en ’54 Fender Tweed Deluxe 5D3 pics

Updated on September 15, 2019 | 9235 Views No Category
2 on February 23, 2019

this wide panel tweed deluxe 5d3 came to me with weber 12a125a speaker a few months ago. it was a very good combo and the price was fair with the new skin. but, I couldn’t stand the blue color of 12a125a. everything else was good to me and my friends.

I’ve tried a like new ’51 p12r without bell, re-coned ’53 p12r came out ’54 5C3, black ’61 p12n, and this ’51 p12q.

p12q is known as one of the original speakers for fender tweed deluxe. but didn’t have a chance to play with p12q before. 

p12q breaks up early like p12r. it was my first question while I was searching this speaker. and the question has solved.

I was obsessed with vintage jensen speakers a while ago. especially with p12n. but it didn’t work well with 5d3 because of the breakup point. or the family and the neighbors. 

then p12q came into my mind. the sound was great like p12n even at the lower volume. and breaks up early enough like p12r in my imaginary world before I actually got this speaker. and it came true. I love this setup and won’t change the speaker again. 

#fender #tweed #5d3 #P12R #P12N #P12Q

• Liked by

3 Comments on this article

Add a comment

0 on May 14, 2019

now it looks old and natural with shellac finish

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on September 15, 2019

recent pics

• Liked by
Cancel
Loading more replies
  • en Multifandom | Can’t Hold Us

• THE GIRL THAT SAY “HELLO” AT 00:03 IS FROM “GOTHAM” ● HD IS BETTER ; That remix is fuck I needed to edit it, sorry the black border more gave a charm -q ‘ Im…
    Load More...
  • en Yokomo Hotdog4 build from YR4 kit

• I started this build on my personal blogspot blog. then I moved whole the articles on slowbean. I might want to arrange them into one single thread later.

it’s my yokomo Hotdog4 built from YR4 kit with some Works bits, along with Yokomo Esprit stock motor. I’m working on the new shock towers. 

MX4 rear CVD bones fits perfect for ’91 through ’93 Works. Hotdog4 has the same arms. and you guys can see the result. the length is same with post ’94 yz10 rear cvd bones.

Load More...
  • en Sprague Bumble bee and Black Beauty (Telecap) PIO and Mylar X-ray pics

• a friend took these C-arm Xray image intensifier films for me. as you can see, they are

PIO black beauty .022uf 400v x2

Mylar black beauty .022uf 400v

and, PIO bulbe bee .022 uf 400v

from the left to right

another xray picture with a bit of contrast adjustment on the machine

Load More...
  • en this CTS 1M potentiometer w/spst switch looks right for 5F1

• Never used. Nylion shaft – no washers or nuts. 1377940 600-01-33. AUDIO Taper 10% at center position. Lot of 10.

Load More...
  • en Sola Sound Bum fuzz with NPN OC139 Germanium transistors works great

• I just tried this from a hunch while I barely understand electric circuits.

Bum fuzz was made after B&M fuzz. it came from Tonebender Jumbo, and Jumbo came from Big muff. and they are not far from Tonebender MK3. it means this pedal would work with Germanium transistors.

Sola Sound make 3 different versions of Bum Fuzz units with BC184, BC549C, and ZTX109. BC184  and ZTX109 versions look same to each other except ZTX109 version comes with better and older electric components. BC549C comes with cheap ass version. and, it has 3 of different resistors and 2 of electrolytic capacitors at least. I replaced them with 33k, 100, and 100k resistors an 2 of 0.1uf fixed caps.

OC139, OC140, OC141 are NPN germanium transistors for computers (yes, the computer) from late 60’s. They are period correct for late 60’s and early 70’s fuzz I guess. and, have the similar Hfe range as well. most of them I found on ebay.co.uk had 100 to 200 Hfe range. some are less than 100, and some of them are over 200.

It’s the shop I found ZTX109 and OC139 transistors

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/J-H-Components-Limited/Transistors-Vintage-Germanium/_i.html?_storecat=14509182015

And, this pedal sounds great with OC139. I don’t see any reason to try a different setup anymore. this modified Germanium Bum fuzz unit has overdrive to medium or leather high gain fuzz range now. somewhat sounds like MK2 and feels like MK3.

