en Fender Princeton AA964 Blackface from ’64 or ’65

Updated on February 23, 2020 | 103 Views all
0 on February 23, 2020

haven’t checked the serial nubmber. it just looks came from between 1964 to 1965. someone added an extra diode on the original one. but the original diode works fine without it. more than one component have replaced at some point.

the output level is too low and I guess it’s the filiter caps. it has 20+20+20+20uf 450v multi cap.

• Liked by

Be the first to post a comment.

Loading more replies
  • en 834b shelfer part II

• I grabbed this part lot off ebay. only what I need are the pulley bag. but the rest of them could be spare or could be a start for a new project.

the most important parts in this lot is this pulley bag. i used to have ZB-40 for rigid belt drive before. this ZB-40N is for the torque limiter setup.

NIB parts are getting hard to find everyday. I need more arms, c hubs, and steering knuckles always

new chain, very rare front oneway axles, rear dogbones, and steering linkage

put my favorite Yokomo decal on the wing. and i need to cut 1/2 inch on the front side of this wing. thanks to my friends for the parts and help again

and more pics for electronics. Novak 4 middle of restoring and my clean NER-3FM. i’ve been running with this receiver for years while the FM antennas are getting disappear on the track.

and Delta diff outdrives will be added soon. I’m after Delta slipper clutch as well.

[Update – 6th April 2013]

Delta outdrives have been installed along with Delta thrust bearing few weeks ago.

and please check this. you’ll see some nice wheels for 834B soon

Load More...
  • en Inside of Sola Sound Bum Fuzz Unit – Cheap ass version

• Came across this big red bum fuzz here on reverb.com

https://reverb.com/item/17423735-sola-sound-cheap-ass-bum-fuzz-jumbo-tone-bender-direct-from-sola-sound-london

Sola Sound / Macaris sells a few different versions with different components along with the pricing. this one is a literally cheap, actually the cheapest version of them. they had/have more coming as well.

http://www.macaris.co.uk/colorsound

They have 3 different versions by the price. £399.00, £349.00, and £149.00. then I paid $29 for international shipping. mine is £149.00. it was $195 shipped to South Korea.

£399.00 and £349.00 versions come with the reliable components like Cliff jacks, Carling(could be Arrow H&H) DPDT footswitch, Omeg potentiometers (2 of log B 100K, 1 of linear A 100K), and better caps and resistors.

They put Zetex ZTX109 transistors on £399.00 version with better caps, even with the NOS carbon composite resistors, and probably with some tweaks.

£349.00 Bum Fuzz Unit comes with BC184 transistors. £149.00 version comes with the same transistors as far as I know. (update – this pedal came with BC549C known as a substitute for BC184)

But, £149.00 version has, as the name, cheap components include the plastic molded pots. the pots feel not good. but they still came from Piher at least. it has more unknown parts like 1/4″ jacks, footswitch, knobs, and ceramic caps.

I believe I can change some of the parts using the pics on Macaris.co.uk and Reverb.com. The schematics for Jumbo Tone Bender and B&M fuzz are on the web.

I’ll update with some mods and samples. here are the pictures

Load More...
  • en 50’s Jensen P12R and P12N output power – from tdpri.com

• found this nice and old datasheet probably was a part of the Jensen brochure. and it’s great to see the exact output of the 50’s Jensen speakers. P12R was the stock speaker for tweed deluxe. and now I can see why it came with tweed deluxe. btw, P12R and P12Q share the same bell cover. and you cannot install P12N and P12P with the bell in tweed deluxe because of the size.

P12R = 12watt

P12N = 18watt

and, this thread in the same forum says

P12Q = 14watt

P12P = 16watt

http://www.tdpri.com/threads/old-alnico-jensen-do-i-have-a-p12p-or-a-p12r.201934/

Load More...
  • en JMP 1959 Super Lead 1971 with Rola blackback speaker cab

• took some pics at a friend’s place

cabinet

chassis

the circuit board

filter caps

Load More...
  • en More than Human

• The next evolutionary step for humans. Some of us will make the conscious choice to have our bodies integrated into a machine such as a spacecraft or a probe. By integrated I mean encased in a pod permanently connected up tp a “Matrix-like” system where our bodily functions are taken care of by the pod and where the sensors of the ship become our senses and we are the mind and soul of the machine.

A perfect blend of machine and flesh.

