Updated on April 28, 2019 | 1738 Views all
15 on April 22, 2019

• Liked by
  • 59burst
  • OnceMoonwalked

Be the first to post a comment.

Add a comment

1 on April 22, 2019

Great video! You probably know this blog already: http://officialfender.tumblr.com/

on April 22, 2019

no I don’t. it looks good tho

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
3 on April 22, 2019
on April 23, 2019

I really like those vintage ads. They are often much better than those, they release nowadays.

on April 24, 2019

my favorite one 

on April 24, 2019

They should reissue such posters as special print.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
2 on April 22, 2019

any Gibson guys here?

https://youtu.be/uVU86GGV07A?t=384

Step inside Gibson’s Memphis guitar factory in this all access tour of the Gibson Beale Street Showcase. Scheduler, Purchaser, Expeditor, et al. Jason Dawson…

on April 23, 2019

Would be bad if there were no Gibson’s guitar fanatics among us. 😂

on April 24, 2019
Cream – Sunshine Of Your Love live at Royal Albert Hall, London. November 26th, 1968 1 of 11 “Farewell Concert” is the live recording of the Cream’s final co…

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
5 on April 25, 2019

What are people’s opinion about other guitar manufacturers aside of Gibso, Fender, Yamaha or Ibanez?

on April 25, 2019

they simply like the guitars they like. guitars are like the girls to the boys

on April 26, 2019
on April 27, 2019

What would be a good E-guitar for beginners to start with? Any suggestions?

on April 27, 2019

probably 10 different answers from 10 different people I guess. my suggestion starts from a simple structure.

try Fender player telecaster or stratocaster on ebay. MJT could be an affordable option. and keep away from Squire.

on April 28, 2019

Cool! Thanks for the feedback.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
Loading more replies
  • en fender blackface deluxe reverb 1965 amp, chassis pics

• I’ve found this amp on reverb for a friend. he was in search of a Deluxe Reverb for a while then I came across this on a month ago.

I wanted to get him one with the original components and the speaker. it had an ugly red speaker when it came to me. and we were lucky to find the original Jensen C12Q with a like-new cone. the cones are the characters more than the magnet to me.

the speaker came from ’66 fender amp. it’s period correct and sounds great after my speaker tech re-glue the voice coil and damper. there was a play between the frame and the magnet. he fixed it of course. I love vintage C12Q as much as vintage Jensen P12Q and P12N

Load More...
  • en NPN Germanium transistor list for Fuzz pedals

• My interest in fuzz pedal came from JMI Tone Bender III reissue which belongs to a friend. this pedal has 3 of OC75 glass tube transistors.

And, unfortunately, My Sola Sound Bum Fuzz came with 3 of NPN transistors while OC75 is PNP type. then found this web page with germanium and silicone transistor lists

http://vintageradio.me.uk/info/radiocon_data_trans.htm

There are 26 of germanium NPN transistors from the data sheets

ASY28, ASY29

2N388, 2N388A

2N1302, 2N1304, 2N1306, 2N1308,

OC139, OC140, OC141

AD161

AC187

NKT713, NKT773, NKT774, NKT781

2SD72

Black glass tube NPN transistors are OC139, OC140, OC141 from them.

OC75 is like this according to this web page on alltransistors.com

Type Designator: OC75 (PNP)

Maximum Collector Power Dissipation (Pc): 0.125 W

Maximum Collector-Base Voltage |Vcb|: 20 V

Maximum Collector-Emitter Voltage |Vce|: 20 V

Maximum Emitter-Base Voltage |Veb|: 10 V

Maximum Collector Current |Ic max|: 0.01 A

Transition Frequency (ft): 0.1 MHz

Collector Capacitance (Cc): 50 pF

Forward Current Transfer Ratio (hFE), MIN: 55

And, for OC139, OC140 is

Vcb: 20 V / 20 V

Vce: 20 V / 20V

Forward Current Transfer Ratio (hFE), MIN: 40 / 75

I’m going to try OC139. simply beccause, OC139 is cheaper than OC140 on ebay. and I’m wondering how Transition Frequency differences work with Fuzz. I’ll update in a few weeks

