en Bendix 5992, 6v6gta glowing blue

Updated on July 18, 2019 | 468 Views all
1 on July 9, 2019

it seems the nature of this tube. I’ve been using a few Bendix 5y3gt with Fender tweed amps. and it’s my first try with their 6v6gt.

• Liked by

Be the first to post a comment.

0 on July 18, 2019

I don’t see anything special from them so far

• Liked by
Cancel
Loading more replies
  • en inside of Wem Pepbox rush from British Pedal Company

• I see two of ACY41 germanium transistors on the board.

Grabbed this off ebay for a great price. two hundred something in USD. it sounds great and quite different than my Bum fuzz and old Sola Sound fuzz pedal a friend has.

but, it has an issue. it rattles on high level. I’m sending back this back to British Pedal Company. 

Load More...
  • en this CTS 1M potentiometer w/spst switch looks right for 5F1

• Never used. Nylion shaft – no washers or nuts. 1377940 600-01-33. AUDIO Taper 10% at center position. Lot of 10.

Load More...
  • en 50’s Switchcraft 1/4 black phone plugs

• this switchcraft black plastic plug looks always nice to me. especially with vintage Jensen speakers and tweed amps.

I recently noticed the material and the shape has changed through the years. I’m not sure with the exact timeline but, the first and second left ones look a bit older with the different shape of the end tips.

the first one on the left looks like the oldest brother. it’s the one for my 5D3 with P12Q now.

the next one came with 1953 tweed deluxe 5C3. the rest of them look like came from 60’s or 70’s production. I’m just guessing. I’m wondering when they started to put the nylon spacer not bakelite.

#switchcraft

Load More...
  • en NPN Germanium transistor list for Fuzz pedals

• My interest in fuzz pedal came from JMI Tone Bender III reissue which belongs to a friend. this pedal has 3 of OC75 glass tube transistors.

And, unfortunately, My Sola Sound Bum Fuzz came with 3 of NPN transistors while OC75 is PNP type. then found this web page with germanium and silicone transistor lists

http://vintageradio.me.uk/info/radiocon_data_trans.htm

There are 26 of germanium NPN transistors from the data sheets

ASY28, ASY29

2N388, 2N388A

2N1302, 2N1304, 2N1306, 2N1308,

OC139, OC140, OC141

AD161

AC187

NKT713, NKT773, NKT774, NKT781

2SD72

Black glass tube NPN transistors are OC139, OC140, OC141 from them.

OC75 is like this according to this web page on alltransistors.com

Type Designator: OC75 (PNP)

Maximum Collector Power Dissipation (Pc): 0.125 W

Maximum Collector-Base Voltage |Vcb|: 20 V

Maximum Collector-Emitter Voltage |Vce|: 20 V

Maximum Emitter-Base Voltage |Veb|: 10 V

Maximum Collector Current |Ic max|: 0.01 A

Transition Frequency (ft): 0.1 MHz

Collector Capacitance (Cc): 50 pF

Forward Current Transfer Ratio (hFE), MIN: 55

And, for OC139, OC140 is

Vcb: 20 V / 20 V

Vce: 20 V / 20V

Forward Current Transfer Ratio (hFE), MIN: 40 / 75

I’m going to try OC139. simply beccause, OC139 is cheaper than OC140 on ebay. and I’m wondering how Transition Frequency differences work with Fuzz. I’ll update in a few weeks

Load More...
  • en Elliot Mechanics – Mechanicland Strat Neck pictures

• got this brazilian strat neck a couple of years ago. it has refinished before. unfortunately, it’s urethan finish on it.  it still ages well though.

trussrod nut and the decal have replaced at 90’s by the owner before me. and I don’t think this Mechanicland neck came with the decal. the decal on the head is definitely a aftermarket product. and it looks funny a bit

everything else is great with this beautiful with brazilian fretboard. and, sounds stunning along with this light ash (not swamp ash) body

#mechanicland #strat #brazilian

Load More...
  • en Past Generations of the BMW 7 Series

• ב.מ.וו סדרה 7 – דורות קודמים

Load More...
  • en 이 진공관은 정체가 뭘까요?

• 오랫만에 참았던 이베이 나들이를 하다가 눈에 들어왔습니다. 판매자는 12ax7이라고 합니다만 이런 관은 처음 봅니다.

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for AMPEREX ECC83 / 12AX7 TUBE – STRONG – MADE IN HOLLAND at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

Load More...
  • en Korea in 1956 by an American photographer

• Load More...
  • en one beautiful tweed deluxe 5C3 came from Feb. 1955

• it’s one of the tweed amps led me to this tweed world. it’s typical 5C3 with two of 6sc7

Load More...
  • en endless Youtube music thread

• post any music you want to share

Load More...