Over time our bodies would mesh with the pod and we would look very little like a human. To human eyes we would seem grotesque and removal from life support would mean death, So, our bodies remain in a windowless pod greatly shielded from radiation, heat or the effect of gravity or g-forces.

Then as this hybrid being, we could survive where no human could survive. We could live indefinitely if we slowed the body down while keeping the brain functioning. We could explore the universe this way. We would be more than human.

#evolution #futurism #science #transhumanism

Load More...
  • en Grateful Dead of the Day

• en The Abyss

• “He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself; and if you gaze too long into the abyss, the abyss will gaze into you.”

~ Friedrich Nietzsche

The German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche died in 1897 of brain cancer in the home of his mother. He had a nervous collapse in 1887 at the age of 44 and spend his last ten years totally and completely insane. He saw too far.

The American writer Ernest Hemingway killed himself in July of 1962. He had been suffering from severe depression and was undergoing electroshock therapy. He wrote that he was depressed because he saw the “black emptiness of human existence”. He saw too far.

You see my friends there is a dark place in our psyche. An abyss. The most intelligent and far-sighted of us can see into it. It is a frightening place. Not peopled with monsters or ghosts but with emptiness. An emptiness so complete that it appears that there is no end to it and no escape.

Yet, this is an illusion. The dark place is something we create for ourselves. We stare into it and it takes our hope. It clouds our perception and crushes our spirit. Yet, it does not have the power to destroy us. We must do this on our own. If one leaps into the dark place and embraces it then we fall through to the other side. On the other side is perfect freedom. Death is not the answer. Life is the answer. We can live in freedom from fear by embracing our fear. The darkness cannot touch us ever again.

“It’s done by hurling yourself into the abyss, and discovering that it’s a feather bed. There’s no other way to do it.”

~ Terence McKenna

(Picture by Seb Janiak)

#Nietzsche #Psychology #Mindset #Abyss #Hemingway #DailyLife

Load More...
  • en Sprague caps from a movie – on Apple-1 motherboard

• They tweaked the large sprague caps and the small ones too much for the scene. but it’s still good to see my favorite sprague capacitors on a movie. aren’t they orange back in the days? 

this board is Apple-1 from this movie Jobs from 2013

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2357129/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

btw, I wanted to capture the scenes. and it didn’t work with Safari browser. this helped me out. you can capture the screenshot while it’s playing on chrome. it didn’t work while posed.

https://www.quora.com/How-can-I-screenshot-Netflix-without-getting-a-black-screen-image

Load More...
  • en Jaguar XJ220 l My dream car

• Racecar-driver Justin Law dives into detail the very rare XJ220 supercar project and it’s storied history, passing hands from Tom Walkinshaw Racing (TWR) and…

Load More...
  • en Your universe is just a pattern of nerve fibers in the “black box” of your skull.

• You think that the universe resides outside of you and it is true that there is something out there all right. However, that something is nothing like your perception of things. Let’s take the materialist view. That is that everything is just “stuff”. Atoms, molecules, quarks and radishes and all kinds of other “stuff”. That stuff is a kind of vibratory energy through which other kinds of energy flow. Energy is likewise “stuff” just in a different form.

Your brain for all of its gooey gray grossness is a pretty complex thing. More complex than just about anything else in the universe. Stars and planetary systems are BIG but relatively simple. Now, within this gray matter are trillions perhaps a hundred trillion or more neurons. These are specialized cells. They are connected with neural pathways like a gigantic and complex net. When we observe we make pathways. When we think we make other pathways in exactly the same fashion except that the data comes from the brain, i.e. the pathways that are already present.

The brain forging neural networks in real time.

Now, everything you know, remember and experience has no existence for you aside from patterns in this network which began to form the instant your brain developed enough in the womb. So, all of your experiences are just patterns. If the patterns were changed, as in an accident then your reality changes. It is all just patterns connecting and relating to other patterns in this neural network. This is thought, cognition and self-awareness on a macro scale.

Yet, reality, objective reality is something else altogether. It has an extrinsic existence outside of this pattern of neural networks. Your knowledge of it is very limited. Just enough to get around, find food shelter and a mate. When you sleep something else happens. The network fires in patterns. Not random patterns. Very meaningful patterns but without the necessity of obeying the laws of time, space or physics.

Consciousness is so much more complex than even the greatest neuroscientists, medical researchers and philosophers can even begin to grasp and the waking mind is the least significant part of the picture.

#Science #Psychology #Brain #Consciousness #Universe

Load More...