en 1955 Feder Tweed Deluxe 5E3 pics

Updated on July 27, 2020 | 403 Views all
1 on July 27, 2020

brought this home to change the filter caps for a friend. my favorite tweed deluxe is 5D3. but love this one too

• Liked by

Be the first to post a comment.

0 on July 27, 2020

• Liked by
Cancel
Loading more replies
  • en Jconcepts BJ4 went to retro – update

• This update has done a couple of years ago. and, I noticed I haven’t updated the pictures. here they are

And, the leftover stock parts from BJ4 and B44

#BJ4 #Jconcepts #B44 

Load More...
  • en How it all ends. Maybe.

• “Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate to say that for destruction ice Is also great and would suffice.” Robert Frost (1874-1963)

The end of the world may come slowly, but it’s inevitable. Our sun, exhausting the hydrogen-fuel of the core, will successively burn the outer layers and doing so becoming hotter and expanding in size. In estimated 7,59 billion years a red giant will engulf the earth – or whatever still be left over of the once blue planet.

Already in 1,6 billion years the hotter sun will evaporate the oceans, and plate tectonics, whiteout enough water acting as lubricant in subduction zones, will stop. Without plate tectonics erosion will become a dominant factor. The increased radiation of sun will modify the chemical composition of earth’s atmosphere. The light hydrogen will also “evaporate” into space and the heavy oxygen will accumulate on the surface of earth. In this denser atmosphere rare, but strong, rainstorms will cause large mudflows in the last mountain ranges. Mountains will be eroded and basins filled with sediments and earth’s surface will become a plain desert. The iron in the sediments will react with the oxygen and earth’s colors will change into a permanent red, like planet Mars today. In the dense atmosphere temperatures will still rise, dissolving gypsum and other sulphur-bearing rocks. The free sulphur will react with the traces of vapor left in the atmosphere and it will rain sulphuric acid from earth’s sky.

In 7,5 billion years the expanding sun will gravitationally lock earth and one side will now face always towards sun. In the sunny side the temperature of earth’s surface will rise to 2.200°C, on the dark side of earth the temperature, without an isolating atmosphere, could plunge to -240°. Basalt, one of the most common rocks on earth, melts at 1.100-1.200°C, on the sunshine side it will be so hot that a molten magma-ocean forms… and it will start to evaporate. Between the hot side and cool side of earth the evaporated elements, like iron and silica, will form rain and like today snowflakes form a landscape composed of snow, iron- sodium-, magnesium- and potassium-flakes will form an eerie landscape composed of these elements. Rock-glaciers will descend from the mountains to the shores and icebergs of rock will float into the magma-ocean.

Excerpt – Read the complete article here: https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/history-of-geology/how-it-all-ends-8230/

Load More...
  • en JMP 1959 Super Lead 1971 with Rola blackback speaker cab

• took some pics at a friend’s place

cabinet

chassis

the circuit board

filter caps

Load More...
  • en JBL D120F from 70’s Fender twin reverb

• Not sure what I’m going to do with this speaker while I don’t have any SF or BF fender. I remember my friends older than me loved it when I was a kid. even I still remember how the sound was. I saw the same speaker with gray and orange frames. this D120F came from 70’s silver face twin reverb and it’s orange. and it still has the original cone

Load More...
  • en This Lotus Esprit Is A Light Rider Reborn

• en fender 1952 5B3 tweed deluxe restoration

• it took a while to get the original Astron mimimite capacitors for re-stuff. came to 33uf + 22uf + 22uf and it turned out great with zero hum and Fender tweed deluxe voicing. it’s funny I met this amp a while back. a friend of mine had it. then another friend owns it now

tried P12N and came back to the original smooth cone P12R after fixed the voice coil rub.

it was like this when it came to me. the voltage dropping resistor fell off once I touched the soldering joint with my iron for 0.1 sec. a bit scary I could say.

Load More...
  • en Jensen EM-1002 10″ speaker with syntox-6 ceramic magnet

• didn’t know Jensen had Concert series with ceramic magnets. this PM-1002 sounds more like Jensen 10J11 than WGS Veteran ceramic to me. even I believed it was an alnico speaker when I grabbed this off ebay for $69 plus shipping. then googled what Syntox-6 was after a week playing this in my 5F1 project. a bit disappointed while figuring out what the magnet was. but still happy with this NOS Jensen with the original box. and it is way louder than Jensen 10J11 alnico speaker as I expected.

I’ve tried Mullard and a few different 12ax7 tubes with it. and going to stick with GE black plate 5751 for a while. 

Load More...
  • en Fender custom shop 57 Champ with vintage Speaker

• I’m trying CTS 8″ 4ohm speaker which looks and sounds pretty close to Jensen P8T. even it sounds like my stock Oxford 8EV speakers. actually it’s better with this great condition

the filter caps are 33uf+10uf+10uf from Philips Holland factory. and replaced the power tube cathode bypass cap with 47uf to tame the midrange and bass. I like this setup and this vintage CTS 8″ sounds more like my vintage P12R and P12Q.

it’s a huge upgrade while my friend is getting his own vintage speaker. he is working on a P8U frame with recent cone which is close to the original cone.

I tried recent Mallory 150P, Jupiter yellow caps made after Astron blue point. and the final setup is Roederstein .022uf 630v caps.

the stock speaker from Weber is not bad while the breakup threshold is way different. but it still sounds good to me. and it seems to take a while to break in.

Load More...
  • en NIKE x SACAI mid blazer

•  

Detailed look at the Sacai X Nike Blazer
    Price:$140

new shoes with shoes added to them

it looks a little messy, but it stands out even more through those perfect color combinations

Load More...
  • en LSD – Audio (Official Video) ft. Labrinth, Sia, Diplo

• Load More...