It was like this a couple of months ago

Came across this big red bum fuzz here on reverb.com https://reverb.com/item/17423735-sola-sound-cheap-ass-bum-fuzz-jumbo-tone-bender-direct-from-sola-sound-london Sola Sound / Macaris sells a few different versions with different components along with the pricing. this one is a literally cheap, actually the cheapest version of them. they had/have more coming as well. http://www.macaris.co.uk/colorsound They have 3 different versions by the price. £399.00, …
    Load More...
  • en ’88 YZ10 (870C) and Hotdog4 update

• Yokomo 870C aka.1988 YZ10 build with

White winter arms
    2mm fine pitch drive train
    Yokomo Hotlaps wheels
    Lightened diff cups
    Composite Craft shock towers
    Front aluminum bulkhead
    AE steel turnbuckles from RC10 Worlds re-release kit
    SRS steering blocks

Hotdog4 built with
    AE 870C shock towers
    MX4 rear aluminum CVD bones
    Academy molded wing
    Extended wheelbase with longer rear belt
    White Kydex bumper, homemade
    870C shocks with later shock ends for Works arms
    AE steel turnbuckles from RC10 Worlds re-release
    Magnesium bulkheads

Hodog4 has the copper springs now

And, few more pics with C4 body

Load More...
  • en Fender tweed deluxe 5D3 b+ voltage with a few different rectifier tubes

• 377V with Bendix 6106 5y3wgt which has purchased as NOS and less than 1 year old

366V with Hytron 5y3wgt which is many many years old

369V with GE 5y3gt less than 1 year old

393V with GE 5v4g which I purchased as NOS and less than 1 year old

396V with RCA 5v4g as NOS and less than 1 year old

370V with another Bendix I have purchased as slightly used condition a couple of months ago

btw, I recently scored this Bendix for $25 off ebay. but it just killed my 5F1’s fuse and the B+ is only 266V with 5D3. not every single Bendix lasts like forever

and, figured out why I had 60hz hum with this 5v4g. this one shows only 307v. I’m going to update the 5v4g thread

Load More...
  • en R?Is What? album cover design for yoffy

•  

i designed those two works for yoffy who work really hard on music

here is his soundcloud profile link

https://soundcloud.com/user-184228744

Load More...
  • en Jaguar XJ220 l My dream car

• Racecar-driver Justin Law dives into detail the very rare XJ220 supercar project and it’s storied history, passing hands from Tom Walkinshaw Racing (TWR) and…

Load More...
  • en NPN Germanium transistor list for Fuzz pedals

• My interest in fuzz pedal came from JMI Tone Bender III reissue which belongs to a friend. this pedal has 3 of OC75 glass tube transistors.

And, unfortunately, My Sola Sound Bum Fuzz came with 3 of NPN transistors while OC75 is PNP type. then found this web page with germanium and silicone transistor lists

http://vintageradio.me.uk/info/radiocon_data_trans.htm

There are 26 of germanium NPN transistors from the data sheets

ASY28, ASY29

2N388, 2N388A

2N1302, 2N1304, 2N1306, 2N1308,

OC139, OC140, OC141

AD161

AC187

NKT713, NKT773, NKT774, NKT781

2SD72

Black glass tube NPN transistors are OC139, OC140, OC141 from them.

OC75 is like this according to this web page on alltransistors.com

Type Designator: OC75 (PNP)

Maximum Collector Power Dissipation (Pc): 0.125 W

Maximum Collector-Base Voltage |Vcb|: 20 V

Maximum Collector-Emitter Voltage |Vce|: 20 V

Maximum Emitter-Base Voltage |Veb|: 10 V

Maximum Collector Current |Ic max|: 0.01 A

Transition Frequency (ft): 0.1 MHz

Collector Capacitance (Cc): 50 pF

Forward Current Transfer Ratio (hFE), MIN: 55

And, for OC139, OC140 is

Vcb: 20 V / 20 V

Vce: 20 V / 20V

Forward Current Transfer Ratio (hFE), MIN: 40 / 75

I’m going to try OC139. simply beccause, OC139 is cheaper than OC140 on ebay. and I’m wondering how Transition Frequency differences work with Fuzz. I’ll update in a few weeks

Load More...