en Fender Princeton AA964 Blackface from ’64 or ’65

Updated on February 23, 2020 | 262 Views all
0 on February 23, 2020

haven’t checked the serial nubmber. it just looks came from between 1964 to 1965. someone added an extra diode on the original one. but the original diode works fine without it. more than one component have replaced at some point.

the output level is too low and I guess it’s the filiter caps. it has 20+20+20+20uf 450v multi cap.

• Liked by

Be the first to post a comment.

Loading more replies
  • en Mungo Jerry – In The Summertime ORIGINAL 1970

• This video clip was made in 1970, and is the original Mungo Jerry line up that recorded In The Summertime, this is not to be confused with the version that h…

Load More...
  • en wisdom in the color of white

• sometimes, words are like the windows through the history and culture. now I see why we keep seeing the white witches and wizards who are the symbols of wisdom on the movies. and why we have the similar names from the western culture. 

Load More...
  • en Yokomo CVD bones

• This post would be a help. but it seems impossible to get them unless you guys push MIP to make them again.

Yokomo YZ10, Works, and 870C universal drives info

it’s the basic info for Yokomo CVD bones
    ’94 YZ10 front CVD bone 84mm
    ’94 YZ10 rear CVD bone 79mm
    MX4 rear CVD bone 79mm

Kysho RB5/RB6 70mm CVD bones work for 870C F/R

MX4 rear bone works with ’94 YZ10 rear. and, Works F/R
    ’94 YZ10 rear bone works with Works F/R. and, for 870C front wide setup
    Bj4 front bone doesn’t work for Yokomo diff cups

’94 YZ10 front

from the top, MX4 Rear / ’94 YZ10 Rear / Jconcpets BJ4 front.

the length are identical to each other. but the head pins are not. I’ve tried more CVD bones from AE and Losi. and all the US brand CVD bones have bigger head pins which don’t fit Yokomo diff cups

While the length is identical, Bj4 CVD bone don’t work for Yokomo diff cups

’94 yz10 cvd bones go deep inside of the diff

MX4 bones have longer head pins. it’s fine except for 870C

870C front wide setup with ’94 YZ10 CVD

Load More...
  • en 50’s and 60’s Fender Champ 8″ speakers

• all the 5F1 champ around me have Oxford 8EV speakers and they seemed to have Jensen P8T as well. found one from CTS which sounds like the stock Oxford. they are 4 ohm impedance and DCR is mostly 3.2 ohm

I’m not sure with new and doped speakers but old, broken in and sometimes brittle speakers sound way better with edge doping in every aspect to me. it’s like a having a good preamp tube in vintage tweed amps

it’s an Oxford from ’59 Champ along with one from 62’s. the cone went yellow and I guess it was in a place with carbon monoxide gas around. both has doped in the end

and 60’s Ceramic speaker from Oxford. and another one from CTS. this CTS is not Fender stock but sounds pretty much like the stock speakers.

Load More...
  • en don’t want this but still interesting

• Barbie is getting a David Bowie Makeover. This Barbie x David Bowie Doll is a part of the Gold Label Collection.

Load More...
  • en Two Beautiful cars

•  

On this episode of Head 2 Head, Automobile Magazine’s Jason Cammisa rekindles a classic European sports sedan battle, pitting the legendary BMW E30 M3 agains…

#BMW #E30 #W201 #190E

Load More...
  • en Awsome STRANGER THINGS projection on house

• visit our website: https://www.digitalpressworks.com We added this to our projection mapping show for Halloween! A view from the sidewalk in front of our house

Load More...
  • en 834b shelfer part II

• I grabbed this part lot off ebay. only what I need are the pulley bag. but the rest of them could be spare or could be a start for a new project.

the most important parts in this lot is this pulley bag. i used to have ZB-40 for rigid belt drive before. this ZB-40N is for the torque limiter setup.

NIB parts are getting hard to find everyday. I need more arms, c hubs, and steering knuckles always

new chain, very rare front oneway axles, rear dogbones, and steering linkage

put my favorite Yokomo decal on the wing. and i need to cut 1/2 inch on the front side of this wing. thanks to my friends for the parts and help again

and more pics for electronics. Novak 4 middle of restoring and my clean NER-3FM. i’ve been running with this receiver for years while the FM antennas are getting disappear on the track.

and Delta diff outdrives will be added soon. I’m after Delta slipper clutch as well.

[Update – 6th April 2013]

Delta outdrives have been installed along with Delta thrust bearing few weeks ago.

and please check this. you’ll see some nice wheels for 834B soon

Load More...
  • en Belden E3462-C cord makes my tweed amps dead quiet

• needed a longer AC cord for my 5D3 and tried E3462-C cord. this cord noticeably reduces noise even while it has more amps and computers share the same AC and audio source.

then I replaced all the AC cord with this for my tweed amps. the most dramatic change comes to ’59 5F1 which was quiet alone but it cannot be hooked up with AB box. even 60hz hum was loud when it shared the same AC power source without AB box. ground lift didn’t work either. it just shifted the noise frequency

this seller has the cable. but, only one of three was correct. two of them were E3462 without C. they are metal shielded and the noise was louder than 2 prong cord.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-CPU-Power-Cord-Cable-SVT-E-3462-C-LL-30830/253801406241

found another seller had the correct cable. and finally all of my tweed amps are dead quiet at any circumstance with E3462-C. even there is no difference between the original and modern 5F1 with or without the center tab.

and this typical ac cord wasn’t that bad for 5D3 but there is a huge difference with 5F1. E3462-C is still way better for 5D3 as well.

Load More...
  • en 5D3 tweed deluxe with the factory original P12R

• my jenen P12R came back from the re-cone job at my local speaker repair shop. this new cone I got off ebay doesn’t look like the original as I expected. but it still sounds very close to my silver P12R speaker came from the friend who gave me this P12R. 

50’s Jensen P12R restoration has begun

this tweed deluxe 5D3 came from December 1954. and the speaker came from a ’54 5C3. the date code one the speaker is 1953. they are like a family. 

it’s not easy to pick only one speaker for my tweed deluxe so far. P12n is a great sounding speaker with it’s chime and volume. but I want a jensen which is crispy at the lower volume. maybe the bell cover doesn’t affect the sound. but me and the friends tested two different jensen p12r came from the same era. and the result was different at low volume in 5C3. and most of all, p12r looks way better with the bell. 

it sounds really good with it’s look. even I like that red safety sticker on the bell. 

#fender #tweed #5d3 #p12r #12n

Load More...