en ’94 YZ10 a bit psychedelic

Updated on October 6, 2022 | 87 Views No Category
0 on June 15, 2015

my ’94 yz10 runner got a new shell with some decals today.

now it runs with
HD universal drives
Yokomo Aluminum motor mount
Team Suzuki F/R hubs and hub carriers
’93 WCS steering

[update from July 2nd, 2015]

found the MX4 wheel hubs for YZ10. and more MX4 wheels for this setup too.

pargu is working on the wheel hubs. you guys can use them pretty soon.

• Liked by

Be the first to post a comment.

Add a comment

Loading more replies
  • en Mungo Jerry – In The Summertime ORIGINAL 1970

• This video clip was made in 1970, and is the original Mungo Jerry line up that recorded In The Summertime, this is not to be confused with the version that h…

Load More...
  • en 50’s Switchcraft 1/4 black phone plugs

• this switchcraft black plastic plug looks always nice to me. especially with vintage Jensen speakers and tweed amps.

I recently noticed the material and the shape has changed through the years. I’m not sure with the exact timeline but, the first and second left ones look a bit older with the different shape of the end tips.

the first one on the left looks like the oldest brother. it’s the one for my 5D3 with P12Q now.

the next one came with 1953 tweed deluxe 5C3. the rest of them look like came from 60’s or 70’s production. I’m just guessing. I’m wondering when they started to put the nylon spacer not bakelite.

#switchcraft

Load More...
  • en 40’s Ken-Rad 6v6GT/G is louder than RCA, GE, Sylvania 6v6GT

• while my 5F1 project is not loud enough with Jensen 10J11 speaker, I tried a few different 6v6 tubes for the last few days.

I noticed Ken-Rad 6v6GT/G tubes are louder than the other tubes. and the texture with this tube is acoustic and strong. 

I don’t see the difference between RCA, GE, and Sylvania 6v6gt tubes that much. GE Canada 6v6GT is a bit brighter than 50’s stock tweed RCA and 60’s Sylvania but, Ken-Rad 6v6GT/G sounds way different to them

Load More...
  • en Fender Tweed Deluxe 5A3 pics

• brought this back to life for a friend. someone, probably more than one person seemed to try it before. but it sounded dull when it came to me.

Load More...
  • en how vacuum tube works

• Load More...
  • en tweed replicas Bassman, Deluxe, and Champ

• Load More...
  • en The next big IPO is just around the corner?

• Beyond Meat is going public. Investors are betting on a new future for food. Plant-based meat products might fix our food system.

Beyond Meat, the plant-based meat company, is going public next week. The company sells burgers that contain no meat, but taste like they do. Its stated goal is to fix our food system. Its initial public offering (IPO) is the latest sign that alt-meat is going mainstream – and that’s a big deal.

It’s been a good few years for Beyond Meat. National chains including Del Taco, Carl’s Jr., and T.G.I. Friday’s have started carrying their products. They’ve also found their way onto grocery store shelves at Whole Foods, Kroger, and Target. In total, Beyond Meat says its products are available in more than 35,000 outlets, from hotels and college campuses to grocery stores and sports stadiums. Sales have been growing fast – last year the company reported revenues of $87.9 million, up from $32.6 million in 2017.

(Excerpt – To read the full article click the link above.)

#Futurology #Technology #Humanity #Development #Sustainability

Your opinions to this topic are welcome.

Load More...
  • en Inside of Sola Sound Bum Fuzz Unit – Cheap ass version

• Came across this big red bum fuzz here on reverb.com

https://reverb.com/item/17423735-sola-sound-cheap-ass-bum-fuzz-jumbo-tone-bender-direct-from-sola-sound-london

Sola Sound / Macaris sells a few different versions with different components along with the pricing. this one is a literally cheap, actually the cheapest version of them. they had/have more coming as well.

http://www.macaris.co.uk/colorsound

They have 3 different versions by the price. £399.00, £349.00, and £149.00. then I paid $29 for international shipping. mine is £149.00. it was $195 shipped to South Korea.

£399.00 and £349.00 versions come with the reliable components like Cliff jacks, Carling(could be Arrow H&H) DPDT footswitch, Omeg potentiometers (2 of log B 100K, 1 of linear A 100K), and better caps and resistors.

They put Zetex ZTX109 transistors on £399.00 version with better caps, even with the NOS carbon composite resistors, and probably with some tweaks.

£349.00 Bum Fuzz Unit comes with BC184 transistors. £149.00 version comes with the same transistors as far as I know. (update – this pedal came with BC549C known as a substitute for BC184)

But, £149.00 version has, as the name, cheap components include the plastic molded pots. the pots feel not good. but they still came from Piher at least. it has more unknown parts like 1/4″ jacks, footswitch, knobs, and ceramic caps.

I believe I can change some of the parts using the pics on Macaris.co.uk and Reverb.com. The schematics for Jumbo Tone Bender and B&M fuzz are on the web.

I’ll update with some mods and samples. here are the pictures

Load More...
  • en Electro Harmonix germanium overdrive with NKT275

• I dropped by a friend’s place to pick up my big red bum fuzz and hang around. then I dug this EH germanium OD out of a big plastic box.

I’m not sure what this NTK275 exactly is. but the same one shows up on ebay. and I guess it came from 60’s or 70’s

It’s the pile I dug out my bum fuzz and this germanium OD. I know few more guys with the same symptom. falling in love with fuzz pedals. don’t worry. some of them have wives or girlfriends. not all of them of course.

Load More...
  • en 50’s and 60’s Fender Champ 8″ speakers

• all the 5F1 champ around me have Oxford 8EV speakers and they seemed to have Jensen P8T as well. found one from CTS which sounds like the stock Oxford. they are 4 ohm impedance and DCR is mostly 3.2 ohm

I’m not sure with new and doped speakers but old, broken in and sometimes brittle speakers sound way better with edge doping in every aspect to me. it’s like a having a good preamp tube in vintage tweed amps

it’s an Oxford from ’59 Champ along with one from 62’s. the cone went yellow and I guess it was in a place with carbon monoxide gas around. both has doped in the end

and 60’s Ceramic speaker from Oxford. and another one from CTS. this CTS is not Fender stock but sounds pretty much like the stock speakers.

Load More...