Updated on April 28, 2019 | 713 Views all
15 on April 22, 2019

• Liked by
  • 59burst
  • OnceMoonwalked

Be the first to post a comment.

Add a comment

1 on April 22, 2019

Great video! You probably know this blog already: http://officialfender.tumblr.com/

on April 22, 2019

no I don’t. it looks good tho

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
3 on April 22, 2019
on April 23, 2019

I really like those vintage ads. They are often much better than those, they release nowadays.

on April 24, 2019

my favorite one 

on April 24, 2019

They should reissue such posters as special print.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
2 on April 22, 2019

any Gibson guys here?

https://youtu.be/uVU86GGV07A?t=384

Step inside Gibson’s Memphis guitar factory in this all access tour of the Gibson Beale Street Showcase. Scheduler, Purchaser, Expeditor, et al. Jason Dawson…

on April 23, 2019

Would be bad if there were no Gibson’s guitar fanatics among us. 😂

on April 24, 2019
Cream – Sunshine Of Your Love live at Royal Albert Hall, London. November 26th, 1968 1 of 11 “Farewell Concert” is the live recording of the Cream’s final co…

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
5 on April 25, 2019

What are people’s opinion about other guitar manufacturers aside of Gibso, Fender, Yamaha or Ibanez?

on April 25, 2019

they simply like the guitars they like. guitars are like the girls to the boys

on April 26, 2019
on April 27, 2019

What would be a good E-guitar for beginners to start with? Any suggestions?

on April 27, 2019

probably 10 different answers from 10 different people I guess. my suggestion starts from a simple structure.

try Fender player telecaster or stratocaster on ebay. MJT could be an affordable option. and keep away from Squire.

on April 28, 2019

Cool! Thanks for the feedback.

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
Loading more replies
  • en Astron minimite dry electrolytic capacitors

•  

it’s my tweed deluxe 5d3 with Astron cap paper sleeves with Sprague caps inside. TE-1207 for 25uf 25V. and, 16uf 475V for 16uf 450V. I’m still after one more Astron 16uf 450V cap or sleeve. but even dead astron caps are not cheap on ebay. I tried it but the ending price went way further than I expected.

this 5d3 is getting closer to the original shape with the restuff filter caps. the correct switchcraft 1/4 phone plug and 18awg Gaviitt cloth wire are coming to me as well.

Load More...
  • en How it all ends. Maybe.

• “Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate to say that for destruction ice Is also great and would suffice.” Robert Frost (1874-1963)

The end of the world may come slowly, but it’s inevitable. Our sun, exhausting the hydrogen-fuel of the core, will successively burn the outer layers and doing so becoming hotter and expanding in size. In estimated 7,59 billion years a red giant will engulf the earth – or whatever still be left over of the once blue planet.

Already in 1,6 billion years the hotter sun will evaporate the oceans, and plate tectonics, whiteout enough water acting as lubricant in subduction zones, will stop. Without plate tectonics erosion will become a dominant factor. The increased radiation of sun will modify the chemical composition of earth’s atmosphere. The light hydrogen will also “evaporate” into space and the heavy oxygen will accumulate on the surface of earth. In this denser atmosphere rare, but strong, rainstorms will cause large mudflows in the last mountain ranges. Mountains will be eroded and basins filled with sediments and earth’s surface will become a plain desert. The iron in the sediments will react with the oxygen and earth’s colors will change into a permanent red, like planet Mars today. In the dense atmosphere temperatures will still rise, dissolving gypsum and other sulphur-bearing rocks. The free sulphur will react with the traces of vapor left in the atmosphere and it will rain sulphuric acid from earth’s sky.

In 7,5 billion years the expanding sun will gravitationally lock earth and one side will now face always towards sun. In the sunny side the temperature of earth’s surface will rise to 2.200°C, on the dark side of earth the temperature, without an isolating atmosphere, could plunge to -240°. Basalt, one of the most common rocks on earth, melts at 1.100-1.200°C, on the sunshine side it will be so hot that a molten magma-ocean forms… and it will start to evaporate. Between the hot side and cool side of earth the evaporated elements, like iron and silica, will form rain and like today snowflakes form a landscape composed of snow, iron- sodium-, magnesium- and potassium-flakes will form an eerie landscape composed of these elements. Rock-glaciers will descend from the mountains to the shores and icebergs of rock will float into the magma-ocean.

Excerpt – Read the complete article here: https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/history-of-geology/how-it-all-ends-8230/

Load More...
  • en inside of Wem Pepbox rush from British Pedal Company

• I see two of ACY41 germanium transistors on the board.

Grabbed this off ebay for a great price. two hundred something in USD. it sounds great and quite different than my Bum fuzz and old Sola Sound fuzz pedal a friend has.

but, it has an issue. it rattles on high level. I’m sending back this back to British Pedal Company. 

Load More...
  • en wisdom in the color of white

• sometimes, words are like the windows through the history and culture. now I see why we keep seeing the white witches and wizards who are the symbols of wisdom on the movies. and why we have the similar names from the western culture. 

