en How to spot Siemens, Tyco V23084-C2001-A303 relay and the counterfeit

Updated on June 19, 2019 | 535 Views all
14 on March 21, 2019

I have emailed to dozens of electric part suppliers and messaged to ebay sellers for

V23084-C2001-A303 to fix my E46 GM5 module.

and I noticed most of them are counterfeit. this seller looked legit with the picture of NOS Siemens relay. but it didn’t go well.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-New-Tyco-Relay-V23084-C2001-A303-GM5-BMW-E46-X3-E39-E38-Grundmodul-Siemens/122754020496

and it’s the the relays I got from this seller

The original Siemens, Tyco, TE connectivity relays have molded bottom with thick and strong lead pins. and, you can buy this counterfeit relay on alibaba.com or aliexpress.com for less $1 each

I’m talking to these two sellers for the original part. and one of them are running this web site

http://www.bmwgm5.com

I do trust this guy and made a purchase from his ebay store

https://www.ebay.com/usr/bmwgm5?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2754

also this seller has the original relay. but it’s V23084-C2002-A403

the only difference between A303 and A403 is the contact material. and C2002 is sensitive type works with less current as far as I know. I’ll try them both and will update

another seller sent me this picture. and it’s exactly the relay I’m after. you can see the pattern on the bottom but even many of the counterfeit have the patterns as well. but please see the pins carefully all the soldering pins are thick and look strong enough.

I’m ordering a pair from this seller who sent me the picture

https://www.ebay.com/itm/183304411194

it took a couple of months to figure out which is the original and finally found these 2 sellers which I trust on ebay.

I’ll update when they arrive

and please someone advice me if V23084-C2001-A303 can be replaced with

V23084-C2002-A403, or V23084-C2001-A403

undefined

• Liked by
  • OnceMoonwalked

Be the first to post a comment.

Add a comment

1 on March 21, 2019

I really hope it all works out for you. I can imagine this process is nerve-wracking! Guess it’s easy to produce these small things in masses and there’s still large demand for, that’s probably the reason why they fake them.

on March 22, 2019

I noticed a China based company, Hongfa is making the substitute for the relay. and it’s way better than the fake products. some of the fake relays are rebranded Hongfa and it’s not that bad. 

the same relay was widely used for Mercedes, BMW, and more companies. this relay is robust and it’s the reason they were alive for the last 10 to 20 years. and the cars have the relay are strong and still alive as well. 

the guy running bmwgm5.com ordered the original relay and he seems to have enough for sale. but it still not easy to spot the fake and original for the most of the drivers. I’ll do my best to test and report on the original and counterfeit for them and myself

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on March 24, 2019

the seller asked me to take back the negative feedback on ebay for refund. it means this seller knows what they are selling on ebay exactly.

and, I have escalated the case to claim on paypal

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on March 24, 2019

bmwgm5.com guy kindly advised me to choose the exactly same relay which is V23084-C2001-A303 for BMW GM5 module.

the difference between A303 and A403 is the contact material. and I though it didn’t make any difference. but, he gave me this information

“each material is designed for the proper load” 

and this guy is the only one seller has the correct part on the web.

thanks again.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on March 24, 2019

it’s the correct and genuine part for BMW GM5 module. you guys can trust this guy without hesitation.

This is a genuine Tyco Electronics relay. Not a counterfeit Hongfa relay marked as a Tyco. Look for the correct pattern on the bottom cover. Fake parts are potted. You can clearly see the difference. | eBay!

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on April 3, 2019

I sent the counterfeit relays to the seller today with the tracking number. then got the legit ones from another ebay seller. the original relay has the clean leads. even the tips are trimmed very well.

counterfeit

genuine v23084 relay from another ebay seller. 

4 of the leads on the left side are round. and 6 of them are flat and they face the different angles at the location as you can see. all of them are straight and clean. 

• Liked by
Cancel
2 on April 3, 2019

and it’s Hongfa relay for reference. 

Hongfa Automotive Relay Hfkd-012-2zst 10 Feet Dpdt Relay 100 Pairs Box , Find Complete Details about Hongfa Automotive Relay Hfkd-012-2zst 10 Feet Dpdt Relay 100 Pairs Box,Hfkd-012-2zst from Relays Supplier or Manufacturer-Shenzhen Bokway Technology Co., Ltd.

on April 4, 2019

Great to hear you finally received the parts. It’s annoying and stressful to deal with such people who deliberately sell fake stuff. I’ve had experienced similar on eBay in the past but they were of no help back then.

on April 4, 2019

one of the reason I believed the first seller was he/she was based in Germany where my E46 came from. but it still worths to try. people can find the genuine relays from this thread

Show more replies
  • Liked by
Cancel
0 on April 4, 2019

I found this document on the contact material. didn’t fully understand yet. but hope it help you guys to see the difference between A303 and A403

http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/105262.pdf

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on April 5, 2019

another batch of the genuine relays have arrived. V23084-C2002-A303 from the Polish seller and V23084-C2001-A303, and V23084-C2001-A403 from bmwgm5 are identical to each other. but, C2002 is sensitive type and I’m not going to use them. I purchased C2002 only for the reference.

