en 5F1 champ 10″ version with wide panel cabinet

Updated on July 26, 2020 | 14 Views all
1 on July 20, 2020

I’m testing a couple of different chassis while breaking in the cabinet. at least a few weeks to months I guess. took some pics with priceton 5D2 and 5B3 deluxe to see the size

• Liked by

Be the first to post a comment.

0 on July 26, 2020

tried a few different chassis with different coupling caps and I decided to stick with Roederstein coupling caps. Astron yellow mustard sounds 3D and Mallory Ajax blue molded is a bit more glassy to me. and Roederstein sounds like a mixture of them so far. I  know I keep changing my mind but, I like this chassis at this moment

• Liked by
Cancel
Loading more replies
  • en Inside of Sola Sound Bum Fuzz Unit – Cheap ass version

• Came across this big red bum fuzz here on reverb.com

https://reverb.com/item/17423735-sola-sound-cheap-ass-bum-fuzz-jumbo-tone-bender-direct-from-sola-sound-london

Sola Sound / Macaris sells a few different versions with different components along with the pricing. this one is a literally cheap, actually the cheapest version of them. they had/have more coming as well.

http://www.macaris.co.uk/colorsound

They have 3 different versions by the price. £399.00, £349.00, and £149.00. then I paid $29 for international shipping. mine is £149.00. it was $195 shipped to South Korea.

£399.00 and £349.00 versions come with the reliable components like Cliff jacks, Carling(could be Arrow H&H) DPDT footswitch, Omeg potentiometers (2 of log B 100K, 1 of linear A 100K), and better caps and resistors.

They put Zetex ZTX109 transistors on £399.00 version with better caps, even with the NOS carbon composite resistors, and probably with some tweaks.

£349.00 Bum Fuzz Unit comes with BC184 transistors. £149.00 version comes with the same transistors as far as I know. (update – this pedal came with BC549C known as a substitute for BC184)

But, £149.00 version has, as the name, cheap components include the plastic molded pots. the pots feel not good. but they still came from Piher at least. it has more unknown parts like 1/4″ jacks, footswitch, knobs, and ceramic caps.

I believe I can change some of the parts using the pics on Macaris.co.uk and Reverb.com. The schematics for Jumbo Tone Bender and B&M fuzz are on the web.

I’ll update with some mods and samples. here are the pictures

Load More...
  • en don’t want this but still interesting

• Barbie is getting a David Bowie Makeover. This Barbie x David Bowie Doll is a part of the Gold Label Collection.

Load More...
  • en Fender tweed champ 5F1 1959 pics – inside and outisde

• it’s a ’59 fender tweed champ with 8″ stock jensen speaker. I’ve learned more than a few things from this amp. mostly about the tone. and it forces me to play more than before I got this small tweed amp. 

I’m using 5y3 rectifier for the original setup along with 5v4g for more clean headroom. and  watching that huge rectifier from the back side. 5v4g and Bendix 5y3 look beautiful at night.

5F1 breaks up early and it’s the character of this amp. 5v4g makes 5F1 sounds a bit like tweed deluxe. but, it’s still tweed champ of course. and, I recently noticed 5f1 with 5v4g is more vulnerable to 60hz hum. so, I came back to the stock 5y3

Load More...
  • en Riders In the Sky (American Outlaws: Live at Nassau Coliseum, 1990)

• The Highwaymen performing “Ragged Old Flag” from American Outlaws: Live at Nassau Coliseum, 1990 Listen to The Highwaymen: https://Highwaymen.lnk.to/listenYD…

Load More...
  • en Dine inside a pair of grasshopper-shaped locomotives at a South Korean cafe.

• Grasshopper’s Dream is an insect-shaped cafe that sits along the popular Auraji rail bike route near Jeongseon, South Korea. The converted and stacked green train cars are placed near by the Gujeol-ri train station, and are each outfitted with protruding metal legs and thin antennae.

