en fender blackface deluxe reverb 1965 amp, chassis pics

Updated on January 30, 2020 | 135 Views all
2 on January 30, 2020

I’ve found this amp on reverb for a friend. he was in search of a Deluxe Reverb for a while then I came across this on a month ago.

I wanted to get him one with the original components and the speaker. it had an ugly red speaker when it came to me. and we were lucky to find the original Jensen C12Q with a like-new cone. the cones are the characters more than the magnet to me.

the speaker came from ’66 fender amp. it’s period correct and sounds great after my speaker tech re-glue the voice coil and damper. there was a play between the frame and the magnet. he fixed it of course. I love vintage C12Q as much as vintage Jensen P12Q and P12N

• Liked by

Be the first to post a comment.

0 on January 30, 2020

this Deluxe Reverb worked somehow but one of them went dead and two of them were on the same way. and the wires around them were not safe from the dead cap.

dug out these 80’s and 90’s Sprague caps. they are 20uf 500v, 20uf 450v, and 16uf 450v. and replaced the original caps with them

I don’t want to replace the cathode bypass caps. they can sound brittle after replacing the filter caps. but they will be fine in a couple of hours or maybe days. even these new caps could make some noise right after the replacement but everything will go fine and fixed. it’s a good idea leaving the amp turned on without any input over a night or two

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on January 30, 2020

it sounds amazing with this original Jensen C12Q. we are enjoying 60’s Fender sound at this year 2020.

• Liked by
Cancel
Loading more replies
  • en 50’s Switchcraft 1/4 black phone plugs

• this switchcraft black plastic plug looks always nice to me. especially with vintage Jensen speakers and tweed amps.

I recently noticed the material and the shape has changed through the years. I’m not sure with the exact timeline but, the first and second left ones look a bit older with the different shape of the end tips.

the first one on the left looks like the oldest brother. it’s the one for my 5D3 with P12Q now.

the next one came with 1953 tweed deluxe 5C3. the rest of them look like came from 60’s or 70’s production. I’m just guessing. I’m wondering when they started to put the nylon spacer not bakelite.

#switchcraft

Load More...
  • en 50’s Jensen P12R restoration has begun

• a close friend gave me his NOS or like new silver p12r speaker for my tweed deluxe 5d3 a few months ago. then I got me a P12N which I like for the last 15 years. 

but, I couldn’t help myself to search the original p12r with the bell. I mean p12r from the same era with the same color.

I dropped by his place a couple of days ago. he showed me this p12r pulled out of his 5C3 a while ago. it was the present for me and my 5d3. I ordered a speaker cone looked like the original even before I knew he had this. and I like the black switchcraft 1/4 plug which I’ve been after. 

Load More...
  • en JMP 1959 Super Lead 1971 with Rola blackback speaker cab

• took some pics at a friend’s place

cabinet

chassis

the circuit board

filter caps

Load More...
  • en i found the best album of my life

• @ I do not own the copyright to this recording so if it needs to be removed, I will remove it. If you like this album please buy it for the full experience. …

i found this album randomly. i was looking for something else and i clicked it because of thumbnail and i just surprised that  I could like this style of music

Load More...
  • en the only long plate 12ax7 I like with 5F1, Tung-Sol

• I’ve tried a few long plate 12ax7 tubes like black plate RCA, one of the common Telefunken, gray plate Sylvania with copper grid posts, and this one. Telefunken sounds great with 5D3 but ain’t good with my original and recent 5F1 amps.

this Tung Sol sounds like Telefunken with a modern 5F1 has Heyboer HTS-12005 PT. this PT’s B+ is over 400V with usual 5y3gt tubes. and this 12ax7 sounds great with the original 5F1 to me. grabbed off Reverb.com for $24

Load More...
  • en late 50’s Sprague bumble bee and black beauty caps

• all they are .022uf 400v Sprague caps from the same era. there were PIO and Mylar Black Beauty and Bumble Bee caps with the same model number 104263B

Load More...
  • en VHT standard 12 – a fat tweed deluxe 5e3 clone

• it’s getting better with some NOS caps and tubes. 50’s Jensen does something of course. VHT standard 12 is a bit bigger than the original tweed deluxe. and I like this cabinet as well. I might try P15N at some point

Load More...
  • en Jaguar XJ220 l My dream car

• Racecar-driver Justin Law dives into detail the very rare XJ220 supercar project and it’s storied history, passing hands from Tom Walkinshaw Racing (TWR) and…

Load More...
  • en Mungo Jerry – In The Summertime ORIGINAL 1970

• This video clip was made in 1970, and is the original Mungo Jerry line up that recorded In The Summertime, this is not to be confused with the version that h…

Load More...
  • en Sprague 16uf 475v fits perfect to Astron vintage paper sleeve

• 5y3 rectifier tube in my 5F1 tweed champ went dead a month ago. and everything was fine after I put a new 5y3 tube.

then, the same thing happened today. I figured out this 16uf 450V Astron minimite filter cap was the problem.

Sprague 16uf 475v fits Astron Minimite 16uf 450V paper sleeve. my champ sounds firm and clear than ever with this new cap.

You need to strip off the blue shrink cover to put it in the paper sleeve as you can see

Sadly, I’ve lost 2 of these 5y3 tubes from this issue. but still good with the better sounding from this small tweed amp.

Load More...