in 1887 at the age of 44 and spend his last ten years totally and completely insane. He saw too far.

The American writer Ernest Hemingway killed himself in July of 1962. He had been suffering from severe depression and was undergoing electroshock therapy. He wrote that he was depressed because he saw the “black emptiness of human existence”. He saw too far.

You see my friends there is a dark place in our psyche. An abyss. The most intelligent and far-sighted of us can see into it. It is a frightening place. Not peopled with monsters or ghosts but with emptiness. An emptiness so complete that it appears that there is no end to it and no escape.

Yet, this is an illusion. The dark place is something we create for ourselves. We stare into it and it takes our hope. It clouds our perception and crushes our spirit. Yet, it does not have the power to destroy us. We must do this on our own. If one leaps into the dark place and embraces it then we fall through to the other side. On the other side is perfect freedom. Death is not the answer. Life is the answer. We can live in freedom from fear by embracing our fear. The darkness cannot touch us ever again.

“It’s done by hurling yourself into the abyss, and discovering that it’s a feather bed. There’s no other way to do it.”

~ Terence McKenna

(Picture by Seb Janiak)

#Nietzsche #Psychology #Mindset #Abyss #Hemingway #DailyLife

Load More...
  • en one beautiful tweed deluxe 5C3 came from Feb. 1955

• it’s one of the tweed amps led me to this tweed world. it’s typical 5C3 with two of 6sc7

Load More...
  • en Retro Bj4.3 part 3

• Needed to see the B44.3 chassis to make a new chassis for this project. got the chassis along with the original Bj4 chassis. it’s the first time to see the original version. and I can see the wheelbase is identical to Bj4 worlds edition.

B44.3 chassis is 4mm longer than B44’s. but still the Bj4 and B44 bodies fit the chassis. the structure is different for the front and rear bulkheads. Bj4 was built with Nitro TC3 parts. and B44 series has it’s own bulkheads and tranny, diff cups and more

you can check the wheelbase here

https://slowbean.net/2015/06/a-quick-update-for-retro-bj4/

And, the under tray came from B44.2 Bulldog body set from Pro-line
    http://www.prolineracing.com/bodies/bulldog-clear-body-b442/

With some original Bj4 parts from Jconcepts, AE, and Losi

Load More...
  • en Pickguard on Joe Bonamassa signature Burst

• I believe Gibson and Wildwood put the same black plastic parts from his Custom Shop Goldtop Les Paul. while the plastic parts made after his original. the pickguard is different to all the Gibson’s like pre 2009 historic, post 2009 historic, and Gibson US version.

and, finally found the right one from Creamtone. they sent me their Absolute Vintage pickguard template. and every single detail is same except for the gap they made after the original 50’s pickguard.

I’ll update after we try this from Creamtone later

Load More...
  • en LSD – Audio (Official Video) ft. Labrinth, Sia, Diplo

• Load More...
  • en Two Beautiful cars

•  

On this episode of Head 2 Head, Automobile Magazine’s Jason Cammisa rekindles a classic European sports sedan battle, pitting the legendary BMW E30 M3 agains…

#BMW #E30 #W201 #190E

Load More...
  • en fender factory tour 1959

•  

Load More...
  • en Awsome STRANGER THINGS projection on house

• visit our website: https://www.digitalpressworks.com We added this to our projection mapping show for Halloween! A view from the sidewalk in front of our house

Load More...