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on April 5, 2019

also, TE connectivity helped me to decode the serial of the relay. thanks again

++080241E
08 = 2008 (2-digit calendar year)
02 = calendar week
4 = day of week (1 – Saturday)
1 = shift
E = line

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on April 6, 2019

it took a couple of hours to take the relays off the board and managed to replaced them. I don’t want to do this job again. it was damn tricky to desolder them with my basic tools

my remote key is working again with the new relays. I put A303 and A403 to see if there would be any difference

my first attempt didn’t work and figured out I ruined one of the ground path. this video shows how to diagnose the path point by point. I couldn’t make it without this 

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on June 19, 2019

MMK-repair2015 which still is selling the counterfeit rejected my return mail and I got my package in my hand again. 

I’ve talk to Tyco and Ebay customer service right after I sent this package back to the seller. and it’s lucky to have this package back. I have this firm evidence again

• Liked by
Cancel
Loading more replies
  • en R?Is What? album cover design for yoffy

•  

i designed those two works for yoffy who work really hard on music

here is his soundcloud profile link

https://soundcloud.com/user-184228744

Load More...
  • en play this song through your tweed amps

• mono sound is good enough and you can run this song through two amps. I still recommend you to have at least one tweed amp with well broken speaker and the tubes.

The Pre-Show with Dave & Gary featuring the one and only Donna Jean Godchaux goes live at 8pm ET / 5pm PT – Link: https://youtu.be/v4hIP9Y0OHsGrateful Dead a…

Load More...
  • en Bassman 5F6A build

• with a 15″ alnico speaker like the early Bassman.

Load More...
  • en Sprague Bumble bee and Black Beauty (Telecap) PIO and Mylar X-ray pics

• a friend took these C-arm Xray image intensifier films for me. as you can see, they are

PIO black beauty .022uf 400v x2

Mylar black beauty .022uf 400v

and, PIO bulbe bee .022 uf 400v

from the left to right

another xray picture with a bit of contrast adjustment on the machine

Load More...
  • en Yokomo MR-4BX

• MR-4BX series has been produced for only a couple of years. the first version came at ’06 and replaced with B-Max4 which was different from previous yoke buggies at ’08.

MR-4BX series is like the last blood of traditional Yokomo to me. and I see the same blood on Jconcepts BJ4. 

a few prototypes on Japanese magazines were not far from MX-4 YMP until 2004. they put a slipper clutch, moved the motor mount forward, put B4 rear arms and losi style steering knuckles, and so on.. through early ’06
    my friend who has been working with Yokomo and other japanese rc companies told me their CNC machine was never stopped for a couple of years to make new prototype parts. I know it never stopped before MR-4BX. but more than a few MR-4BX prototypes have spotted on Yatabe arena for years.

I have managed to get a nicely used Worlds edition last month. and took some pics with my factory edition. they both came at ’07.

the differences between them are main chassis, F/R shock towers, top deck(s), steering, rear bulkhead, and a few misc parts

Front End

MR-4BX Worlds came with a new camber mount which allows only the longest upper rod setup. also the steering is different than previous 2 versions

this new camber mount can be installed on older versions as well

the original and Factory edition’s front tower provide 6 points of upper rod mount position. the tower is compatible with the original through Worlds. and the inside position provides pretty much same result as Worlds’ front camber mount

Steering

the steerings are quite different. I hope I can feel the difference while I’m running this Worlds edition. but, didn’t have a chance so far.

this steering was introduced with MX-4. prototype MX-4 still had older servo saver. and the first time I saw this was in MX-4 kit.

but the difference is the angle. this steering system on MR-4BX is tilted for better handling.

Chassis

this 2 piece structure was came from the prototype and applied to the production models through the 1st and Factory edition. but Worlds edition came with 1 piece chassis

MR-4BX Worlds came with this 1 piece chassis with 2 extra holes for new steering system. please ignore the stainless screws on the Factory chassis. I’d go back to the black steel screws.

