en 5F1 champ 10″ version with wide panel cabinet

Updated on July 26, 2020 | 319 Views all
1 on July 20, 2020

I’m testing a couple of different chassis while breaking in the cabinet. at least a few weeks to months I guess. took some pics with priceton 5D2 and 5B3 deluxe to see the size

• Liked by

Be the first to post a comment.

0 on July 26, 2020

tried a few different chassis with different coupling caps and I decided to stick with Roederstein coupling caps. Astron yellow mustard sounds 3D and Mallory Ajax blue molded is a bit more glassy to me. and Roederstein sounds like a mixture of them so far. I  know I keep changing my mind but, I like this chassis at this moment

• Liked by
Cancel
Loading more replies
  • en Retro Bj4.3 part 3

• Needed to see the B44.3 chassis to make a new chassis for this project. got the chassis along with the original Bj4 chassis. it’s the first time to see the original version. and I can see the wheelbase is identical to Bj4 worlds edition.

B44.3 chassis is 4mm longer than B44’s. but still the Bj4 and B44 bodies fit the chassis. the structure is different for the front and rear bulkheads. Bj4 was built with Nitro TC3 parts. and B44 series has it’s own bulkheads and tranny, diff cups and more

you can check the wheelbase here

https://slowbean.net/2015/06/a-quick-update-for-retro-bj4/

And, the under tray came from B44.2 Bulldog body set from Pro-line
    http://www.prolineracing.com/bodies/bulldog-clear-body-b442/

With some original Bj4 parts from Jconcepts, AE, and Losi

Load More...
  • en Got ink?

• Researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and Harvard Medical School have teamed to develop a novel tattoo ink that can show your body’s health changes.

The novel ink consists of biosensors that react to changes in the tissue fluid and make the skin an “interactive display”. So far, researchers have investigated four biosensors that respond to three types of body information, changing their colors.

As the pH-value increases, the color changes from violet to pink, an increasing sodium content is seen as a bright green under UV light, and blue becomes brown when the glucose level increases.

This animation from a video of the researchers shows how such a tattoo might look like:

Especially for diabetics, a tattoo with ink that reacts to an altered glucose level could be useful. They have to prick their finger with a small needle if they want to measure their blood sugar level – usually several times a day. This procedure can be painful in the long run and can lead to small scars.

You can read more about this innovative technology here: https://www.media.mit.edu/projects/d-Abyss/overview/

#BioChemistry #MedicalScience #Innovations #People #Tattoo

Load More...
  • en 40’s Ken-Rad 6v6GT/G is louder than RCA, GE, Sylvania 6v6GT

• while my 5F1 project is not loud enough with Jensen 10J11 speaker, I tried a few different 6v6 tubes for the last few days.

I noticed Ken-Rad 6v6GT/G tubes are louder than the other tubes. and the texture with this tube is acoustic and strong. 

I don’t see the difference between RCA, GE, and Sylvania 6v6gt tubes that much. GE Canada 6v6GT is a bit brighter than 50’s stock tweed RCA and 60’s Sylvania but, Ken-Rad 6v6GT/G sounds way different to them

Load More...
  • en Fender custom shop 57 Champ with vintage Speaker

• I’m trying CTS 8″ 4ohm speaker which looks and sounds pretty close to Jensen P8T. even it sounds like my stock Oxford 8EV speakers. actually it’s better with this great condition

the filter caps are 33uf+10uf+10uf from Philips Holland factory. and replaced the power tube cathode bypass cap with 47uf to tame the midrange and bass. I like this setup and this vintage CTS 8″ sounds more like my vintage P12R and P12Q.

it’s a huge upgrade while my friend is getting his own vintage speaker. he is working on a P8U frame with recent cone which is close to the original cone.

I tried recent Mallory 150P, Jupiter yellow caps made after Astron blue point. and the final setup is Roederstein .022uf 630v caps.

the stock speaker from Weber is not bad while the breakup threshold is way different. but it still sounds good to me. and it seems to take a while to break in.

Load More...
  • en 5F1 champ 10″ version with wide panel cabinet

• I’m testing a couple of different chassis while breaking in the cabinet. at least a few weeks to months I guess. took some pics with priceton 5D2 and 5B3 deluxe to see the size

Load More...
  • en 1955 Feder Tweed Deluxe 5E3 pics

• brought this home to change the filter caps for a friend. my favorite tweed deluxe is 5D3. but love this one too

Load More...
  • en My old blog skin design

• Load More...
  • en interesting amps and cabinet from John Mergili

• recently got me a 5F1 champ cabinet for 10″ speaker from this guy. the quality is great indeed. I’ll update with some pics after I finish the amp inside of the tweed cabinet. a friend is playing his tweed champ with 12″ speaker more than the stock 8″. I’m going to start with WGS 10″ ceramic speaker which came with the cabinet. 

Tube Amplifiers, Electronic Design and Repair, Restoration, Harmonica Amps, Guitar Amps, Reverb and Tremolo

Load More...
  • en Astron minimite dry electrolytic capacitors

•  

it’s my tweed deluxe 5d3 with Astron cap paper sleeves with Sprague caps inside. TE-1207 for 25uf 25V. and, 16uf 475V for 16uf 450V. I’m still after one more Astron 16uf 450V cap or sleeve. but even dead astron caps are not cheap on ebay. I tried it but the ending price went way further than I expected.

this 5d3 is getting closer to the original shape with the restuff filter caps. the correct switchcraft 1/4 phone plug and 18awg Gaviitt cloth wire are coming to me as well.

Load More...
  • en old sprague caps re-stuffing with Philips caps

• old Philips caps from Holland factory and German Roederstien are my favorite for filter caps and cathode bypass caps.

I cut the aluminum cans and put Philips caps inside of 70’s Sprague paper sleeve caps.

Load More...