en 12″ wide panel cabinet for 5F1 aging job

Updated on February 5, 2021 | 442 Views all
0 on February 5, 2021

it has done by my teenage daughter. she’s getting better every time

• Liked by

Be the first to post a comment.

Loading more replies
  • en 2.2″ front wheels and axles for RC10

• I got myself this front axle mod idea from rc10talk.com forum when I wanted to put Yokomo 2.2″ wheels on my RC10 runners a couple of years ago. Associated #7222 axles are everything actually. there are not much left to do except for getting the axles if you want to use B4 or JC rulux wheels

longer axle on the right side is ASC7222 that makes you can use none-offset wheels like B4’s, Yoke 4WD’s, and more

Yokomo made TH-1 wheel adapters for RC10. early TH-1 came with front adapters as well. but later TH-1 didn’t

I had managed to get a set of front hubs. but needed more. and got another set from a trick with Ultima hubs.

got this after I trimmed the each side of Ultima front hub from TH-8 package above. the diameter is “slightly” larger for 3/16″ bearings. but the tiny play (gap) was fixed with Loctite. then I’v been using the hubs without a issue

RC10 axles and wheels

Load More...
  • en Yokomo 870C build from the parts

•  

front wide setup with Works CVD, SRS steering knuckle.

#yokomo #yz10 #cvd #870c

Load More...
  • en Pickguard on Joe Bonamassa signature Burst

• I believe Gibson and Wildwood put the same black plastic parts from his Custom Shop Goldtop Les Paul. while the plastic parts made after his original. the pickguard is different to all the Gibson’s like pre 2009 historic, post 2009 historic, and Gibson US version.

and, finally found the right one from Creamtone. they sent me their Absolute Vintage pickguard template. and every single detail is same except for the gap they made after the original 50’s pickguard.

I’ll update after we try this from Creamtone later

Load More...
  • en Fender Tweed Deluxe 5A3 pics

• brought this back to life for a friend. someone, probably more than one person seemed to try it before. but it sounded dull when it came to me.

Load More...
  • en recent 5F6A Bassman build with NOS Astron blue point aka. yellow mustard caps

• here goes my recent build with more than a few NOS Astron yellow mustard caps.

Load More...
  • en play this song through your tweed amps

• mono sound is good enough and you can run this song through two amps. I still recommend you to have at least one tweed amp with well broken speaker and the tubes.

The Pre-Show with Dave & Gary featuring the one and only Donna Jean Godchaux goes live at 8pm ET / 5pm PT – Link: https://youtu.be/v4hIP9Y0OHsGrateful Dead a…

Load More...
  • en NPN Germanium transistor list for Fuzz pedals

• My interest in fuzz pedal came from JMI Tone Bender III reissue which belongs to a friend. this pedal has 3 of OC75 glass tube transistors.

And, unfortunately, My Sola Sound Bum Fuzz came with 3 of NPN transistors while OC75 is PNP type. then found this web page with germanium and silicone transistor lists

http://vintageradio.me.uk/info/radiocon_data_trans.htm

There are 26 of germanium NPN transistors from the data sheets

ASY28, ASY29

2N388, 2N388A

2N1302, 2N1304, 2N1306, 2N1308,

OC139, OC140, OC141

AD161

AC187

NKT713, NKT773, NKT774, NKT781

2SD72

Black glass tube NPN transistors are OC139, OC140, OC141 from them.

OC75 is like this according to this web page on alltransistors.com

Type Designator: OC75 (PNP)

Maximum Collector Power Dissipation (Pc): 0.125 W

Maximum Collector-Base Voltage |Vcb|: 20 V

Maximum Collector-Emitter Voltage |Vce|: 20 V

Maximum Emitter-Base Voltage |Veb|: 10 V

Maximum Collector Current |Ic max|: 0.01 A

Transition Frequency (ft): 0.1 MHz

Collector Capacitance (Cc): 50 pF

Forward Current Transfer Ratio (hFE), MIN: 55

And, for OC139, OC140 is

Vcb: 20 V / 20 V

Vce: 20 V / 20V

Forward Current Transfer Ratio (hFE), MIN: 40 / 75

I’m going to try OC139. simply beccause, OC139 is cheaper than OC140 on ebay. and I’m wondering how Transition Frequency differences work with Fuzz. I’ll update in a few weeks

Load More...
  • en a replacement for #47 bulb – #239

• I’ve been using this 239 bulb after the factory GE #47 bulb went dead. 239 is same 6.3V and the bayonet base is identical to #47. mine came from Westinghouse as I remember. and found more from Tung-sol, Sylvania, Chicago Miniature, and more

239 rated 2.268 watt while 47 is 0.945 watt according to this web page. I’m wondering if I can go with this bulb. but didn’t have an issue yet

https://www.bulbtown.com/6_2_VOLT_LIGHT_BULBS_s/380.htm

and there are sellers have #1847 which is the long-life version of #47 on ebay. even their pricing are fair. it’s a thread about #47 and #1847

https://www.antiqueradios.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=145938

Load More...
  • en my instagram – tweedfreak

• just realized I haven’t checked the messages here for a while.

it’s my instagram. and it’s mostly about the tweed amps. feel free to drop me a line

https://www.instagram.com/tweedfreak/

Load More...
  • en gathering information on vintage tweed champ output transformer

• while I’m working on a tweed champ 5f1 replica with 10″ speaker, I recall they say the output transformers affect the tone.

and, I noticed I never saw the back side of champ chassis before. it’s where I start finding a vintage OT for my project

Load More...