en 50’s and 60’s Fender Champ 8″ speakers

Updated on January 28, 2020 | 241 Views all
0 on January 28, 2020

all the 5F1 champ around me have Oxford 8EV speakers and they seemed to have Jensen P8T as well. found one from CTS which sounds like the stock Oxford. they are 4 ohm impedance and DCR is mostly 3.2 ohm

I’m not sure with new and doped speakers but old, broken in and sometimes brittle speakers sound way better with edge doping in every aspect to me. it’s like a having a good preamp tube in vintage tweed amps

it’s an Oxford from ’59 Champ along with one from 62’s. the cone went yellow and I guess it was in a place with carbon monoxide gas around. both has doped in the end

and 60’s Ceramic speaker from Oxford. and another one from CTS. this CTS is not Fender stock but sounds pretty much like the stock speakers.

• Liked by

Be the first to post a comment.

Loading more replies
  • en Belden E3462-C cord makes my tweed amps dead quiet

• needed a longer AC cord for my 5D3 and tried E3462-C cord. this cord noticeably reduces noise even while it has more amps and computers share the same AC and audio source.

then I replaced all the AC cord with this for my tweed amps. the most dramatic change comes to ’59 5F1 which was quiet alone but it cannot be hooked up with AB box. even 60hz hum was loud when it shared the same AC power source without AB box. ground lift didn’t work either. it just shifted the noise frequency

this seller has the cable. but, only one of three was correct. two of them were E3462 without C. they are metal shielded and the noise was louder than 2 prong cord.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-CPU-Power-Cord-Cable-SVT-E-3462-C-LL-30830/253801406241

found another seller had the correct cable. and finally all of my tweed amps are dead quiet at any circumstance with E3462-C. even there is no difference between the original and modern 5F1 with or without the center tab.

and this typical ac cord wasn’t that bad for 5D3 but there is a huge difference with 5F1. E3462-C is still way better for 5D3 as well.

Load More...
  • en Fender Princeton AA964 Blackface from ’64 or ’65

• haven’t checked the serial nubmber. it just looks came from between 1964 to 1965. someone added an extra diode on the original one. but the original diode works fine without it. more than one component have replaced at some point.

the output level is too low and I guess it’s the filiter caps. it has 20+20+20+20uf 450v multi cap.

Load More...
  • en Double standards over ideological confrontation

•  

It seems to be true that CJD patients really exist in Korea.

Otherwise, the fact that you can easily find out in a simple Google search in English cannot be denied unconditionally like religion.

It is more likely to cut my fingers and hands, which are frequently exposed to radiation during orthopaedic surgery, than to eat and die from seafood contaminated with Fukusima Daiichi radioactivity.

Everyday is really a series of shocks and sucks.

Load More...
  • en one beautiful tweed deluxe 5C3 came from Feb. 1955

• it’s one of the tweed amps led me to this tweed world. it’s typical 5C3 with two of 6sc7

Load More...
  • en SU.SG Hosting logo design

• Load More...
  • en ’54 Fender Tweed Deluxe 5D3 pics

• this wide panel tweed deluxe 5d3 came to me with weber 12a125a speaker a few months ago. it was a very good combo and the price was fair with the new skin. but, I couldn’t stand the blue color of 12a125a. everything else was good to me and my friends.

I’ve tried a like new ’51 p12r without bell, re-coned ’53 p12r came out ’54 5C3, black ’61 p12n, and this ’51 p12q.

p12q is known as one of the original speakers for fender tweed deluxe. but didn’t have a chance to play with p12q before. 

p12q breaks up early like p12r. it was my first question while I was searching this speaker. and the question has solved.

I was obsessed with vintage jensen speakers a while ago. especially with p12n. but it didn’t work well with 5d3 because of the breakup point. or the family and the neighbors. 

then p12q came into my mind. the sound was great like p12n even at the lower volume. and breaks up early enough like p12r in my imaginary world before I actually got this speaker. and it came true. I love this setup and won’t change the speaker again. 

#fender #tweed #5d3 #P12R #P12N #P12Q

Load More...
  • en don’t want this but still interesting

• Barbie is getting a David Bowie Makeover. This Barbie x David Bowie Doll is a part of the Gold Label Collection.

Load More...
  • en LSD – No New Friends (Official Video) ft. Labrinth, Sia, Diplo

• Load More...
  • en Tecumseh

• Tecumseh, one of the greatest men ever to be born on the American continent. A Native American, war chief and statesman he was essentially a Native American George Washington. He saw his family killed by the white settlers and the soldiers of the new United States of America yet he refused to kill women and children.

Among the tribes, there was no concept of Indians as a group i.e. you were a Shawnee or Mohawk, not an Indian. Indeed, even the whites were seen as “tribes” the British tribe, French tribe, Spanish tribe or, worst of all from their perspective, the American tribe. Tecumseh was a visionary and envisioned a Native American confederacy from the Great Lakes to the Gulf.

He sided with the British in the War of 1812 only to be abandoned after the end of the war. Abandoned to the Americans who destroyed him and his people.

Please note: No nation is all good or all evil. One must acknowledge the failings as well as the successes of a nation to truly understand it.

#History #CoreBeliefs #Philosophy #NativeAmericans #Courage

(Picture: Portrait of Tecumseh – Nineteenth-century portrait by Benson John Lossing, after a pencil sketch by Pierre Le Dru)

Load More...
  • en I Designed fashion magazine and mockup just for fun

• i think i use too much bold :/

Load More...