en Fender custom shop 57 Champ with vintage Speaker

Updated on January 28, 2020 | 281 Views all
2 on January 28, 2020

I’m trying CTS 8″ 4ohm speaker which looks and sounds pretty close to Jensen P8T. even it sounds like my stock Oxford 8EV speakers. actually it’s better with this great condition

the filter caps are 33uf+10uf+10uf from Philips Holland factory. and replaced the power tube cathode bypass cap with 47uf to tame the midrange and bass. I like this setup and this vintage CTS 8″ sounds more like my vintage P12R and P12Q.

it’s a huge upgrade while my friend is getting his own vintage speaker. he is working on a P8U frame with recent cone which is close to the original cone.

I tried recent Mallory 150P, Jupiter yellow caps made after Astron blue point. and the final setup is Roederstein .022uf 630v caps.

the stock speaker from Weber is not bad while the breakup threshold is way different. but it still sounds good to me. and it seems to take a while to break in.

• Liked by

Be the first to post a comment.

0 on January 28, 2020
all the 5F1 champ around me have Oxford 8EV speakers and they seemed to have Jensen P8T as well. found one from CTS which sounds like the stock Oxford. they are 4 ohm impedance and DCR is mostly 3.2 ohm I’m not sure with new and doped speakers but old, broken in and sometimes brittle …

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on January 28, 2020

I see something addictive with 8″ alnico speakers. they have a character they are sharing

• Liked by
Cancel
Loading more replies