en Bendix 5992, 6v6gta glowing blue

Updated on July 18, 2019 | 751 Views all
1 on July 9, 2019

it seems the nature of this tube. I’ve been using a few Bendix 5y3gt with Fender tweed amps. and it’s my first try with their 6v6gt.

• Liked by

Be the first to post a comment.

0 on July 18, 2019

I don’t see anything special from them so far

• Liked by
Cancel
Loading more replies
  • en DNA: Life’s Changelog

• One of the most interesting things about DNA is that we have discovered, in humans, the 3% of the code which builds our physical bodies also has encoded within the bodies of all of our ancestors. We can switch on these old systems (in animals of course since this would be highly unethical to do to human beings) and give a chicken teeth or scales. We are not just us. We are all the physical forms in our lineage.

Now, that accounts for 3% of our storage. What of the other 97%? It is memories. Now the skeptic will go “yeah right Mr. Science”. Hear me out here though. Why is it so hard to accept memories encoded into the helix? In fact all “instinct” is encoded memory. What beach to lay your eggs by the light of the full moon if you are a tortoise. Where to migrate if you are a starling or a monarch butterfly. Sharks even have maps of the magnetic markers on the seafloor. None of this is learned. It is there at birth.

There is a very good evolutionary reason for this. Rapid adaptation. We have a repository of past experiences so we do not have to reinvent the wheel every time our environment changes. Human beings have noted this for at least as long as we have records and this has given rise to theories of reincarnation which appeared in nearly every civilization on Earth. Science has resisted this because it sounds too “supernatural” in the same way they resisted the “Big Bang” because it sounded too much like creation. Yet, it is anything but supernatural. It is entirely natural and the only explanation which makes any sense.

#Science #Philosophy #Biology #Life #Origins

(Picture courtesy of Ya-Webdesign)

Load More...
  • en 1962 Fender 5F1 champ

• I met this little guy again this morning. and gave it RCA Command 5751 as a present. I’ve tried more than a few 12ax7 tubes with this Champ for a while. and love the sound with this 5751. and, one 6v6gt from Valvo factory in Frankfurt is coming to me for this Champ.

the 3rf filter cap is Sprague which replaced the big 8uf 500V Astron minimite last winter. it still has the 2 prong power cord even with the death cap. this 57-year-old Champ is beautiful and sounds great of course. but didn’t sing as much as my ’59 Champ till this morning. now it does sing like a magic.

pictures of the transformers are here

https://slowbean.net/thread/gathering-information-on-vintage-tweed-champ-output-transformer/

Load More...
  • en Jaguar XJ220 l My dream car

• Racecar-driver Justin Law dives into detail the very rare XJ220 supercar project and it’s storied history, passing hands from Tom Walkinshaw Racing (TWR) and…

Load More...
  • en modern 5F1 with Boothill kit and Mergili cabinet

• found this nicely built 5F1 with 10″ WGS speaker in Mergili cabinet on Ebay while I was in search of the parts for my first 5F1 build. grabbed it off for very good price and I’m changing the components and wires one by one like the filter caps, bypass caps, speaker wires along with the plug.

I think the speaker wires and Amperex 12ax7 changed way more than the capacitors. I’m waiting for yellow and red Jupiter 0.022 caps as well. an A/B comparison video on youtube was very interesting. and red one looks very close to the original Astron firecracker.

there are few tweed amp inspired cabinets around. and it’s the first cab I like except for the original ones. this cabinet sings with WGS ceramic speaker. I’ve been biased toward vintage Jensen alnico speakers so far. and this speaker changed it a bit

the orange filter caps are Roederstein 33uf 450v which replaced the stock caps from the kit. I didn’t know the limit of 5y3 and was brave enough to put two of them on it. then realized the rectifier was too hot and went to 33+10+10.

the first 33uf right next to the rectifier seems fine so far. I’ve tried on the original 5D3 and 5F1 without an issue before. this very capacitor is one of the caps I trust most

this 5F1 is dead quiet and the filament wiring is a bit different to the original champ. I’m trying to figuring out it. nothing is easy with the electric stuff even 5F1 is this simple.

