en ’54 Fender Tweed Deluxe 5D3 pics

Updated on September 15, 2019 | 3668 Views No Category
2 on February 23, 2019

this wide panel tweed deluxe 5d3 came to me with weber 12a125a speaker a few months ago. it was a very good combo and the price was fair with the new skin. but, I couldn’t stand the blue color of 12a125a. everything else was good to me and my friends.

I’ve tried a like new ’51 p12r without bell, re-coned ’53 p12r came out ’54 5C3, black ’61 p12n, and this ’51 p12q.

p12q is known as one of the original speakers for fender tweed deluxe. but didn’t have a chance to play with p12q before. 

p12q breaks up early like p12r. it was my first question while I was searching this speaker. and the question has solved.

I was obsessed with vintage jensen speakers a while ago. especially with p12n. but it didn’t work well with 5d3 because of the breakup point. or the family and the neighbors. 

then p12q came into my mind. the sound was great like p12n even at the lower volume. and breaks up early enough like p12r in my imaginary world before I actually got this speaker. and it came true. I love this setup and won’t change the speaker again. 

#fender #tweed #5d3 #P12R #P12N #P12Q

• Liked by

3 Comments on this article

Add a comment

0 on May 14, 2019

now it looks old and natural with shellac finish

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on September 15, 2019

recent pics

• Liked by
Cancel
Loading more replies
  • en Oxygen: The terraforming of Earth

• (Picture by Alexander Gerst from the ISS)

We take good old O2 for granted. People are always going on about how early Earth was “perfect” for life. A perfect hell maybe. No ozone layer, no oxygen, extreme heat, an abundance of highly corrosive chemicals in the atmosphere including sulfur and methane.

Much like found on Titan the largest of the moons of Jupiter today. It was a literal red sky hell. With all of that methane and sulfur, it must have smelled like a frat house on chili and hard boiled egg night. So, the Earth was devoid of oxygen in the beginning but as I said there was a metric butt-load of methane and sulfur in the oceans.

So, little single-celled organisms developed that lived on methane and sulfur. After a while, the sulfur level dropped and the methane level did as well. No one is sure why. There still was little oxygen. So some more little critters evolved which produced oxygen called “cyanobacteria”.

It took a billion years for these critters to terraform our planet for the evolution of animals and more complex plants. To this day all plants incorporate these ancient cyanobacteria into their cells in structures known as a “cyanoplasts”. You see life itself changed the planet to support life.

This is what life does.

More informations to this topic: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Oxygenation_Event

#Science #Enviroment #Universe #Earth #Life

Load More...
  • en modern 5F1 with Boothill kit and Mergili cabinet

• found this nicely built 5F1 with 10″ WGS speaker in Mergili cabinet on Ebay while I was in search of the parts for my first 5F1 build. grabbed it off for very good price and I’m changing the components and wires one by one like the filter caps, bypass caps, speaker wires along with the plug.

I think the speaker wires and Amperex 12ax7 changed way more than the capacitors. I’m waiting for yellow and red Jupiter 0.022 caps as well. an A/B comparison video on youtube was very interesting. and red one looks very close to the original Astron firecracker.

there are few tweed amp inspired cabinets around. and it’s the first cab I like except for the original ones. this cabinet sings with WGS ceramic speaker. I’ve been biased toward vintage Jensen alnico speakers so far. and this speaker changed it a bit

the orange filter caps are Roederstein 33uf 450v which replaced the stock caps from the kit. I didn’t know the limit of 5y3 and was brave enough to put two of them on it. then realized the rectifier was too hot and went to 33+10+10.

the first 33uf right next to the rectifier seems fine so far. I’ve tried on the original 5D3 and 5F1 without an issue before. this very capacitor is one of the caps I trust most

this 5F1 is dead quiet and the filament wiring is a bit different to the original champ. I’m trying to figuring out it. nothing is easy with the electric stuff even 5F1 is this simple.

I’ve got some NOS Sprague black beauty caps 15 years ago and tried it on this amp. I expected something vintage with them. but I’ve learned they are not useful as the coupling caps. they were good as the guitar tone caps. but they dramatically reduced the output volume regardless of the values. realized why my 18watt replica’s output volume was that low 15 years ago today. I’m still wondering why anyway. 

