Updated on June 7, 2021 | 13 Views all
0 on June 7, 2021

I somewhat like it

• Liked by

Be the first to post a comment.

Loading more replies
  • en Things seem a little strange?

• What is reality?

How real are you? What if everything you are, everything you know, all the people in your life as well as all the events were not physically there but just a very elaborate simulation?

Philosopher Nick Bostrom famously considered this in his seminal paper “Are you living in a computer simulation?,” where he proposed that all of our existence may be just a product of very sophisticated computer simulations ran by advanced beings whose real nature we may never be able to know.

Now a new theory has come along that takes it a step further – what if there are no advanced beings either and everything in “reality” is a self-simulation that generates itself from pure thought?

We could simply be part of an ancestor simulation, engineered by posthumans. Even the process of evolution itself could just be a mechanism by which the future beings are testing countless processes, purposefully moving humans through levels of biological and technological growth. In this way they also generate the supposed information or history of our world. Ultimately, we wouldn’t know the difference.

But where does the physical reality that would generate the simulations comes from, wonder the researchers? Their hypothesis takes a non-materialistic approach, saying that everything is information expressed as thought. As such, the universe “self-actualizes” itself into existence, relying on underlying algorithms and a rule they call “the principle of efficient language.”

Excerpt – Click link for complete article: https://bigthink.com/surprising-science/new-hypothesis-argues-the-universe-simulates-itself-into-existence

Picture: Your posthuman great grandchild ponders your fossilized skull and wonders what inspired you to reach for the stars.

There you have it friends. Yes, this paper is groundbreaking and recently published but it is just what I have been thinking here for almost a decade or more and what the Buddha taught, to those with ears to hear and eyes to see, twenty-five hundred years ago.

Flesh is temporary, transient and only stuff like the dust of the Earth. Life is something precious which is eternal and animates flesh upon the Earth and in this state we become capable of action, karma. When we die we no longer act we become “stuff” once again.

#science #technology #consciousness #philosophy #life

Load More...
  • en 50’s and 60’s Fender Champ 8″ speakers

• all the 5F1 champ around me have Oxford 8EV speakers and they seemed to have Jensen P8T as well. found one from CTS which sounds like the stock Oxford. they are 4 ohm impedance and DCR is mostly 3.2 ohm

I’m not sure with new and doped speakers but old, broken in and sometimes brittle speakers sound way better with edge doping in every aspect to me. it’s like a having a good preamp tube in vintage tweed amps

it’s an Oxford from ’59 Champ along with one from 62’s. the cone went yellow and I guess it was in a place with carbon monoxide gas around. both has doped in the end

and 60’s Ceramic speaker from Oxford. and another one from CTS. this CTS is not Fender stock but sounds pretty much like the stock speakers.

Load More...
  • en The next big IPO is just around the corner?

• Beyond Meat is going public. Investors are betting on a new future for food. Plant-based meat products might fix our food system.

Beyond Meat, the plant-based meat company, is going public next week. The company sells burgers that contain no meat, but taste like they do. Its stated goal is to fix our food system. Its initial public offering (IPO) is the latest sign that alt-meat is going mainstream – and that’s a big deal.

It’s been a good few years for Beyond Meat. National chains including Del Taco, Carl’s Jr., and T.G.I. Friday’s have started carrying their products. They’ve also found their way onto grocery store shelves at Whole Foods, Kroger, and Target. In total, Beyond Meat says its products are available in more than 35,000 outlets, from hotels and college campuses to grocery stores and sports stadiums. Sales have been growing fast – last year the company reported revenues of $87.9 million, up from $32.6 million in 2017.

(Excerpt – To read the full article click the link above.)

#Futurology #Technology #Humanity #Development #Sustainability

Your opinions to this topic are welcome.

Load More...
  • en tweed princeton 5D2 came back to life

• I came across this tweed princeton a couple of days ago. it had more than few issues with the pots, electrolytic caps, wires, grounding, input jacks and one of the resistors.

and it sounds beautiful like a win instrument with the new components.

Load More...
  • en late 50’s Sprague bumble bee and black beauty caps

• all they are .022uf 400v Sprague caps from the same era. there were PIO and Mylar Black Beauty and Bumble Bee caps with the same model number 104263B

Load More...
  • en Sprague caps from a movie – on Apple-1 motherboard

• They tweaked the large sprague caps and the small ones too much for the scene. but it’s still good to see my favorite sprague capacitors on a movie. aren’t they orange back in the days? 

this board is Apple-1 from this movie Jobs from 2013

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2357129/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

btw, I wanted to capture the scenes. and it didn’t work with Safari browser. this helped me out. you can capture the screenshot while it’s playing on chrome. it didn’t work while posed.

https://www.quora.com/How-can-I-screenshot-Netflix-without-getting-a-black-screen-image

Load More...
  • en fender factory tour 1959

•  

Load More...
  • en Astron minimite dry electrolytic capacitors

•  

it’s my tweed deluxe 5d3 with Astron cap paper sleeves with Sprague caps inside. TE-1207 for 25uf 25V. and, 16uf 475V for 16uf 450V. I’m still after one more Astron 16uf 450V cap or sleeve. but even dead astron caps are not cheap on ebay. I tried it but the ending price went way further than I expected.

this 5d3 is getting closer to the original shape with the restuff filter caps. the correct switchcraft 1/4 phone plug and 18awg Gaviitt cloth wire are coming to me as well.

Load More...
  • en 1/8″ custom towers for Hot Dog 4

• they are 5mm extended front tower and the rear tower with the original shape. the original towers have extra holes for shock mounting. and they were not strong enough. the new towers are strong enough with this thick g10 epoxy material.

870c shocks are beautiful and they leak. and they are beautiful enough to set on this shelfer.

Load More...
  • en Dine inside a pair of grasshopper-shaped locomotives at a South Korean cafe.

• Grasshopper’s Dream is an insect-shaped cafe that sits along the popular Auraji rail bike route near Jeongseon, South Korea. The converted and stacked green train cars are placed near by the Gujeol-ri train station, and are each outfitted with protruding metal legs and thin antennae.

More informations here: http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/

Photo by Megan from Life Outside of Texas

Load More...