I’ve got some NOS Sprague black beauty caps 15 years ago and tried it on this amp. I expected something vintage with them. but I’ve learned they are not useful as the coupling caps. they were good as the guitar tone caps. but they dramatically reduced the output volume regardless of the values. realized why my 18watt replica’s output volume was that low 15 years ago today. I’m still wondering why anyway. 

[update] the sprague caps I put on this amp had twice high capacitance than the marking. I couldn’t find any 0.02 and tried 0.03 but they actually were over 0.05. higher capacitance changes the frequency and reduces the output volume as I learned from them. and NOS caps need time to break in. they sound getting louder for the last few days

Load More...
  • en Tecumseh

• Tecumseh, one of the greatest men ever to be born on the American continent. A Native American, war chief and statesman he was essentially a Native American George Washington. He saw his family killed by the white settlers and the soldiers of the new United States of America yet he refused to kill women and children.

Among the tribes, there was no concept of Indians as a group i.e. you were a Shawnee or Mohawk, not an Indian. Indeed, even the whites were seen as “tribes” the British tribe, French tribe, Spanish tribe or, worst of all from their perspective, the American tribe. Tecumseh was a visionary and envisioned a Native American confederacy from the Great Lakes to the Gulf.

He sided with the British in the War of 1812 only to be abandoned after the end of the war. Abandoned to the Americans who destroyed him and his people.

Please note: No nation is all good or all evil. One must acknowledge the failings as well as the successes of a nation to truly understand it.

#History #CoreBeliefs #Philosophy #NativeAmericans #Courage

(Picture: Portrait of Tecumseh – Nineteenth-century portrait by Benson John Lossing, after a pencil sketch by Pierre Le Dru)

Load More...
  • en a replacement for #47 bulb – #239

• I’ve been using this 239 bulb after the factory GE #47 bulb went dead. 239 is same 6.3V and the bayonet base is identical to #47. mine came from Westinghouse as I remember. and found more from Tung-sol, Sylvania, Chicago Miniature, and more

239 rated 2.268 watt while 47 is 0.945 watt according to this web page. I’m wondering if I can go with this bulb. but didn’t have an issue yet

https://www.bulbtown.com/6_2_VOLT_LIGHT_BULBS_s/380.htm

and there are sellers have #1847 which is the long-life version of #47 on ebay. even their pricing are fair. it’s a thread about #47 and #1847

https://www.antiqueradios.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=145938

Load More...
  • en ’88 YZ10 (870C) and Hotdog4 update

• Yokomo 870C aka.1988 YZ10 build with

White winter arms
    2mm fine pitch drive train
    Yokomo Hotlaps wheels
    Lightened diff cups
    Composite Craft shock towers
    Front aluminum bulkhead
    AE steel turnbuckles from RC10 Worlds re-release kit
    SRS steering blocks

Hotdog4 built with
    AE 870C shock towers
    MX4 rear aluminum CVD bones
    Academy molded wing
    Extended wheelbase with longer rear belt
    White Kydex bumper, homemade
    870C shocks with later shock ends for Works arms
    AE steel turnbuckles from RC10 Worlds re-release
    Magnesium bulkheads

Hodog4 has the copper springs now

And, few more pics with C4 body

Load More...
  • en NIKE x SACAI mid blazer

•  

Detailed look at the Sacai X Nike Blazer
    Price:$140

new shoes with shoes added to them

it looks a little messy, but it stands out even more through those perfect color combinations

Load More...
  • en This Lotus Esprit Is A Light Rider Reborn

• en JBL D120F from 70’s Fender twin reverb

• Not sure what I’m going to do with this speaker while I don’t have any SF or BF fender. I remember my friends older than me loved it when I was a kid. even I still remember how the sound was. I saw the same speaker with gray and orange frames. this D120F came from 70’s silver face twin reverb and it’s orange. and it still has the original cone

Load More...