[update] the sprague caps I put on this amp had twice high capacitance than the marking. I couldn’t find any 0.02 and tried 0.03 but they actually were over 0.05. higher capacitance changes the frequency and reduces the output volume as I learned from them. and NOS caps need time to break in. they sound getting louder for the last few days

Load More...
  • en Got ink?

• Researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and Harvard Medical School have teamed to develop a novel tattoo ink that can show your body’s health changes.

The novel ink consists of biosensors that react to changes in the tissue fluid and make the skin an “interactive display”. So far, researchers have investigated four biosensors that respond to three types of body information, changing their colors.

As the pH-value increases, the color changes from violet to pink, an increasing sodium content is seen as a bright green under UV light, and blue becomes brown when the glucose level increases.

This animation from a video of the researchers shows how such a tattoo might look like:

Especially for diabetics, a tattoo with ink that reacts to an altered glucose level could be useful. They have to prick their finger with a small needle if they want to measure their blood sugar level – usually several times a day. This procedure can be painful in the long run and can lead to small scars.

You can read more about this innovative technology here: https://www.media.mit.edu/projects/d-Abyss/overview/

#BioChemistry #MedicalScience #Innovations #People #Tattoo

Load More...
  • en Dear Mr. Fantasy

• Steve Winwood + Eric Clapton

Load More...
  • en a painting I came across

• 1 Likes, 0 Comments – Anita Ekman (@anitaekmanartist) on Instagram: “Pintura de luz : Dona Quixote de la mancha.”

Load More...
  • en wisdom in the color of white

• sometimes, words are like the windows through the history and culture. now I see why we keep seeing the white witches and wizards who are the symbols of wisdom on the movies. and why we have the similar names from the western culture. 

Load More...
  • en Official Random Picture Thread. 📷

• Lets start to create a photo gallery of the world on this tread! Feel free to post your favorite picture of a place, architecture, car or image of your favorite photographer.

Load More...
  • en Rusty Beauty l 1972 Porsche 911S Targa

• You’re a Porsche enthusiast running his own restoration and sales operation in the UK. A client’s request for a 1973 Carrera RS sends you to Japan to inspect…

Load More...
  • en Which methods are the best examples of data mining?

• Data mining is not just the art of extracting new information; In fact, it is about identifying new patterns from data that you’ve already collected. Here are 10 best examples of data mining methods and techniques:

1. Cluster analysis to identify target groups
    2. Regression analysis to bring on marketing forecasts
    3. Classification analysis to spot on spams and more
    4. Anomaly detection to identify abnormalities
    5. Intrusion detection for system security
    6. Rule learning to recognize links between data
    7. Decision trees analysis to improve on project risk management
    8. Neural network application for automated learning
    9. Induction rule to prefigure data-based analysis
    10. Data warehousing

via @BMM Read the full article here: https://www.bmmagazine.co.uk/business/which-methods-are-the-best-examples-of-data-mining/

#data #DataScience #MachineLearning #AI #BigData #deeplearning #IoT #ComputerScience

Load More...
  • en 2.2″ front wheels and axles for RC10

• I got myself this front axle mod idea from rc10talk.com forum when I wanted to put Yokomo 2.2″ wheels on my RC10 runners a couple of years ago. Associated #7222 axles are everything actually. there are not much left to do except for getting the axles if you want to use B4 or JC rulux wheels

longer axle on the right side is ASC7222 that makes you can use none-offset wheels like B4’s, Yoke 4WD’s, and more

Yokomo made TH-1 wheel adapters for RC10. early TH-1 came with front adapters as well. but later TH-1 didn’t

I had managed to get a set of front hubs. but needed more. and got another set from a trick with Ultima hubs.

got this after I trimmed the each side of Ultima front hub from TH-8 package above. the diameter is “slightly” larger for 3/16″ bearings. but the tiny play (gap) was fixed with Loctite. then I’v been using the hubs without a issue

RC10 axles and wheels

Load More...