en fender blackface deluxe reverb 1965 amp, chassis pics

Updated on January 30, 2020 | 538 Views all
2 on January 30, 2020

I’ve found this amp on reverb for a friend. he was in search of a Deluxe Reverb for a while then I came across this on a month ago.

I wanted to get him one with the original components and the speaker. it had an ugly red speaker when it came to me. and we were lucky to find the original Jensen C12Q with a like-new cone. the cones are the characters more than the magnet to me.

the speaker came from ’66 fender amp. it’s period correct and sounds great after my speaker tech re-glue the voice coil and damper. there was a play between the frame and the magnet. he fixed it of course. I love vintage C12Q as much as vintage Jensen P12Q and P12N

• Liked by

Be the first to post a comment.

0 on January 30, 2020

this Deluxe Reverb worked somehow but one of them went dead and two of them were on the same way. and the wires around them were not safe from the dead cap.

dug out these 80’s and 90’s Sprague caps. they are 20uf 500v, 20uf 450v, and 16uf 450v. and replaced the original caps with them

I don’t want to replace the cathode bypass caps. they can sound brittle after replacing the filter caps. but they will be fine in a couple of hours or maybe days. even these new caps could make some noise right after the replacement but everything will go fine and fixed. it’s a good idea leaving the amp turned on without any input over a night or two

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on January 30, 2020

it sounds amazing with this original Jensen C12Q. we are enjoying 60’s Fender sound at this year 2020.

• Liked by
Cancel
Loading more replies
  • en don’t want this but still interesting

• Barbie is getting a David Bowie Makeover. This Barbie x David Bowie Doll is a part of the Gold Label Collection.

Load More...
  • en an useful miniature tube puller from an ebay tube seller

• purchased  Adzam branded Heerlen 12ax7 and Brussels 6v6gt from from this ebay seller. they were NOS and the pricing was very good indeed.

https://www.ebay.com/str/euro-moments?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

he sent me this tube puller. this silicon tool designed to grab the preamp tubes and the the tubes like EL84. you still need to hold the tube using this puller. and it feels easy may protect the letters on the tube

Load More...
  • en e46 and other old BMW in music videos

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3JGxj2rvAs

I Follow Rivers – Lykke Li

you can found e46 at 0:12, actually i’m not sure that is really e46 but at least it is almost same :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJnQBXmZ7Ek

twenty one pilots – Chlorine

you can found e46 at 2:17 in this video, idk why but that back lights is black covered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3bfa3DZ8JM

Khalid – Better

this one is absolutely not e46, but it still looks rare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApXoWvfEYVU

Post Malone, Swae Lee – Sunflower

not e46, but similar one. 0:12 and 0:53

Load More...
  • en fender tweed champ 5F1 1956 with 6 inch speaker

• this 6″ speaker has the model name 6EV on it. I guess it’s Oxford from the 6EV. Oxford 8″ was 8EV-29 .

this Champ had some noise issue even without any input signal. it came from oxidation and fixed instantly with EML contact cleaner. I don’t use the infamous Dexoit anymore. the residue from Dexoit caused some problem on the vintage cloth pushback wires. EML is still the best for tube pins, input and output jacks and plugs, and potentiometers so far.

the filter caps were alive but the volume level was too law and didn’t sound like a Champ. this Champ sounds getting alive while the new caps are broken in already. the replacement is 33uf+10uf+10uf like my old Champ amps.

the texture was nice with GE black plate 575. but turned out it sounds great, I mean more like the Champ sound with RCA black long plate 12ax7 from late 50’s. I prefer 8 inch speakers but this 6 inch Oxford still sings 

Load More...
  • en Elliot Mechanics – Mechanicland Strat Neck pictures

• got this brazilian strat neck a couple of years ago. it has refinished before. unfortunately, it’s urethan finish on it.  it still ages well though.

trussrod nut and the decal have replaced at 90’s by the owner before me. and I don’t think this Mechanicland neck came with the decal. the decal on the head is definitely a aftermarket product. and it looks funny a bit

everything else is great with this beautiful with brazilian fretboard. and, sounds stunning along with this light ash (not swamp ash) body

#mechanicland #strat #brazilian

Load More...
  • en 40’s Ken-Rad 6v6GT/G is louder than RCA, GE, Sylvania 6v6GT

• while my 5F1 project is not loud enough with Jensen 10J11 speaker, I tried a few different 6v6 tubes for the last few days.

I noticed Ken-Rad 6v6GT/G tubes are louder than the other tubes. and the texture with this tube is acoustic and strong. 

I don’t see the difference between RCA, GE, and Sylvania 6v6gt tubes that much. GE Canada 6v6GT is a bit brighter than 50’s stock tweed RCA and 60’s Sylvania but, Ken-Rad 6v6GT/G sounds way different to them

Load More...
  • en 3.5mm 1/8″ to 1/4″ TRS plug adapter – $1 vs. $10 Sennheiser

• didn’t expect any noticeable difference between them. but there are actually. Sennheiser 1/8″ to 1/4″ phone plug adapter sounds way better

Load More...
  • en The next big IPO is just around the corner?

• Beyond Meat is going public. Investors are betting on a new future for food. Plant-based meat products might fix our food system.

Beyond Meat, the plant-based meat company, is going public next week. The company sells burgers that contain no meat, but taste like they do. Its stated goal is to fix our food system. Its initial public offering (IPO) is the latest sign that alt-meat is going mainstream – and that’s a big deal.

It’s been a good few years for Beyond Meat. National chains including Del Taco, Carl’s Jr., and T.G.I. Friday’s have started carrying their products. They’ve also found their way onto grocery store shelves at Whole Foods, Kroger, and Target. In total, Beyond Meat says its products are available in more than 35,000 outlets, from hotels and college campuses to grocery stores and sports stadiums. Sales have been growing fast – last year the company reported revenues of $87.9 million, up from $32.6 million in 2017.

(Excerpt – To read the full article click the link above.)

#Futurology #Technology #Humanity #Development #Sustainability

Your opinions to this topic are welcome.

Load More...
  • en gibson les paul junior DC ’83

• i’ve got this les paul tv yellow a couple of weeks ago.

it has very nice tone saturation and the ranges of volume control.

very simple control with playability, of course the design is simple too.

i checked the serial number as I learned through the wikipedia. it has made at ’83 when gibson company shifted kalamazoo to nashville before they established historic / customshop line.

replaced the stock ceramic cap with sprague black beauty capacitor right after I got this beauty. and this les paul sounds way better than before with the sustain.

lucky strike it is.

Load More...
  • en NIKE x SACAI mid blazer

•  

Detailed look at the Sacai X Nike Blazer
    Price:$140

new shoes with shoes added to them

it looks a little messy, but it stands out even more through those perfect color combinations

Load More...