More informations here: http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/

Photo by Megan from Life Outside of Texas

Load More...
  • en 5F1 champ 10″ version with wide panel cabinet

• I’m testing a couple of different chassis while breaking in the cabinet. at least a few weeks to months I guess. took some pics with priceton 5D2 and 5B3 deluxe to see the size

Load More...
  • en I Designed fashion magazine and mockup just for fun

• i think i use too much bold :/

Load More...
  • en 1/8″ custom towers for Hot Dog 4

• they are 5mm extended front tower and the rear tower with the original shape. the original towers have extra holes for shock mounting. and they were not strong enough. the new towers are strong enough with this thick g10 epoxy material.

870c shocks are beautiful and they leak. and they are beautiful enough to set on this shelfer.

Load More...
  • en Static electricity could charge our electronics.

• Unhappy with the life of your smartphone battery? Thought so. Help could be on the way from one of the most common, yet poorly understood, forms of power generation: static electricity.

(Image credit: Schlueter/Getty)

“Nearly everyone has zapped their finger on a doorknob or seen child’s hair stick to a balloon. To incorporate this energy into our electronics, we must better understand the driving forces behind it,” says James Chen, PhD, assistant professor in the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering in the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences at the University at Buffalo.

Chen is a co-author of a study in the December issue of the Journal of Electrostatics that suggests the cause of this hair-raising phenomenon is tiny structural changes that occur at the surface of materials when they come into contact with each other.

The finding could ultimately help technology companies create more sustainable and longer-lasting power sources for small electronic devices.

Supported by a $400,000 National Science Foundation grant, Chen and Zayd Leseman, PhD, associate professor of mechanical and nuclear engineering at Kansas State University, are conducting research on the triboelectric effect, a phenomenon wherein one material becomes electrically charged after it contacts a different material through friction.

The triboelectric effect has been known since ancient times, but the tools for understanding and applying it have only become available recently due to the advent of nanotechnology.

“The idea our study presents directly answers this ancient mystery, and it has the potential to unify the existing theory. The numerical results are consistent with the published experimental observations,” says Chen.

The research Chen and Leseman conduct is a mix of disciplines, including contact mechanics, solid mechanics, materials science, electrical engineering and manufacturing. With computer models and physical experiments, they are engineering triboelectric nanogenerators (TENGs), which are capable of controlling and harvesting static electricity.

“The friction between your fingers and your smartphone screen. The friction between your wrist and smartwatch. Even the friction between your shoe and the ground. These are great potential sources of energy that we can to tap into,” Chen says. “Ultimately, this research can increase our economic security and help society by reducing our need for conventional sources of power.”

As part of the grant, Chen has worked with UB undergraduate students, as well as high school students at the Health Sciences Charter School in Buffalo, to promote science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education.

Source: http://www.buffalo.edu/news/releases/2019/01/024.html

#Sustainability #Engineering #Science #World #Future

Load More...
  • en I’m into 5v4g than 5y3 with 6v6 tweed amps

• [EDIT]

I’m updating this post not to make people confused. I believed B+ was lower with 5v4g than 5y3. but 5v4g is increasing B+ and makes the bias warmer than 5y3. I guess it is the reason I feel the amps are more alive with 5v4g

then I noticed the vintage amps with the original caps from 50’s and early 60’s are more vulnerable with 5v4g to 60hz hum. I’m just guessing leakage of the coupling caps and the filter caps could be the reason. I’m still enjoying 5v4g with the amps with new components. didn’t have an issue with my 5D3 which has new filter caps either. 

[EDIT again]
    one of my 5V4G tubes shows very low B+. the 60hz hum came from it I believe

there are more and better info for 5vg and 5y3 rectifiers on the gearpage.net 

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/swapping-rectifier-tubes-5ar4-vs-5r4-vs-5v4-vs-5y3.1382681/

I hook up tweed champ, deluxe, and m-track 2×2 together while jamming with youtube. 5v4g sounds still alive with this stereo and digital setup to me. but, m-track 2×2 is cheap and sharing the one single full bandwidth with usb and instrument at the same time. it sounds good while using only one of them. it sucks when the knob is at the center.

it’s the knob on m-track 2×2. don’t buy it if you want to use your guitar amps as monitor speakers while playing guitar through the direct input. maybe I’m just doing this wrong. 

Load More...