en Fender custom shop 57 Champ with vintage Speaker

Updated on January 28, 2020 | 438 Views all
2 on January 28, 2020

I’m trying CTS 8″ 4ohm speaker which looks and sounds pretty close to Jensen P8T. even it sounds like my stock Oxford 8EV speakers. actually it’s better with this great condition

the filter caps are 33uf+10uf+10uf from Philips Holland factory. and replaced the power tube cathode bypass cap with 47uf to tame the midrange and bass. I like this setup and this vintage CTS 8″ sounds more like my vintage P12R and P12Q.

it’s a huge upgrade while my friend is getting his own vintage speaker. he is working on a P8U frame with recent cone which is close to the original cone.

I tried recent Mallory 150P, Jupiter yellow caps made after Astron blue point. and the final setup is Roederstein .022uf 630v caps.

the stock speaker from Weber is not bad while the breakup threshold is way different. but it still sounds good to me. and it seems to take a while to break in.

• Liked by

Be the first to post a comment.

0 on January 28, 2020
all the 5F1 champ around me have Oxford 8EV speakers and they seemed to have Jensen P8T as well. found one from CTS which sounds like the stock Oxford. they are 4 ohm impedance and DCR is mostly 3.2 ohm I’m not sure with new and doped speakers but old, broken in and sometimes brittle …

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on January 28, 2020

I see something addictive with 8″ alnico speakers. they have a character they are sharing

• Liked by
Cancel
Loading more replies
  • en fender factory tour 1959

•  

Load More...
  • en Jconcepts BJ4 went to retro – update

• This update has done a couple of years ago. and, I noticed I haven’t updated the pictures. here they are

And, the leftover stock parts from BJ4 and B44

#BJ4 #Jconcepts #B44 

Load More...
  • en Fender Blackface Vibrolux Reverb amp chassis pics

• had a chance to check out the chassis. Blackface and Silverface amps are far from my taste but people around me have lots of them. and I’m getting into them.

Load More...
  • en Two Beautiful cars

•  

On this episode of Head 2 Head, Automobile Magazine’s Jason Cammisa rekindles a classic European sports sedan battle, pitting the legendary BMW E30 M3 agains…

#BMW #E30 #W201 #190E

Load More...
  • en this CTS 1M potentiometer w/spst switch looks right for 5F1

• Never used. Nylion shaft – no washers or nuts. 1377940 600-01-33. AUDIO Taper 10% at center position. Lot of 10.

Load More...
  • en The next big IPO is just around the corner?

• Beyond Meat is going public. Investors are betting on a new future for food. Plant-based meat products might fix our food system.

Beyond Meat, the plant-based meat company, is going public next week. The company sells burgers that contain no meat, but taste like they do. Its stated goal is to fix our food system. Its initial public offering (IPO) is the latest sign that alt-meat is going mainstream – and that’s a big deal.

It’s been a good few years for Beyond Meat. National chains including Del Taco, Carl’s Jr., and T.G.I. Friday’s have started carrying their products. They’ve also found their way onto grocery store shelves at Whole Foods, Kroger, and Target. In total, Beyond Meat says its products are available in more than 35,000 outlets, from hotels and college campuses to grocery stores and sports stadiums. Sales have been growing fast – last year the company reported revenues of $87.9 million, up from $32.6 million in 2017.

(Excerpt – To read the full article click the link above.)

#Futurology #Technology #Humanity #Development #Sustainability

Your opinions to this topic are welcome.

Load More...
  • en Jake’s Design Thread

• Load More...
  • en a replacement for #47 bulb – #239

• I’ve been using this 239 bulb after the factory GE #47 bulb went dead. 239 is same 6.3V and the bayonet base is identical to #47. mine came from Westinghouse as I remember. and found more from Tung-sol, Sylvania, Chicago Miniature, and more

239 rated 2.268 watt while 47 is 0.945 watt according to this web page. I’m wondering if I can go with this bulb. but didn’t have an issue yet

https://www.bulbtown.com/6_2_VOLT_LIGHT_BULBS_s/380.htm

and there are sellers have #1847 which is the long-life version of #47 on ebay. even their pricing are fair. it’s a thread about #47 and #1847

https://www.antiqueradios.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=145938

Load More...
  • en Is cloud gaming the future of online video games?

• French start-up Blade thinks it has what it takes to succeed in the space. Its cloud gaming service, Shadow, aims to bring the experience of playing a powerful gaming PC to any device, be it a laptop, tablet, phone, or smart TV. Blade’s goal for “Shadow” is substantially more ambitious than any of its peers. Rather than creating a service that delivers content, it wants to replace your console or gaming PC entirely. Booting up Shadow serves you a virtual Windows machine, which you can use to play your games on Steam, Origin, Humble, and Itch.io. The games purchased by yours, and yours to keep, from the standard storefronts. Your Shadow machine is just like any computer you’d own, except you can access it on any device for which Blade has created a client, including Macs, PCs, iOS, and Android devices. Shadow also works directly on Sony smart TVs through an Android client, and a client for Tizen-based Samsung smart TVs is on the way.

The goal of all this is bold, yet simple. Blade wants to make the home PC obsolete. You can find more informations on their website:

Load More...
  • en fender tweed champ 5F1 1956 with 6 inch speaker

• this 6″ speaker has the model name 6EV on it. I guess it’s Oxford from the 6EV. Oxford 8″ was 8EV-29 .

this Champ had some noise issue even without any input signal. it came from oxidation and fixed instantly with EML contact cleaner. I don’t use the infamous Dexoit anymore. the residue from Dexoit caused some problem on the vintage cloth pushback wires. EML is still the best for tube pins, input and output jacks and plugs, and potentiometers so far.

the filter caps were alive but the volume level was too law and didn’t sound like a Champ. this Champ sounds getting alive while the new caps are broken in already. the replacement is 33uf+10uf+10uf like my old Champ amps.

the texture was nice with GE black plate 575. but turned out it sounds great, I mean more like the Champ sound with RCA black long plate 12ax7 from late 50’s. I prefer 8 inch speakers but this 6 inch Oxford still sings 

Load More...