Load More...
  • en Mungo Jerry – In The Summertime ORIGINAL 1970

• This video clip was made in 1970, and is the original Mungo Jerry line up that recorded In The Summertime, this is not to be confused with the version that h…

Load More...
  • en fender factory tour 1959

•  

Load More...
  • en Fender tweed deluxe 5D3 b+ voltage with a few different rectifier tubes

• 377V with Bendix 6106 5y3wgt which has purchased as NOS and less than 1 year old

366V with Hytron 5y3wgt which is many many years old

369V with GE 5y3gt less than 1 year old

393V with GE 5v4g which I purchased as NOS and less than 1 year old

396V with RCA 5v4g as NOS and less than 1 year old

370V with another Bendix I have purchased as slightly used condition a couple of months ago

btw, I recently scored this Bendix for $25 off ebay. but it just killed my 5F1’s fuse and the B+ is only 266V with 5D3. not every single Bendix lasts like forever

and, figured out why I had 60hz hum with this 5v4g. this one shows only 307v. I’m going to update the 5v4g thread

Load More...
  • en NPN Germanium transistor list for Fuzz pedals

• My interest in fuzz pedal came from JMI Tone Bender III reissue which belongs to a friend. this pedal has 3 of OC75 glass tube transistors.

And, unfortunately, My Sola Sound Bum Fuzz came with 3 of NPN transistors while OC75 is PNP type. then found this web page with germanium and silicone transistor lists

http://vintageradio.me.uk/info/radiocon_data_trans.htm

There are 26 of germanium NPN transistors from the data sheets

ASY28, ASY29

2N388, 2N388A

2N1302, 2N1304, 2N1306, 2N1308,

OC139, OC140, OC141

AD161

AC187

NKT713, NKT773, NKT774, NKT781

2SD72

Black glass tube NPN transistors are OC139, OC140, OC141 from them.

OC75 is like this according to this web page on alltransistors.com

Type Designator: OC75 (PNP)

Maximum Collector Power Dissipation (Pc): 0.125 W

Maximum Collector-Base Voltage |Vcb|: 20 V

Maximum Collector-Emitter Voltage |Vce|: 20 V

Maximum Emitter-Base Voltage |Veb|: 10 V

Maximum Collector Current |Ic max|: 0.01 A

Transition Frequency (ft): 0.1 MHz

Collector Capacitance (Cc): 50 pF

Forward Current Transfer Ratio (hFE), MIN: 55

And, for OC139, OC140 is

Vcb: 20 V / 20 V

Vce: 20 V / 20V

Forward Current Transfer Ratio (hFE), MIN: 40 / 75

I’m going to try OC139. simply beccause, OC139 is cheaper than OC140 on ebay. and I’m wondering how Transition Frequency differences work with Fuzz. I’ll update in a few weeks

Load More...
  • en SU.SG Hosting logo design

• Load More...
  • en Static electricity could charge our electronics.

• Unhappy with the life of your smartphone battery? Thought so. Help could be on the way from one of the most common, yet poorly understood, forms of power generation: static electricity.

(Image credit: Schlueter/Getty)

“Nearly everyone has zapped their finger on a doorknob or seen child’s hair stick to a balloon. To incorporate this energy into our electronics, we must better understand the driving forces behind it,” says James Chen, PhD, assistant professor in the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering in the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences at the University at Buffalo.

Chen is a co-author of a study in the December issue of the Journal of Electrostatics that suggests the cause of this hair-raising phenomenon is tiny structural changes that occur at the surface of materials when they come into contact with each other.

The finding could ultimately help technology companies create more sustainable and longer-lasting power sources for small electronic devices.

Supported by a $400,000 National Science Foundation grant, Chen and Zayd Leseman, PhD, associate professor of mechanical and nuclear engineering at Kansas State University, are conducting research on the triboelectric effect, a phenomenon wherein one material becomes electrically charged after it contacts a different material through friction.

The triboelectric effect has been known since ancient times, but the tools for understanding and applying it have only become available recently due to the advent of nanotechnology.

“The idea our study presents directly answers this ancient mystery, and it has the potential to unify the existing theory. The numerical results are consistent with the published experimental observations,” says Chen.

The research Chen and Leseman conduct is a mix of disciplines, including contact mechanics, solid mechanics, materials science, electrical engineering and manufacturing. With computer models and physical experiments, they are engineering triboelectric nanogenerators (TENGs), which are capable of controlling and harvesting static electricity.

“The friction between your fingers and your smartphone screen. The friction between your wrist and smartwatch. Even the friction between your shoe and the ground. These are great potential sources of energy that we can to tap into,” Chen says. “Ultimately, this research can increase our economic security and help society by reducing our need for conventional sources of power.”

As part of the grant, Chen has worked with UB undergraduate students, as well as high school students at the Health Sciences Charter School in Buffalo, to promote science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education.

Source: http://www.buffalo.edu/news/releases/2019/01/024.html

#Sustainability #Engineering #Science #World #Future

Load More...