en 5F1 champ 10″ version with wide panel cabinet

Updated on July 26, 2020 | 1185 Views all
1 on July 20, 2020

I’m testing a couple of different chassis while breaking in the cabinet. at least a few weeks to months I guess. took some pics with priceton 5D2 and 5B3 deluxe to see the size

• Liked by

Be the first to post a comment.

0 on July 26, 2020

tried a few different chassis with different coupling caps and I decided to stick with Roederstein coupling caps. Astron yellow mustard sounds 3D and Mallory Ajax blue molded is a bit more glassy to me. and Roederstein sounds like a mixture of them so far. I  know I keep changing my mind but, I like this chassis at this moment

• Liked by
Cancel
Loading more replies
  • en Pickguard on Joe Bonamassa signature Burst

• I believe Gibson and Wildwood put the same black plastic parts from his Custom Shop Goldtop Les Paul. while the plastic parts made after his original. the pickguard is different to all the Gibson’s like pre 2009 historic, post 2009 historic, and Gibson US version.

and, finally found the right one from Creamtone. they sent me their Absolute Vintage pickguard template. and every single detail is same except for the gap they made after the original 50’s pickguard.

I’ll update after we try this from Creamtone later

Load More...
  • en Sprague caps from a movie – on Apple-1 motherboard

• They tweaked the large sprague caps and the small ones too much for the scene. but it’s still good to see my favorite sprague capacitors on a movie. aren’t they orange back in the days? 

this board is Apple-1 from this movie Jobs from 2013

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2357129/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

btw, I wanted to capture the scenes. and it didn’t work with Safari browser. this helped me out. you can capture the screenshot while it’s playing on chrome. it didn’t work while posed.

https://www.quora.com/How-can-I-screenshot-Netflix-without-getting-a-black-screen-image

Load More...
  • en Which methods are the best examples of data mining?

• Data mining is not just the art of extracting new information; In fact, it is about identifying new patterns from data that you’ve already collected. Here are 10 best examples of data mining methods and techniques:

1. Cluster analysis to identify target groups
    2. Regression analysis to bring on marketing forecasts
    3. Classification analysis to spot on spams and more
    4. Anomaly detection to identify abnormalities
    5. Intrusion detection for system security
    6. Rule learning to recognize links between data
    7. Decision trees analysis to improve on project risk management
    8. Neural network application for automated learning
    9. Induction rule to prefigure data-based analysis
    10. Data warehousing

via @BMM Read the full article here: https://www.bmmagazine.co.uk/business/which-methods-are-the-best-examples-of-data-mining/

#data #DataScience #MachineLearning #AI #BigData #deeplearning #IoT #ComputerScience

Load More...
  • en 50’s Switchcraft 1/4 black phone plugs

• this switchcraft black plastic plug looks always nice to me. especially with vintage Jensen speakers and tweed amps.

I recently noticed the material and the shape has changed through the years. I’m not sure with the exact timeline but, the first and second left ones look a bit older with the different shape of the end tips.

the first one on the left looks like the oldest brother. it’s the one for my 5D3 with P12Q now.

the next one came with 1953 tweed deluxe 5C3. the rest of them look like came from 60’s or 70’s production. I’m just guessing. I’m wondering when they started to put the nylon spacer not bakelite.

#switchcraft

Load More...
  • en Fender tweed deluxe 5D3 b+ voltage with a few different rectifier tubes

• 377V with Bendix 6106 5y3wgt which has purchased as NOS and less than 1 year old

366V with Hytron 5y3wgt which is many many years old

369V with GE 5y3gt less than 1 year old

393V with GE 5v4g which I purchased as NOS and less than 1 year old

396V with RCA 5v4g as NOS and less than 1 year old

370V with another Bendix I have purchased as slightly used condition a couple of months ago

btw, I recently scored this Bendix for $25 off ebay. but it just killed my 5F1’s fuse and the B+ is only 266V with 5D3. not every single Bendix lasts like forever

and, figured out why I had 60hz hum with this 5v4g. this one shows only 307v. I’m going to update the 5v4g thread

Load More...
  • en tweed princeton 5D2 came back to life

• I came across this tweed princeton a couple of days ago. it had more than few issues with the pots, electrolytic caps, wires, grounding, input jacks and one of the resistors.

and it sounds beautiful like a win instrument with the new components.

Load More...
  • en old sprague caps re-stuffing with Philips caps

• old Philips caps from Holland factory and German Roederstien are my favorite for filter caps and cathode bypass caps.

I cut the aluminum cans and put Philips caps inside of 70’s Sprague paper sleeve caps.

Load More...
  • en Static electricity could charge our electronics.

• Unhappy with the life of your smartphone battery? Thought so. Help could be on the way from one of the most common, yet poorly understood, forms of power generation: static electricity.

(Image credit: Schlueter/Getty)

“Nearly everyone has zapped their finger on a doorknob or seen child’s hair stick to a balloon. To incorporate this energy into our electronics, we must better understand the driving forces behind it,” says James Chen, PhD, assistant professor in the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering in the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences at the University at Buffalo.

Chen is a co-author of a study in the December issue of the Journal of Electrostatics that suggests the cause of this hair-raising phenomenon is tiny structural changes that occur at the surface of materials when they come into contact with each other.

The finding could ultimately help technology companies create more sustainable and longer-lasting power sources for small electronic devices.

Supported by a $400,000 National Science Foundation grant, Chen and Zayd Leseman, PhD, associate professor of mechanical and nuclear engineering at Kansas State University, are conducting research on the triboelectric effect, a phenomenon wherein one material becomes electrically charged after it contacts a different material through friction.

The triboelectric effect has been known since ancient times, but the tools for understanding and applying it have only become available recently due to the advent of nanotechnology.

“The idea our study presents directly answers this ancient mystery, and it has the potential to unify the existing theory. The numerical results are consistent with the published experimental observations,” says Chen.

The research Chen and Leseman conduct is a mix of disciplines, including contact mechanics, solid mechanics, materials science, electrical engineering and manufacturing. With computer models and physical experiments, they are engineering triboelectric nanogenerators (TENGs), which are capable of controlling and harvesting static electricity.

“The friction between your fingers and your smartphone screen. The friction between your wrist and smartwatch. Even the friction between your shoe and the ground. These are great potential sources of energy that we can to tap into,” Chen says. “Ultimately, this research can increase our economic security and help society by reducing our need for conventional sources of power.”

As part of the grant, Chen has worked with UB undergraduate students, as well as high school students at the Health Sciences Charter School in Buffalo, to promote science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education.

Source: http://www.buffalo.edu/news/releases/2019/01/024.html

#Sustainability #Engineering #Science #World #Future

Load More...
  • en Retro Bj4.3 part 3

• Needed to see the B44.3 chassis to make a new chassis for this project. got the chassis along with the original Bj4 chassis. it’s the first time to see the original version. and I can see the wheelbase is identical to Bj4 worlds edition.

B44.3 chassis is 4mm longer than B44’s. but still the Bj4 and B44 bodies fit the chassis. the structure is different for the front and rear bulkheads. Bj4 was built with Nitro TC3 parts. and B44 series has it’s own bulkheads and tranny, diff cups and more

you can check the wheelbase here

https://slowbean.net/2015/06/a-quick-update-for-retro-bj4/

And, the under tray came from B44.2 Bulldog body set from Pro-line
    http://www.prolineracing.com/bodies/bulldog-clear-body-b442/

With some original Bj4 parts from Jconcepts, AE, and Losi

Load More...
  • en I Designed fashion magazine and mockup just for fun

• i think i use too much bold :/

Load More...