en fender blackface deluxe reverb 1965 amp, chassis pics

Updated on January 30, 2020 | 318 Views all
2 on January 30, 2020

I’ve found this amp on reverb for a friend. he was in search of a Deluxe Reverb for a while then I came across this on a month ago.

I wanted to get him one with the original components and the speaker. it had an ugly red speaker when it came to me. and we were lucky to find the original Jensen C12Q with a like-new cone. the cones are the characters more than the magnet to me.

the speaker came from ’66 fender amp. it’s period correct and sounds great after my speaker tech re-glue the voice coil and damper. there was a play between the frame and the magnet. he fixed it of course. I love vintage C12Q as much as vintage Jensen P12Q and P12N

• Liked by

Be the first to post a comment.

0 on January 30, 2020

this Deluxe Reverb worked somehow but one of them went dead and two of them were on the same way. and the wires around them were not safe from the dead cap.

dug out these 80’s and 90’s Sprague caps. they are 20uf 500v, 20uf 450v, and 16uf 450v. and replaced the original caps with them

I don’t want to replace the cathode bypass caps. they can sound brittle after replacing the filter caps. but they will be fine in a couple of hours or maybe days. even these new caps could make some noise right after the replacement but everything will go fine and fixed. it’s a good idea leaving the amp turned on without any input over a night or two

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on January 30, 2020

it sounds amazing with this original Jensen C12Q. we are enjoying 60’s Fender sound at this year 2020.

• Liked by
Cancel
Loading more replies
  • en Astron minimite dry electrolytic capacitors

•  

it’s my tweed deluxe 5d3 with Astron cap paper sleeves with Sprague caps inside. TE-1207 for 25uf 25V. and, 16uf 475V for 16uf 450V. I’m still after one more Astron 16uf 450V cap or sleeve. but even dead astron caps are not cheap on ebay. I tried it but the ending price went way further than I expected.

this 5d3 is getting closer to the original shape with the restuff filter caps. the correct switchcraft 1/4 phone plug and 18awg Gaviitt cloth wire are coming to me as well.

Load More...
  • en fender tweed champ 5F1 1956 with 6 inch speaker

• this 6″ speaker has the model name 6EV on it. I guess it’s Oxford from the 6EV. Oxford 8″ was 8EV-29 .

this Champ had some noise issue even without any input signal. it came from oxidation and fixed instantly with EML contact cleaner. I don’t use the infamous Dexoit anymore. the residue from Dexoit caused some problem on the vintage cloth pushback wires. EML is still the best for tube pins, input and output jacks and plugs, and potentiometers so far.

the filter caps were alive but the volume level was too law and didn’t sound like a Champ. this Champ sounds getting alive while the new caps are broken in already. the replacement is 33uf+10uf+10uf like my old Champ amps.

the texture was nice with GE black plate 575. but turned out it sounds great, I mean more like the Champ sound with RCA black long plate 12ax7 from late 50’s. I prefer 8 inch speakers but this 6 inch Oxford still sings 

Load More...
  • en an useful miniature tube puller from an ebay tube seller

• purchased  Adzam branded Heerlen 12ax7 and Brussels 6v6gt from from this ebay seller. they were NOS and the pricing was very good indeed.

https://www.ebay.com/str/euro-moments?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

he sent me this tube puller. this silicon tool designed to grab the preamp tubes and the the tubes like EL84. you still need to hold the tube using this puller. and it feels easy may protect the letters on the tube

Load More...
  • en Double standards over ideological confrontation

•  

It seems to be true that CJD patients really exist in Korea.

Otherwise, the fact that you can easily find out in a simple Google search in English cannot be denied unconditionally like religion.

It is more likely to cut my fingers and hands, which are frequently exposed to radiation during orthopaedic surgery, than to eat and die from seafood contaminated with Fukusima Daiichi radioactivity.

Everyday is really a series of shocks and sucks.

Load More...
  • en Fender tweed vibrolux 1958

• a friend recently got this amp. everything is original and still sounds good. it has voice coil rub but not that serious. even the filter caps are still alive

Load More...
  • en Pickguard on Joe Bonamassa signature Burst

• I believe Gibson and Wildwood put the same black plastic parts from his Custom Shop Goldtop Les Paul. while the plastic parts made after his original. the pickguard is different to all the Gibson’s like pre 2009 historic, post 2009 historic, and Gibson US version.

and, finally found the right one from Creamtone. they sent me their Absolute Vintage pickguard template. and every single detail is same except for the gap they made after the original 50’s pickguard.

I’ll update after we try this from Creamtone later

Load More...
  • en inside of Wem Pepbox rush from British Pedal Company

• I see two of ACY41 germanium transistors on the board.

Grabbed this off ebay for a great price. two hundred something in USD. it sounds great and quite different than my Bum fuzz and old Sola Sound fuzz pedal a friend has.

but, it has an issue. it rattles on high level. I’m sending back this back to British Pedal Company. 

Load More...
  • en don’t want this but still interesting

• Barbie is getting a David Bowie Makeover. This Barbie x David Bowie Doll is a part of the Gold Label Collection.

Load More...
  • en Found a nice humped leather handle on Reverb.com

• I keep checking out the the leather handles since I had some trouble with fender reissue.

two different leather handles from Fender. both don’t fit the old champ

the humped handle in the picture came from this company, Industrial Amps it looks very close to the original ones on fender tweed amps. but, the original seemed to have 3 layers. 

[udpate] it was 30 something dollars when I found it. and it’s now almost $50. 

https://reverb.com/item/9766162-classic-vintage-brown-leather-guitar-amp-handle-genuine-fender-amplifier-replacement-handl

Load More...
  • en i found the best album of my life

• @ I do not own the copyright to this recording so if it needs to be removed, I will remove it. If you like this album please buy it for the full experience. …

i found this album randomly. i was looking for something else and i clicked it because of thumbnail and i just surprised that  I could like this style of music

Load More...