Load More...
  • en one beautiful tweed deluxe 5C3 came from Feb. 1955

• it’s one of the tweed amps led me to this tweed world. it’s typical 5C3 with two of 6sc7

Load More...
  • en Fender – Jensen speaker phase were reversed in 50’s tweed amps

• I just tried 9V battery trick for 50’s Fender Champ 5F1 and Deluxe 5D3. and the speaker wiring turned out being reversed. both of them still have the factory wiring.

And, both of them move backward (to the magnets) when they wired 9V + to the white wire, and – pole to the black wire.

They mostly say there is no absolute speaker phase unless they are in the same cabinet. at the same time, many people say the speaker cones move forward when they hooked up in the right direction with 9V battery.

Fortunately, 9V battery didn’t kill my 8″ Champ speaker, nor 12″ Deluxe speaker. but I’ve read some cases this trick killed their speakers.

I’m not sure with 50’s and 60’s Jensen speaker’s correct phase. but, I started to believe Fender hooked them up this way. I’ve seen only 2 cases. and will update if I come across any Jensen speaker with different phase.

Load More...
  • en inside of Wem Pepbox rush from British Pedal Company

• I see two of ACY41 germanium transistors on the board.

Grabbed this off ebay for a great price. two hundred something in USD. it sounds great and quite different than my Bum fuzz and old Sola Sound fuzz pedal a friend has.

but, it has an issue. it rattles on high level. I’m sending back this back to British Pedal Company. 

Load More...
  • en Multifandom | Can’t Hold Us

• THE GIRL THAT SAY “HELLO” AT 00:03 IS FROM “GOTHAM” ● HD IS BETTER ; That remix is fuck I needed to edit it, sorry the black border more gave a charm -q ‘ Im…
    Load More...
  • en Blackface Champ AA764 pics

• BF champ AA764

the voicing of stock 8″ speaker is quite different to 50’s Oxford 8EV. I guess this stock speaker came from Oxford as well but I could be wrong.

I replaced the stock 25uf 25v power tube cathode bypass cap to 47uf.

it came with stock Amperex buggle boy which is still alive and kicking and GE 6v6gt. only the rectifier tube has replaced at some point.

stock speaker is on the right side.

Load More...
  • en tweed princeton 5D2 came back to life

• I came across this tweed princeton a couple of days ago. it had more than few issues with the pots, electrolytic caps, wires, grounding, input jacks and one of the resistors.

and it sounds beautiful like a win instrument with the new components.

Load More...
  • en Got ink?

• Researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and Harvard Medical School have teamed to develop a novel tattoo ink that can show your body’s health changes.

The novel ink consists of biosensors that react to changes in the tissue fluid and make the skin an “interactive display”. So far, researchers have investigated four biosensors that respond to three types of body information, changing their colors.

As the pH-value increases, the color changes from violet to pink, an increasing sodium content is seen as a bright green under UV light, and blue becomes brown when the glucose level increases.

This animation from a video of the researchers shows how such a tattoo might look like:

Especially for diabetics, a tattoo with ink that reacts to an altered glucose level could be useful. They have to prick their finger with a small needle if they want to measure their blood sugar level – usually several times a day. This procedure can be painful in the long run and can lead to small scars.

You can read more about this innovative technology here: https://www.media.mit.edu/projects/d-Abyss/overview/

#BioChemistry #MedicalScience #Innovations #People #Tattoo

Load More...
  • en FLASHBACK FRIDAY: The Successes of Yokomo – LiveRC

• Many new generation R/C car racers recognize Yokomo for making its name after Ryan Maifield won the 2017 IFMAR World Championships in both 2wd and 4wd, but little do they know, Yokomo has been winning races around the globe for over 30 years. For this week’s Flashback Friday we revisit some of Yokomo’s earliest successes in the world of off-road.

Load More...