Top Deck

the top deck, now it covers the rear belt. and new camber mount is here

Factory edition had 2 piece top deck like the original version. but the rear piece was improved that older one has clearance problem with the belt

the rear top deck from the ’06 original version

Rear Shock Mounting

there were a few guys tried this before Worlds edition came. the shocks were moved to the back end of the car.

also they put a camber mount like the front end

the original and Factory edition had same suspension geometry. the shocks can be moved to the back end with this stock mount plus a few tricks

the new aluminum part which holds the the shock tower is changed along with new bulkhead and camber mount

related links
    http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/reviewbx/index.html

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/review501x/page08.html

Load More...
  • en gathering information on vintage tweed champ output transformer

• while I’m working on a tweed champ 5f1 replica with 10″ speaker, I recall they say the output transformers affect the tone.

and, I noticed I never saw the back side of champ chassis before. it’s where I start finding a vintage OT for my project

Load More...
  • en Tamiya Tamtech Buggy Champ

• I’m running this small version of Buggy Champ – Rough Rider for years. yes, it’s small and cannot run on the bumpy tracks.

and I watched it’s not bad on the the rally circuit where I’m running my old RC10 and 834B runners.

I started from finding a better motor for this 1/16 Buggy Champ. sport-tuned motor from tamiya was the most easy to find. but it turned out not much better than the stock motor.

they released a better sport-tuned SPT recently. and, I was told it was good. I’m thinking getting one at some point. 

this tamtech champ came with the plastic spring dampers. buggy champ runs like tamiya grasshopper with the stock shocks. actually it runs better than grasshopper.

google found me Losi Mini-T shocks weeks or months ago. an I’m running with the shocks. losi shocks turned this tiny champ into a racer.

Losi shocks are slightly shorter than stock ones. and this length is better on the tracks and my living room.

Losi front shocks have almost twice bigger stroke with a dead center. and, this simple trick with shrink tube is working great. 

then I came back to the motor.
    a friened who is an expert on the small motors told me to find “Speed 300 6V” motor from Graupner or GWS. 

Speed 300 on ebay.de

ElectricFly  T-370

but the shipping charge for one single motor was overkill. I found this for less than $10 include the postage from somewhere.

this E-sky 370 motor is cheap and can be found everywhere. it has this 1/10 style endbell as you can see. the size is identical to the stock 370 motor.

the torque and speed are great for the scale. and it turned out this motor needs too much juice for the size. I might need more or better batteries.

I ran with this setup for a while, then I went to Tamtech SPT motor and new shell. SPT is much better than older sport tuned motor in every way. I have brushless in my mind too. but the price is an issue for me.
    Load More...
  • en Multifandom | Can’t Hold Us

• THE GIRL THAT SAY “HELLO” AT 00:03 IS FROM “GOTHAM” ● HD IS BETTER ; That remix is fuck I needed to edit it, sorry the black border more gave a charm -q ‘ Im…
    Load More...
  • en Sola Sound Bum fuzz with NPN OC139 Germanium transistors works great

• I just tried this from a hunch while I barely understand electric circuits.

Bum fuzz was made after B&M fuzz. it came from Tonebender Jumbo, and Jumbo came from Big muff. and they are not far from Tonebender MK3. it means this pedal would work with Germanium transistors.

Sola Sound make 3 different versions of Bum Fuzz units with BC184, BC549C, and ZTX109. BC184  and ZTX109 versions look same to each other except ZTX109 version comes with better and older electric components. BC549C comes with cheap ass version. and, it has 3 of different resistors and 2 of electrolytic capacitors at least. I replaced them with 33k, 100, and 100k resistors an 2 of 0.1uf fixed caps.

OC139, OC140, OC141 are NPN germanium transistors for computers (yes, the computer) from late 60’s. They are period correct for late 60’s and early 70’s fuzz I guess. and, have the similar Hfe range as well. most of them I found on ebay.co.uk had 100 to 200 Hfe range. some are less than 100, and some of them are over 200.

It’s the shop I found ZTX109 and OC139 transistors

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/J-H-Components-Limited/Transistors-Vintage-Germanium/_i.html?_storecat=14509182015

And, this pedal sounds great with OC139. I don’t see any reason to try a different setup anymore. this modified Germanium Bum fuzz unit has overdrive to medium or leather high gain fuzz range now. somewhat sounds like MK2 and feels like MK3.

It was like this a couple of months ago

Came across this big red bum fuzz here on reverb.com https://reverb.com/item/17423735-sola-sound-cheap-ass-bum-fuzz-jumbo-tone-bender-direct-from-sola-sound-london Sola Sound / Macaris sells a few different versions with different components along with the pricing. this one is a literally cheap, actually the cheapest version of them. they had/have more coming as well. http://www.macaris.co.uk/colorsound They have 3 different versions by the price. £399.00, …
    Load More...
  • en Official Random Picture Thread. 📷

• Lets start to create a photo gallery of the world on this tread! Feel free to post your favorite picture of a place, architecture, car or image of your favorite photographer.

Load More...